The problem of Big Sam's 433

Zero

I've been watching every matches this season and after last night's disaster I finally realized why 433 simply couldn't work for us...

It is not a normal 433!

For teams like Chelsea or Barcelona, they are playing 3 central midfielders, 2 wingers and 1 striker,

but now what we are doing is the opposite: 3 central midfielders, 1 winger and 2 strikers!

Look at where Owen position himself during offense---just beside Ameobi, and there's no one in the right flank.

So everytime we can just use the left channel---and beg Milner to make a lucky cross. This is fucking silly, isn't it?

What's the point of using a 433 formation with only 1 winger?

I am not blaming Milner nor Owen, however, if Big Sam still wanna use his 433, then it's really better to pick Martins instead of Owen,

like Martins-Viduka-Milner, unless Owen finally agrees to play as right winger.

Actually things could be a lot better if we play Milner-Owen-Martins last night... the point is, Owen, either intentionally or unintentionally, aren't fulfilling his right winger role and that's the root of our dull attacking play.

Guest clarkyshan

if thats the case it might be viduka                                harper

beye cacapa rozenhal enrique

faye

smith  geremi

milner                      n'zogbia

viduka

if we insist on 433 thats what id play in future but not at home. maybe taylor in for one of the center halfs.

Er... we played 4-4-2 last night.

I'm glad someone said it. It was a lop-sided 4-4-2, like.

We played 442 with no width/ wide threat, Smith didn't keep a wide position & Milner only served to stop Zog getting forward. As a result Taylor went galloping down the right or we pumped the ball up to Ameobi who had a complete shocker.

Er... we played 4-4-2 last night.

I'm glad someone said it. It was a lop-sided 4-4-2, like.

We played 442 with no width/ wide threat, Smith didn't keep a wide position & Milner only served to stop Zog getting forward. As a result Taylor went galloping down the right or we pumped the ball up to Ameobi who had a complete shocker.

That's right. It was what I like to call 'a shit 4-4-2'.