Look out! little mickey's back just in time for England! Will he return fit?

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonchina

Is your English reading even worse than me?Owen wants to tell you,that Sam believes his injury was aggravated when he played for England,but he believes it had started to be aggravated at the club.Do you think when an injury is being aggravated,you could call it "fit"?

When Owen said... ,"I've been able to play 90 minutes for a long time, but obviously it's glued into people's heads that I'm still injured." I believe he was referring to being 'Match Fit' and thus beign able to complete 90 minutes based on fitness, not any potential niggles he may have been carrying - which may or may not have turned out be anything more than a niggle and thus went away.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be the hernia, and needed surgery.

He still only missed two matches due to it though! (Arsenal & Man Cty away)

At that time it was before an England game,he wanted to hit back those who thought he couldn't finish a game for England.

At that time,he didn't mention the pain;but now,he mentions that.Why?He wants to fool people into believing England are not at fault for his injury.

No it wasn't - it was after the Wigan match - where he played his first full 90 minutes, having been brought on as sub against Villa and Boro, then taken off after 80-odd minutes against Barnsley.

He was basically saying that he wasn't surprised at finishing the match, as he's been fit enough to complete 90 minutes for a while - More a suggestion that he could have started against Villa and/or Boro, and finished the game against Barnsley!

The groin didn't start becoming a problem until against Derby and West Ham, when Allardyce took him off in each game as a precaution.

While he may have played through England games carrying it, he also tried to play on for us through at least two games.

True.It was after the Wigan game,but also before he went to England.

Derby and West Ham were after England you numpty.

Like I said, complete twaddle, you really don't have a clue, you are talking out of your backside, and you are making it all up as you go along.

You pathetic guy is too light in the head,and your reading comprehension must be so poor.It's completely irrelevant about the Derby and West Ham games.I'm giving you Owen's two versions about his fitness at the beginning of September.Fully fit?Or an injury being aggravated?He said both.

a) Owen never said anything about an injury being aggravated.

b) A player can be fit to play and still carry an injury.

c) You say the Derby and West Ham games are irrelevant. Not so. It was just as much a risk playing in those games as it was to play in the earlier England games.

a) Please read Owen's words 5 times and rack your brains to try to understand what he means."I know the manager here said I did it in the last international matches but I was playing in pain even before them."

b) Yeah,Marcellino should have played carrying his finger injury.But as for Owen,he played,then the injury got aggravated.Big Sam said he did it at England.But Owen said it started at Newcastle.Ok?

c) He did take risks in Derby and West Ham games.But it's completely irrelevant with what I am telling you which is about his two versions about his fitness.

a) Of course injuries get worse over time, but the fact he came through two international games unscathed and playing well suggests he didn't aggravate the injury. He may have come back and reported increased pain but that was natural. The injury was aggravated at Derby after he had a fall, and was further aggravated after another fall at West Ham. That was the first time it was clear he was unlikely to get through 90 mins without treatment, so we checked him in.

b) Of course, both Allardyce and Owen could have lied about the pain to the public. They have no incentive to tell the truth when all it is going to do is cause press panic. You don't know the full facts, so dont make unfounded accusations.

c) They are completely relevant, as it was clear to anyone that saw it that he aggravated the injury in two falls during both of those games. If the injury was aggravated during England, he would have been having the surgery the moment he got back so that he a decent recuperation before the next se of England matches.

Thats the last I try to argue with you though, as from what I have seen, your reading and writing standards are clearly below my light headed comprehension skills so I dont expect you to understand.

I was talking about what Owen said to let you know what he said is untrustable.But all you did is try to mislead and divert the topic and talk about loads of irrelevant things.I find it a shame to have argued with someone who seems to be a dyslexic.

Is your English reading even worse than me?Owen wants to tell you,that Sam believes his injury was aggravated when he played for England,but he believes it had started to be aggravated at the club.Do you think when an injury is being aggravated,you could call it "fit"?

When Owen said... ,"I've been able to play 90 minutes for a long time, but obviously it's glued into people's heads that I'm still injured." I believe he was referring to being 'Match Fit' and thus beign able to complete 90 minutes based on fitness, not any potential niggles he may have been carrying - which may or may not have turned out be anything more than a niggle and thus went away.

At that time it was before an England game,he wanted to hit back those who thought he couldn't finish a game for England.

