Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Milan drew 1-1 with Siena yesterday after leaving out the likes of Kaka, Pirlo and Oddo so they were fit for the Champions League mid week.

Ancelotti out tbh.

:lol:

I see you don't see the differance about the relative strenghts and pitfalls of playing away at Pompey and the merits of perenial relegation fodder Sienna. Not a good example...Must try harder.

Barcelona drew 0-0 against Osasuna after resting Messi and Xavi from the starting line up. Rijkard or how ever you spell it OUT!

Have you forgotten your little blue pills today? :parky:

....another bad choice as Rijkaard nearly got the sack at the end of last season. Try harder... mackems.gif

They're not bad choices Parky, they just don't fit your agenda. All 3 managers left some of their best players out with the champions league game in mind and all of them sent out a team which they thought was capable of beating the opposition.

They're not bad choices Parky, they just don't fit your agenda. All 3 managers left some of their best players out with the champions league game in mind and all of them sent out a team which they thought was capable of beating the opposition.

So other managers made the same mistake paid for it and somehow this absolves Benny. I see your point but I reapeat playing Sienna and Osasuna isn't the same as Pompey away.

Resting players at the start  of the season isn't really an issue imo. If this were Feb then I would be more inclined to agree.

Seriously what's he like?

Another day, another press conference and another moan from Rafael Benitez about fixture schedules and player tiredness. And this time the Spanish manager has appealed to the patriot in us all for support. Benitez lost 18 players for a two-week international break last week and blamed tiredness - rather than the fact he needlessly left in form 23-year-old Fernando Torres on the bench for most of the game to give him a rest little more than a month in to the season - for Liverpool's lacklustre performance in their 0-0 draw with Portsmouth on Saturday.

"If now we are really tired and lose to Porto, an English team will be losing in the Champions League," Benitez said, doing his best John Bull impression. "If you want your team at the top level in Europe then OK, protect them. The reputation of your country is at stake."

Why the fuck is he benching his best player, also the guy who will get him goals? Seriously if someone liked Glenn Roeder managed Liverpool and did that the fans would all call for his head.

Rafa is quite possibly the most overrated manager in the world. :cheesy: :lol:

Guest evertoniansrmongs

Why the f*** is he benching his best player, also the guy who will get him goals? Seriously if someone liked Glenn Roeder managed Liverpool and did that the fans would all call for his head.

true he is overrated... i mean what has he won in europe umm just the uefa cup, champions league and super cup.. did i miss any trophy which is still available.. if glenn roeder had won even on of the afore mentioned trophies there would be a statue outside SJP and he would be the benchmark.. Its amazing the load of rubbish you come out with..

Guest evertoniansrmongs

Barcelona drew 0-0 against Osasuna after resting Messi and Xavi from the starting line up. Rijkard or how ever you spell it OUT!

Have you forgotten your little blue pills today? :parky:

....another bad choice as Rijkaard nearly got the sack at the end of last season. Try harder... mackems.gif

Rijkaard would have got the sack because of politics not because the team was crap.. he finished level on points with real madrid

Why the f*** is he benching his best player, also the guy who will get him goals? Seriously if someone liked Glenn Roeder managed Liverpool and did that the fans would all call for his head.

true he is overrated... i mean what has he won in europe umm just the uefa cup, champions league and super cup.. did i miss any trophy which is still available.. if glenn roeder had won even on of the afore mentioned trophies there would be a statue outside SJP and he would be the benchmark.. Its amazing the load of rubbish you come out with..

Don't really count the Super Cup (what is that?) as a proper trophy tbh.

Tell me so while you seem to be firing blanks you think it is another piece of tactical genuis to leave one of the best strikers in the world on the bench?

Guest Knightrider

On their forums Rafa and the word sack keep cropping up all too frequently these days. Unless he delivers the Premiership or Champions League he'll be gone next season, massive pressure on him now. I still think he has it in him to win it though, not this season however. I like and rate him, fantastic manager. He needs another pot of money to spend on wingers and a CB maybe who can play the ball out. People talk about him not winning the league but look at what Man Utd and Chelsea spend. Even Arsenal have struggled the past few seasons. He will get it right eventually, but whether he gets the time remains to be seen. I don't think he will. They'll not find many better.

On their forums Rafa and the word sack keep cropping up all too frequently these days. Unless he delivers the Premiership or Champions League he'll be gone next season, massive pressure on him now. I still think he has it in him to win it though, not this season however. I like and rate him, fantastic manager. He needs another pot of money to spend on wingers and a CB maybe who can play the ball out. People talk about him not winning the league but look at what Man Utd and Chelsea spend. Even Arsenal have struggled the past few seasons. He will get it right eventually, but whether he gets the time remains to be seen. I don't think he will. They'll not find many better.

Ultimately he's tactically too conservative.

Guest Knightrider

I agree, he needs to open up a bit. Do that and he should have the right balance. To be fair he's attempted to do that at the start but reverted back to type and that's what's effecting their chances.

I agree, he needs to open up a bit. Do that and he should have the right balance. To be fair he's attempted to do that at the start but reverted back to type and that's what's effecting their chances.

Actually they're lacking a truly creative midfielder.