Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

£17fuckingmillion?!

Like we can talk.

Certainly not, doesn't change the fact that it's a ridiculously high figure for that player.

Disagree. I think he's tremendous. I'd be delighted if City usurped the deal as has been reported in some quarters.

He's spent a cartload already though hasn't he?

Get the feeling with him he wil always try and deflect criticism and responsability elsewhere...The board too slow..Gerrard knackered from England games etc...

I think it's scandalous, but never mind.

Agree 100%, yet another overhyped premiership plodder

Ya...he's never got over the operation he had last summer - When he had to have Kaka surgically removed from his back pocket. :smug:

He's spent a cartload already though hasn't he?

Get the feeling with him he wil always try and deflect criticism and responsability elsewhere...The board too slow..Gerrard knackered from England games etc...

He's certainly a bit precious. But I don't think all is well between him and the owners. They probably expected more from him this season and aren't willing to trust Benitez to write out cheques of that magnitude on the basis of what they've seen in the past few months.

I think it's scandalous, but never mind.

Agree 100%, yet another overhyped premiership plodder

Ya...he's never got over the operation he had last summer - When he had to have Kaka surgically removed from his back pocket. :smug:

Indeed, Kaka didn't get a sniff until Mascherano got subbed off.

17 million is a worthy price to pay for a top class holding midfielder who has shown he can hack it in the Premier League and has already settled at the club. He's only 23, there's a good chance you'd get 10 years service out of him.

Spend that much on a foreign import and you have the risk he won't adapt, spend it on an English player and the chances are he'll be overpriced and not as good. The way football prices are going, and given his age, I think it's a fair price.

If Hargreaves is worth 23M, then Mascherano is worth that much as well. Both are quality players. The difference is - Man Utd need Hargreaves more than Liverpool needs Mascherano. When you consider the number of quality central midfielders they have - Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas, Sissoko, it does seem abit silly to invest so much on a player that isn't that regular in the team.

But his quality alone warrants it.

If Hargreaves is worth 23M, then Mascherano is worth that much as well. Both are quality players. The difference is - Man Utd need Hargreaves more than Liverpool needs Mascherano. When you consider the number of quality central midfielders they have - Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas, Sissoko, it does seem abit silly to invest so much on a player that isn't that regular in the team.

But his quality alone warrants it.

That is pretty much how the top four operate now, ie., stopping anyone else like Manchester City having him

Guest optimistic nit

Not saying he's not a quality player btw, just seems a hell of a lot of money to me.

i'd say its even shading on the cheap side if other transfer fees are taken into account.

Guest FriendlyRed

Mascherano is the best defensive midfielder in the world.

That's what I said before he joined West Ham and since he join us at Liverpool his level has risen. He is the future of our midfield.

To even mention him in the same breath as Hargreaves is disrespectful but I'm going to do it. If he is worth 18m then Javi is worth 30m. 17m is a snip.

Players of his class and quality don't come along very often and to have as many caps for Argentina as he has shows his quality.

Mascherano is the best defensive midfielder in the world .

That's what I said before he joined West Ham and since he join us at Liverpool his level has risen. He is the future of our midfield.

To even mention him in the same breath as Hargreaves is disrespectful but I'm going to do it. If he is worth 18m then Javi is worth 30m. 17m is a snip.

Players of his class and quality don't come along very often and to have as many caps for Argentina as he has shows his quality.

This sort of overhyping of players in this country (albeit an Argentinian) is part of the reason for our failure to qualify for the European Championships.

Class from Liverpool today. If it wasn't for Torres finally showing his true self, we would have lost by 7+ goals.

don't talk fucking rubbish, they've been up against nothing