Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez has told friends he believes his Anfield reign will end in the summer.

The Spaniard feels he will pay the price for Liverpool’s continual failure to win their first league title since 1990.

Relations between Benitez and American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are strained, with Hicks in particular still smarting from criticism from his manager over a perceived lack of understanding about the transfer market.

Hicks fired back in an American magazine interview by saying he had been worried at the lack of self-belief in the Liverpool players in last month’s home defeat against Manchester United.

A summit meeting thrashed out some of the differences – but it’s an uneasy peace, with Benitez continually frustrated.

He fears losing midfielder Javier Mascherano because the Anfield owners want to wait until summer to finalise a £17million deal. And Benitez knows that Gillett and Hicks have been working on a short list of new managers.

As reported in Sunday Express Sport, the Americans have former Germany manager Jurgen Klinsmann, ex-Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and current Aston Villa manager Martin O’Neill in their sights.

But Benitez has been given the go-ahead to sign Slovakian centre-back Martin Skrtel from Zenit St Petersburg for £4m.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/30518/Rafa-My-time-s-up

Hope its true.

Would love him here, but i doubt he'd come.

Check this shit... :laugh:

''I believe Rafa is trying to find out (like us) what the hell is going on. The longer the silence from the club the more likely the end is nigh and I wouldnt be surprised if Rafa walks before the summer if no support is forthcoming.

It would be a disaster all the players loyal to Rafa and all the younf players scouted by him surely will be brought into question.

My worst fear is that we end up like Newcastle or Spurs sacking managers every couple of months because we dont win the league.''

That Liverpool board kills me man. mackems.gif

Hope its true.

Would love him here, but i doubt he'd come.

Check this shit... :laugh:

''I believe Rafa is trying to find out (like us) what the hell is going on. The longer the silence from the club the more likely the end is nigh and I wouldnt be surprised if Rafa walks before the summer if no support is forthcoming.

It would be a disaster all the players loyal to Rafa and all the younf players scouted by him surely will be brought into question.

My worst fear is that we end up like Newcastle or Spurs sacking managers every couple of months because we dont win the league.''

That Liverpool board kills me man. mackems.gif

Jesus they've a long way to fall to end up like us.

bluelaugh.gif

Guest Knightrider

Been reading Rawk and and apparently he's used Crouch on the wing in a forward 3, and Kewell as a centre-forward among many other bemusing switches.

The Spanish Big Sam? :D

Been reading Rawk and and apparently he's used Crouch on the wing in a forward 3, and Kewell as a centre-forward among many other bemusing switches.

Playing for the sack?

Guest Knightrider

Playing for the sack?

Nah, he's been doing it throughout his time there.

I may get laughed at for this but I actually think Benitez and Big Sam are similar. Benitez has a better understanding of tactics and his match preparation is second to none but in other respects, there isn't a great deal of difference between the two in my opinion.

Trophies aside of course :D

Not only are the results becoming harder to deliver and the recent squabble over cash for players...Scoucers yank cowboys could be in bigger trouble with the debt beginning to cause huge implications.

"Liverpool FC could change hands for the second time in a year as their American owners encounter difficulties in refinancing £350million of debt incurred in taking over and running the club.

Beset by the steeply rising costs of a new stadium and manager Rafa Benitez's demands for new players, Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr have been attempting to transfer the debt, for which they are personally liable, on to the club itself.   City sources believe this is an extremely difficult task to complete before the loan's due date at the end of February..."

Tricky business. blueyes.gif

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2240166,00.html

Not only are the results becoming harder to deliver and the recent squabble over cash for players...Scoucers yank cowboys could be in bigger trouble with the debt beginning to cause huge implications.

"Liverpool FC could change hands for the second time in a year as their American owners encounter difficulties in refinancing £350million of debt incurred in taking over and running the club.

Beset by the steeply rising costs of a new stadium and manager Rafa Benitez's demands for new players, Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr have been attempting to transfer the debt, for which they are personally liable, on to the club itself.   City sources believe this is an extremely difficult task to complete before the loan's due date at the end of February..."

There isn't another club in this country who I'd like to go out of business, but I'd LOVE IT if Liverpool just vanished (off the map would be nice too).

There isn't another club in this country who I'd like to go out of business, but I'd LOVE IT if Liverpool just vanished (off the map would be nice too).

Got another owner lined up already though according to that article.

Liverpool will never go bust, there would be a cue of people lining up to buy them in any state, bankrupt or not.

Got another owner lined up already though according to that article.

Liverpool will never go bust, there would be a cue of people lining up to buy them in any state, bankrupt or not.

I'm just happy to report all the muddling and squabbling. Recently it is been one of the few things to keep me chirpy.  bluerazz.gif

Have heard several Liverpool fans saying that they honestly believe Benitez is trying to get sacked.

They're trying to do too many things at the same time, the money simply isn't there for all of it.

Guest youcantseeme

Rafa won't resign because there is 6m waiting for him if he is sacked, even if he should resign after this bollocks. I think the Americans are trying to force him out of the club though.

Its a mess.

Rafa won't resign because there is 6m waiting for him if he is sacked, even if he should resign after this bollocks. I think the Americans are trying to force him out of the club though.

Its a mess.

but as said above, wont get anywhere near as much criticism from the press and other fans - if any at all

Guest sittingontheball

[He's not defensive, it's that until Torres, he hadn't bought an attacking player that has any business in a top 4 side.

We were a Top 4 side with one of them.  He didn't get much of a look in at Liverpool though, except with his golf clubs.

Now that Klinsmann is off to Bayern, who would be favourite for the Liverpool job if Benny jumps/is sacked.

I guess it would be Jose, not sure how popular he is with Liverpool fans though.

Barca?

Guest Man in Black

there will be a massive show of support from the fans for Rafa tonight. i hope to God the yanks in charge sell up and piss off, and let Rafa get on with the job