A manager who subs Michael Owen before Shola Ameobi

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Why Ameobi even started I don't know. He is so laid back and puts so little effort in it's rediculous. Then there's Smith who just acheives nothing on the pitch other than getting booked and cropping people. I seriously worry when we threatened a team like Derby as little as we did tonight.

Of more concern was bringing Faye on for Geremi when we were one nil down, WTF was that about?

Couldn't argue with that one tbf. Geremi was doing very little, and we were in desperate need for more width. Bringing Faye on to cover allowed Milner, Shola and Martins to go up in a wide trio. Not that it worked like, but the logic wasn't wrong.

Butt and Faye on the same pitch when you're one nil down is just stupid.

Aye you're probably right actually. Should have been Butt. Who, for me, put in the single worst individual performance of the season.

Dunno, like. Smith, Zog, and Ameobi weren't far behind.

Zog, aye he was shit, but he actually tried to create though. Smith and Ameobi, i'll give you.

I know, that's why he pissed me off! There's nowt more infuriating than a player getting a decent position and fucking it up. Again and again and again.

if creating is shooting from any angle 35+ yards from goal then N'Zogbia created shitloads

He could see there was no other way we were going to score.

I thought he was just trying to get rid of the ball before he fell over???

Said as Owen was coming off he only had 14 touches of the ball... that says something about how terrible we played the nite

I think the veil has fallen from SA's eyes as well. And there is no Anelka or Diouf to work some magic...either..

Guest Alan Shearer 9

AYe Parky,  kind of agree with you on N'Zoggy; at least he had a fucking go trying to get a bit of fucking magic going. We were fucking shite and I was very pissed/pissed off + I lost a bet on Derby to score first.

Owen was injured....

Independent reporting that he has a hernia/groin problem that he complained about at half time, with quotes from Sam.  When it looked to Sam that he was not completely fit in the 2d half, he subbed him:  http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/internationals/article2973603.ece

It's a ways down in the article after all the "woe is England's qualifying campaign" waffle.

Butt and Faye on the same pitch when you're one nil down is just stupid.

Take a look at the bench? Who do we have??? Fact is Emre is our only creative midfielder and he is out. Would you rather have Pattison play?

And it's bout f*ing time we got rid of Ameobi! What must we do to have Sammy see that hes utter and complete shite!

We've gotten rid of parasites like Bramble and Dyer so it's it bout time we gave Ameobi the boot? Sure, he has all the physical qualities that define a great centre half but it just not translating to results! We've given that dude enough chances and this must be the season he performs or he HAS TO GO!