Look out! little mickey's back just in time for England! Will he return fit?

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonchina

Is your English reading even worse than me?Owen wants to tell you,that Sam believes his injury was aggravated when he played for England,but he believes it had started to be aggravated at the club.Do you think when an injury is being aggravated,you could call it "fit"?

When Owen said... ,"I've been able to play 90 minutes for a long time, but obviously it's glued into people's heads that I'm still injured." I believe he was referring to being 'Match Fit' and thus beign able to complete 90 minutes based on fitness, not any potential niggles he may have been carrying - which may or may not have turned out be anything more than a niggle and thus went away.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be the hernia, and needed surgery.

He still only missed two matches due to it though! (Arsenal & Man Cty away)

At that time it was before an England game,he wanted to hit back those who thought he couldn't finish a game for England.

At that time,he didn't mention the pain;but now,he mentions that.Why?He wants to fool people into believing England are not at fault for his injury.

Is your English reading even worse than me?Owen wants to tell you,that Sam believes his injury was aggravated when he played for England,but he believes it had started to be aggravated at the club.Do you think when an injury is being aggravated,you could call it "fit"?

When Owen said... ,"I've been able to play 90 minutes for a long time, but obviously it's glued into people's heads that I'm still injured." I believe he was referring to being 'Match Fit' and thus beign able to complete 90 minutes based on fitness, not any potential niggles he may have been carrying - which may or may not have turned out be anything more than a niggle and thus went away.

At that time it was before an England game,he wanted to hit back those who thought he couldn't finish a game for England.

At that time,he didn't mention the pain;but now,he mentions that.Why?He wants to fool people into believing England are not at fault for his injury.

Complete twaddle, you really don't have a clue, you are talking out of your backside, and you are making it all up as you go along.

Guest toonchina

So, when Shearer had a number of long spells on the sidelines,he wasn't playing for his country either.But so many times for Owen,he was fit for his country but unavailable for his club in 2005.

Do you actually think not playing for Newcastle benefits Owen's England career and as such, he's deliberately not playing for us?

He didn't want to take any risk for Newcastle.But he would like to take a risk for England.That's the difference.

Did he, or did he not play against Derby and West Ham despite carrying this injury?

That alone makes all your comments about the timing of pain, and only taking risks for England irrelevant. There is a difference between being in pain and being unfit to play.

I was trying to tell you what Owen wants say in his latest comment.But you cited my post about what happened in 2005.

Like I said, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Guest johnson293

No it wasn't - it was after the Wigan match - where he played his first full 90 minutes, having been brought on as sub against Villa and Boro, then taken off after 80-odd minutes against Barnsley.

He was basically saying that he wasn't surprised at finishing the match, as he's been fit enough to complete 90 minutes for a while - More a suggestion that he could have started against Villa and/or Boro, and finished the game against Barnsley!

The groin didn't start becoming a problem until against Derby and West Ham, when Allardyce took him off in each game as a precaution.

While he may have played through England games carrying it, he also tried to play on for us through at least two games.

Guest toonchina

Complete twaddle, you really don't have a clue, you are talking out of your backside, and you are making it all up as you go along.

You are so light in the head,pathetic guy.

Guest toonchina

No it wasn't - it was after the Wigan match - where he played his first full 90 minutes, having been brought on as sub against Villa and Boro, then taken off after 80-odd minutes against Barnsley.

He was basically saying that he wasn't surprised at finishing the match, as he's been fit enough to complete 90 minutes for a while - More a suggestion that he could have started against Villa and/or Boro, and finished the game against Barnsley!

The groin didn't start becoming a problem until against Derby and West Ham, when Allardyce took him off in each game as a precaution.

While he may have played through England games carrying it, he also tried to play on for us through at least two games.

True.It was after the Wigan game,but also before he went to England.

What I want to say has already been diverted.I was trying to tell you Owen's words are not trustable.He now wants to tell people his injury started to get aggravated before he played for England last month.But at that time,he was telling us he was absolutely fit.

Can anyone remember the thread posted in the last 2 months where one of the papers printed an old interview with Allardyce where he said Owen wouldn't be in his starting 11 if he were England manager?

I've had a look and can't find it.

Derby and West Ham were after England you numpty.

Like I said, complete twaddle, you really don't have a clue, you are talking out of your backside, and you are making it all up as you go along.

Guest toonchina

Like I said, complete twaddle, you really don't have a clue, you are talking out of your backside, and you are making it all up as you go along.

You pathetic guy is too light in the head,and your reading comprehension must be so poor.It's completely irrelevant about the Derby and West Ham games.I'm giving you Owen's two versions about his fitness at the beginning of September.Fully fit?Or an injury being aggravated?He said both.

You pathetic guy is too light in the head,and your reading comprehension must be so poor.It's completely irrelevant about the Derby and West Ham games.I'm giving you Owen's two versions about his fitness at the beginning of September.Fully fit?Or an injury being aggravated?He said both.