At that time,he didn't mention the pain;but now,he mentions that.Why?He wants to fool people into believing England are not at fault for his injury.

No it wasn't - it was after the Wigan match - where he played his first full 90 minutes, having been brought on as sub against Villa and Boro, then taken off after 80-odd minutes against Barnsley.

He was basically saying that he wasn't surprised at finishing the match, as he's been fit enough to complete 90 minutes for a while - More a suggestion that he could have started against Villa and/or Boro, and finished the game against Barnsley!

The groin didn't start becoming a problem until against Derby and West Ham, when Allardyce took him off in each game as a precaution.

While he may have played through England games carrying it, he also tried to play on for us through at least two games.

Like I said, complete twaddle, you really don't have a clue, you are talking out of your backside, and you are making it all up as you go along.

You pathetic guy is too light in the head,and your reading comprehension must be so poor.It's completely irrelevant about the Derby and West Ham games.I'm giving you Owen's two versions about his fitness at the beginning of September.Fully fit?Or an injury being aggravated?He said both.

c) You say the Derby and West Ham games are irrelevant. Not so. It was just as much a risk playing in those games as it was to play in the earlier England games.

a) Please read Owen's words 5 times and rack your brains to try to understand what he means."I know the manager here said I did it in the last international matches but I was playing in pain even before them."

b) Yeah,Marcellino should have played carrying his finger injury.But as for Owen,he played,then the injury got aggravated.Big Sam said he did it at England.But Owen said it started at Newcastle.Ok?

c) He did take risks in Derby and West Ham games.But it's completely irrelevant with what I am telling you which is about his two versions about his fitness.

a) Of course injuries get worse over time, but the fact he came through two international games unscathed and playing well suggests he didn't aggravate the injury. He may have come back and reported increased pain but that was natural. The injury was aggravated at Derby after he had a fall, and was further aggravated after another fall at West Ham. That was the first time it was clear he was unlikely to get through 90 mins without treatment, so we checked him in.

b) Of course, both Allardyce and Owen could have lied about the pain to the public. They have no incentive to tell the truth when all it is going to do is cause press panic. You don't know the full facts, so dont make unfounded accusations.

c) They are completely relevant, as it was clear to anyone that saw it that he aggravated the injury in two falls during both of those games. If the injury was aggravated during England, he would have been having the surgery the moment he got back so that he a decent recuperation before the next se of England matches.

Thats the last I try to argue with you though, as from what I have seen, your reading and writing standards are clearly below my light headed comprehension skills so I dont expect you to understand.

I was talking about what Owen said to let you know what he said is untrustable.But all you did is try to mislead and divert the topic and talk about loads of irrelevant things.I find it a shame to have argued with someone who seems to be a dyslexic.

Before you go around calling people dyslexic, may I point out that the word 'untrustable' doesn't exist.

Guest toonchina

Before you go around calling people dyslexic, may I point out that the word 'untrustable' doesn't exist.

But it seems everyone understands what it means.Geordies say "wor Jackie" and "howay the lads".The words "wor" and "howay" don't exist,but people in Newcastle created them and of course understand them.right?

Anyway, as a British,to show off your English in front of someone whose mother tongue is not English,you seems to feel quite proud,eh?

Guest BigSamsBarmyArmy

a) Why take the risk when we have Oba?

b) I don't believe much that comes out in the media about football.

c) See point a

But it seems everyone understands what it means.Geordies say "wor Jackie" and "howay the lads".The words "wor" and "howay" don't exist,but people in Newcastle created them and of course understand them.right?

Anyway, as a British,to show off your English in front of someone whose mother tongue is not English,you seems to feel quite proud,eh?

The fact that English speakers have failed to refute the points I've made would suggest that they agree to some extent with my understanding.

You are taking things too literally, and you are not getting the bigger picture.

If you go around throwing stones, you are going to get some thrown back, especially as you seem to live in a glass house.

Guest scousertommy

Alright lads. As a serial lurker on your messageboard I've noticed more and more posts slagging MO off recently, and to be honest, I think the people having a go are completely out of order.

