Rio Ferdinand

Crumpy Gunt

Ashley Cole has been crap since he left Arsenal

Ive always harboured a hatred for Ashley Cole. Its because of the way he plays the game - hes admittedly good defensively when hes not getting shown up by flair players, and had a great game a few years ago against CRonaldo, but its going forward where he bugs me - theres this perception that hes some sort of attacking fullback, good at going forward, when in reality he does little except for feigning injury and going down at every possible opportunity. He actually plays for a foul whenever hes in a decent attacking position - knock ball forward, put body in between man and ball, fall over as though shot by a sniper with added facial expression of being in labour.

The rest of the time when hes not scowling like a baby whilst falling over, hes scared to go forwards. Hes like a player who is out of his depth at the top levels, but just scrapes through every situation (normally by diving) and consistently drags himself out of trouble. Annoying.

Guest Stephen927

Whenever he is in possession, I always feel like he's going to do something stupid.

I'm happy enough for him to stay in the England first team, was let off by a harsh decision against Russia for their disallowed goal but other than that he had an alright game. Him and John Terry seem to be a perfect defensive partnership, Rio just needs to sort out his concentration issues.

Rio is mega overrated... hes just average

ridiculous

says it all, to be a good defender you have to be running around like Steven Taylor on ecstacy or flying in with challanges left, right and centre

Ferdinand doesn't have to do this because he's one step ahead of the attacker, Ferguson's no mug, there's a reason he paid £30m for him

ridiculous

says it all, to be a good defender you have to be running around like Steven Taylor on ecstacy or flying in with challanges left, right and centre

Ferdinand doesn't have to do this because he's one step ahead of the attacker, Ferguson's no mug, there's a reason he paid £30m for him

He hasn't really improved since then though has he?

Not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm reminded of a comparison with Woody when we signed him...

Woody will play each and every minute of the game as an 8/9 out of 10 player and rarely will you notice him try anything clever

Rio plays like a 9/10 out of 10 player for 85 minutes then try to be clever and cock up

As someone who was at Wembley last night,Ferdinands main problem is that he doesnt know his limitations and doesnt concentrate either.He believes he is the Pele of centre halfs and is over confident at times he should be hitting Row Z.Terry far more reliable and solid imho.

ridiculous

aye and shevchenko was bought for that price... kind of negates the whole "hes expensive therefore he's good" arguement

i think ferdinand is clas to be honest, his biggest problem is probably his arrogance as a player on the pitch and that can lead him into dangerous situations, if he had the mentality of John terry then he would be the perfect defender. Strong, quick, intelliagent(always one step ahead), calm, composed, timing of tackle, very good posisiotnally.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Rio is just plain ugly.

No wonder he fits in well at Man Utd with their "buy ugly" transfer policy.

One of the best centre-backs in the world though.

What's looks got to do with anything when it comes to football?

ridiculous

aye and shevchenko was bought for that price... kind of negates the whole "hes expensive therefore he's good" arguement

not an argument that I used really, difference being, Ferdinand has been the first name on Fergie's teamsheet for 3 years now

Ferdinand and Cole were s**** last night.

And SWP is at best our second best RW, but i think we're stuck with him now. Pace above all else on the wing? Stupid idea.

Pace above what ? Who is your first best RW that SWP has only pace over your fella ?

ridiculous

And you think Shevchenko is NOT good :lol: oh my dear...

ridiculous

not an argument that I used really, difference being, Ferdinand has been the first name on Fergie's teamsheet for 3 years now

Sorry that's just bollocks, there's a couple of players that Fergie would put ahead of Ferdinand. Even in centre back, if you ask most Man Utd fans, they'd prefer Vidic ahead of Ferdinand. Ferdinand is good but is also liable to some serious concentration issues. Hard to compare him with Terry. Terry does not have the continental class of Ferdinand in terms of bringing the ball out of defence, but that also makes him more reliable, i.e. no fannying about, just get the ball and clear the ball into midfield.

Is f****** s**** to be honest. Him and Cole are not very good.

edit - add SWP to the f****** useless equation.

Ferdinand is definitely over-rated.

Agree totally - if Woodgate had not had so many injuries, he would have been preferred to Ferdinand in the England team ; far better defender in my opinion.

ridiculous

And you think Shevchenko is NOT good :lol: oh my dear...

is that an ironic statement?.. if not then you need your head checked, shevchenkos done nothing all of last season.. making him "not good" imo

ridiculous

Sorry that's just bollocks, there's a couple of players that Fergie would put ahead of Ferdinand. Even in centre back, if you ask most Man Utd fans, they'd prefer Vidic ahead of Ferdinand. Ferdinand is good but is also liable to some serious concentration issues. Hard to compare him with Terry. Terry does not have the continental class of Ferdinand in terms of bringing the ball out of defence, but that also makes him more reliable, i.e. no fannying about, just get the ball and clear the ball into midfield.

how's it bollocks, Ferdinand has always been in the team at CB (when fit) for over 3 years.

Vidic was bought to be the perfect partner for him and his place in the team has never been under threat. You can't even say that for Rooney

ridiculous

Ferdinand is Man Utd first choice centre back as he has been for years. Maybe he wasn't worth what they paid for him but you don't stay first choice in a team of that quality if you aren't an excellent player yourself.