His head may be light but its the size of a beach ball.

a) Owen never said anything about an injury being aggravated.

b) A player can be fit to play and still carry an injury.

c) You say the Derby and West Ham games are irrelevant. Not so. It was just as much a risk playing in those games as it was to play in the earlier England games.

Guest Micktoon

Here's a mad idea, why don't we get behind Owen for once. You know make him welcome. Personally I think he'll be fit for the vast majority of the season.

Now if we were to give Owen half the support that we give a far inferior player such as Martins, maybe one the worlds greatest goalscorers might consider staying.

Mind if he leaves we can always go out and buy another great goalscorer who everyone can then say is only hear for the money, only wants to play for his country, deliberatly tore his cruciate so he could have a year off. I mean after all why on earth would any top class players ever sign for us, you know that cloth cap whippet racing club in a town of perpetual winter!!!! FFS

Get behind Owen for once ?

You mean like the 15,000 - 20,000 fans who turned up to cheer him when he first signed ?

Or the trmendous reception he got at SJP on his return from injury ?

Or the £120,000 a week the club play him ?

How fucking welcome does he want to be made ffs.

Its up to him to repay the faith the fans and club have shown in him.

Something he has failed to demonstrate so far and thats why fans are turning against him.

How exactly would you like him to demonstrate it? Maybe by playing for us when fit and scoring goals, would you reckon that would be a good demonstration. Yes he's English and likes to play for England, I simply can't understand that logic fancy wanting to represent your country at the sport you love.

Guest toonchina

c) You say the Derby and West Ham games are irrelevant. Not so. It was just as much a risk playing in those games as it was to play in the earlier England games.

a) Please read Owen's words 5 times and rack your brains to try to understand what he means."I know the manager here said I did it in the last international matches but I was playing in pain even before them."

b) Yeah,Marcellino should have played carrying his finger injury.But as for Owen,he played,then the injury got aggravated.Big Sam said he did it at England.But Owen said it started at Newcastle.Ok?

c) He did take risks in Derby and West Ham games.But it's completely irrelevant with what I am telling you which is about his two versions about his fitness.

a) Please read Owen's words 5 times and rack your brains to try to understand what he means."I know the manager here said I did it in the last international matches but I was playing in pain even before them."

b) Yeah,Marcellino should have played carrying his finger injury.But as for Owen,he played,then the injury got aggravated.Big Sam said he did it at England.But Owen said it started at Newcastle.Ok?

c) He did take risks in Derby and West Ham games.But it's completely irrelevant with what I am telling you which is about his two versions about his fitness.

a) Of course injuries get worse over time, but the fact he came through two international games unscathed and playing well suggests he didn't aggravate the injury. He may have come back and reported increased pain but that was natural. The injury was aggravated at Derby after he had a fall, and was further aggravated after another fall at West Ham. That was the first time it was clear he was unlikely to get through 90 mins without treatment, so we checked him in.

b) Of course, both Allardyce and Owen could have lied about the pain to the public. They have no incentive to tell the truth when all it is going to do is cause press panic. You don't know the full facts, so dont make unfounded accusations.

c) They are completely relevant, as it was clear to anyone that saw it that he aggravated the injury in two falls during both of those games. If the injury was aggravated during England, he would have been having the surgery the moment he got back so that he a decent recuperation before the next se of England matches.

Thats the last I try to argue with you though, as from what I have seen, your reading and writing standards are clearly below my light headed comprehension skills so I dont expect you to understand.

Guest Ridzuan

Coming back to the question,yes I think he will be back fit.Ive got a feeling that he may start the Estonia match from the bench,but will start against Russia.I may be wrong,but I think that will be the case.And about this reported rift he is having with Big Sam,I dont know whether its true or not but Owen will have my support.

Guest Ridzuan

Sam has denied rift on official site...

Yeah I know that,but of course he will say there is no rift.He might be hiding the truth.Big Sam doesnt want him to play for England,Owen of course has said he only listen to the surgeon so anything can happen right now.

Coming back to the question,yes I think he will be back fit.Ive got a feeling that he may start the Estonia match from the bench,but will start against Russia.I may be wrong,but I think that will be the case.And about this reported rift he is having with Big Sam,I dont know whether its true or not but Owen will have my support.

Was in the bibbed team in training today - usually the starting 11

Fwiw so was Barry, Lampard wasn't

This report comes direct from f365 if anyone's interested

Thought not

Was in the bibbed team in training today - usually the starting 11

Fwiw so was Barry, Lampard wasn't

This report comes direct from f365 if anyone's interested

Thought not

Newcastle have been doing the same under Allardyce.

Off topic, but how the fuck does Ameobi have a 6 in your sig, James??

He had a good goalscoring run while he was in the team, and has remained proffessional and hard working under adverse conditions. Continuation of this seasons bad form, will lead to a massive drop though.