I am a Lfc fan and was gutted when he couldn't come back to us the other year, even more so when it became clear that as long as Rafa's in charge then Owen will never come back - but if I could add my two pence worth on the "England" debate I wouls say this:

Owen used to have the same thing thrown at him when he was with us, it was used as a stick to beat him with regularly (esp. when he took the place of our hero Fowler). What some people couldn't/didn't want to get their heads around was that the Southern based media weren't interested in our team(which at the time of Owen's emergence wasn't very good) and would rather ask Michael about englands chances in upcoming internationals than the last Houllier inspired bore-athon.You could watch an Owen interview on SKY and see him answer 10 questions, only two or three of which would be about LFC and the rest about England - open the papers the next day and the bits where he talked about goings on at Anfield would be nowhere to be seen - cue many,many phone calls to local radio stations " He doesn't care about us, only cares for England, get rid,etc,etc" - Owen himself has admitted in interviews how much it used to hurt him when he heard these comments.

The reason I'm bothering to post is to say this - many of the posters on here (and other forums) are saying much the same thing, get rid we'll replace him with Martins or A.N other, many Liverpool fans said the same when he left us - after  spending £50m+ on Cisse,Baros,Crouch,Morientes,Pongolle and Bellamy we've had to spend a further £26m on Torres to have a striker that comes close to Owens ability.

The point is you won't know what you got until he leaves, I've seen posts on sites wherby toon fans are saying that they booed him - believe me lads, you'll regret it if you allow him to be driven out of your club - Do people REALLY believe that he's happy that he's hardly played in the last two years?

The reason I'm bothering to post is to say this - many of the posters on here (and other forums) are saying much the same thing, get rid we'll replace him with Martins or A.N other, many Liverpool fans said the same when he left us - after  spending £50m+ on Cisse,Baros,Crouch,Morientes,Pongolle and Bellamy we've had to spend a further £26m on Torres to have a striker that comes close to Owens ability.

The point is you won't know what you got until he leaves, I've seen posts on sites wherby toon fans are saying that they booed him - believe me lads, you'll regret it if you allow him to be driven out of your club - Do people REALLY believe that he's happy that he's hardly played in the last two years?

:thup:

Youve won the CL and got to another CL final since his departure, along with taking a step forward domestically in terms of going from scraping into the top 4 to potential title challengers and concrete top 4.

There are enough good forwards out there to replace Owen adequately, a handful of whom are better than him. As your improved success since his departure proves, these players dont have to be better than him - if they can stay fit for much of the season, thats already a big bonus compared to retaining Owen, who despite his class may not have the body to cope with Premiership football on a weekly basis. Or, if they have attributes that the team can work with, attributes that fit in with the team's system and shape, then again thats an improvement, since Owen can often go missing for large chunks of a game even when fully fit, as thats his style of play so to speak.

Owen is a good footballer and a top goalscorer when fully fit and itd be great for the club if we could keep him with us and he were to stay fit, but ultimately we're bigger than him and im confident we can replace him if we truly want to - which would only be the case if he were sold. We've replaced better than him in the past with respect to form for the club itself - 40+ goal Andy Cole, 30+ Sir Les, Shearer (who was meant to have been replaced by Owen) - so I dont see us regretting replacing a forward who has hardly played for us over the past 2.25 years, a forward who as far as we know and many of us suspect, rushes back early and puts his body on the line for his country to the continued cost of his club.

Alright lads. As a serial lurker on your messageboard I've noticed more and more posts slagging MO off recently, and to be honest, I think the people having a go are completely out of order.

I am a Lfc fan and was gutted when he couldn't come back to us the other year, even more so when it became clear that as long as Rafa's in charge then Owen will never come back - but if I could add my two pence worth on the "England" debate I wouls say this:

Owen used to have the same thing thrown at him when he was with us, it was used as a stick to beat him with regularly (esp. when he took the place of our hero Fowler). What some people couldn't/didn't want to get their heads around was that the Southern based media weren't interested in our team(which at the time of Owen's emergence wasn't very good) and would rather ask Michael about englands chances in upcoming internationals than the last Houllier inspired bore-athon.You could watch an Owen interview on SKY and see him answer 10 questions, only two or three of which would be about LFC and the rest about England - open the papers the next day and the bits where he talked about goings on at Anfield would be nowhere to be seen - cue many,many phone calls to local radio stations " He doesn't care about us, only cares for England, get rid,etc,etc" - Owen himself has admitted in interviews how much it used to hurt him when he heard these comments.

Top post

Owen has said a few times that he wants to be here etc etc but that aint good enough for some people, Im worried that he will be forced out of the club. Im not sure who the booing was at but it was a small minority and hopefully Owen knows 90% of Newcastle fans are behind him 100%.

Owen interview just on TalkSport. Doesn't sound happy at all. Don't have exact quotes but said to effect: 'I came back from surgery ASAP to play for the club. I thought people'd be happy, but it seems that some aren't.'

He then mentioned TV cameras were at the surgery and recorded the surgeon saying that he's fit and fine and OK to play as if to say 'Look at this evidence' (to who?). Reckons that Liverpool fans and Newcastle fans see him as 'England's Michael Owen' and that some in the media and 'some fans' have said that he only gets fit for England.

Doesn't sound happy at all. I'm pretty convinced now he construed the booing at the weekend as being for him, so he's obviously got the impression from somewhere that Newcastle fans are against him in numbers.

Owen interview just on TalkSport. Doesn't sound happy at all. Don't have exact quotes but said to effect: 'I came back from surgery ASAP to play for the club. I thought people'd be happy, but it seems that some aren't.'

He then mentioned TV cameras were at the surgery and recorded the surgeon saying that he's fit and fine and OK to play as if to say 'Look at this evidence' (to who?). Reckons that Liverpool fans and Newcastle fans see him as 'England's Michael Owen' and that some in the media and 'some fans' have said that he only gets fit for England.

Doesn't sound happy at all. I'm pretty convinced now he construed the booing at the weekend as being for him, so he's obviously got the impression from somewhere that Newcastle fans are against him in numbers.

This is concerning because if Sam ever agrees then off he'll go, just like Parker. Owen will leave at a cut rate price as well.

Guest Sniffer

Let's face it. When Owen is fit he is far too good a player to be wasting his time at the Toon anyway. In 15 minutes on Sunday he still showed so much more ability than Martins, at 29, will ever have

Guest Gemmill

Brilliant.  So some of the fucking thick shits that follow this club have got their message across and the lad will probably end up leaving.  Can't wait.  All because NUFC fans are too precious to accept a bloke wanting to play for his country.

Re the booing - he did the cupping his ear thing when he scored didn't he?  Nice to feel you have to do that to your own fans.

Brilliant.  So some of the fucking thick shits that follow this club have got their message across and the lad will probably end up leaving.  Can't wait.  All because NUFC fans are too precious to accept a bloke wanting to play for his country.

Re the booing - he did the cupping his ear thing when he scored didn't he?  Nice to feel you have to do that to your own fans.

Agreed. Makes me feel angry towards the brainless 10% at St. James' Park.

Aye, some of our fans are absolute moranic. I've not bothered to traul through this thread but I can imagine a fair few spastics will be slagging off Owen.

Its just pure coincidence that he's been fit when an England game comes up. Its not as if he gets injured on purpose because he can't be arsed playing in the Premiership, is it?

Adrian Durham in his typical wind-up fashion was saying that Newcastle fans don't deserve a world class player at the club. Nice to tar us all with the same brush, eh?

Heard that Owen interview.  He did sound pissed off,  and you can't blame him.  He's said and done absolutely nothing wrong,  and because of a few vocal minority,  chances are now we'll see our best player leave.  Brilliant,  just brilliant.

Reckon the sensible fans should try and cheer as loud as possible when his names read out for the Spurs game.  Try and send a message that not all of us feel the same.

I've got a feeling he'll get a good reception the night of the Spurs game....if he's playing that is.  :razz:

Yeah,  he'll go and do a hamstring in the Russia game.  That'd top it all off to be honest.  :lol:

I dont really understand why McLaren is risking our best players though for Estonia, the second XI in the squad (if you know what i mean) should be more than capable of dispatching them. Save the likes of Owen, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc for Russia. Its sod law that one of our big guns will pick up a knock meaning they will miss the second game.

I dont really understand why McLaren is risking our best players though for Estonia, the second XI in the squad (if you know what i mean) should be more than capable of dispatching them. Save the likes of Owen, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc for Russia. Its sod law that one of our big guns will pick up a knock meaning they will miss the second game.

I read somewhere he was going to leave out Terry against Estonia becuase he's on a booking and would miss the Russia game.