Look out! little mickey's back just in time for England! Will he return fit?

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's just joined in training today barely a week after surgery. If Barton's not fit to join the squad after playing a reserve game and having a much longer recovery period, I don't see how a perennial crock like Owen can suddenly be declared fit for consideration in two days time.

because Owen hasn't really lost his cardio fitness due to the injury, while barton hasn't had any competitive football this season.

No one's really concerned about Owen's cardio-fitness though are they? He's never gone down in a heap due to being short of breath as far as I recall. At this stage for Newcastle, Owen should possibly be considered for a position on the bench. For the reserves in our next reserve team fixture.

Guest JamesD

no, but it means that he can actually play at the pace needed, but i agree with you that he should at best get a spot on the bench for everton.

Guest JamesD

I said he should be considered  for a spot on the bench for the reserves in our next reserve team fixture

haha, my bad.  But i don't see the point in putting him in the reserves as it leaves him just as open to the groin injuries he's been dealing with.

Depends on the severity of the injury. If he'd just got over a bad blister you wouldn't have any qualms about putting him on the bench for Everton.

Absolutely correct, if he was getting over a bad blister I'd start him never mind put him on the bench. But he's just come back from surgery, after constantly breaking down so how can it be to our benefit to accomondate Mikey's rush to prove his fitness for England?

is it me or did michael owen have a dig or two at us yeasterday? I'm refering about the goal celebration when he briefly put his hand to his ear and then on the MOTD interview where he said something along the lines "it's not as if I've been forcing my way back for England only".  Not sure if somebody here mentioned it before.

I've defended Owen and I still have faith and believe in him that he will score plenty of goals for us. but if he's having a go at us for rightly showing our frustration....then he can bugger right off to the city of culture. :rolleyes:

is it me or did michael owen have a dig or two at us yeasterday? I'm refering about the goal celebration when he briefly put his hand to his ear and then on the MOTD interview where he said something along the lines "it's not as if I've been forcing my way back for England only".  Not sure if somebody here mentioned it before.

I've defended Owen and I still have faith and believe in him that he will score plenty of goals for us. but if he's having a go at us for rightly showing our frustration....then he can bugger right off to the city of culture. :rolleyes:

Tbf Owen has taken a lot of stick over the past few months, He does get a lot of shit for no reason. Tbh i liked his celebration, You can tell Owen is pissed off because over the years he has been the blue eyed boy of the English team and never really out spoken but lately he has been quite snappy in interviews.

He can be as pissed off as he wants for £100k a week, we give our honest opinions on him when we feel like it, it's our prerogative as supporters.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and I hope he stays fit from now, I'm glad he's here - except I hope he doesn't keep Martins out of the team, a fit and confident Martins will be better for us in the long run! (Imagine how good Martins would be for Arsenal, we're wasting him imo).

Anyway I voted 6-8 weeks, but I think it should go by the number of games, I think he will be injured again within 5 games. :p

He can be as pissed off as he wants for £100k a week, we give our honest opinions on him when we feel like it, it's our prerogative as supporters.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and I hope he stays fit from now, I'm glad he's here - except I hope he doesn't keep Martins out of the team, a fit and confident Martins will be better for us in the long run! (Imagine how good Martins would be for Arsenal, we're wasting him imo).

Anyway I voted 6-8 weeks, but I think it should go by the number of games, I think he will be injured again within 5 games. :p

FFS why do people always bring players wages into it? What just because Owen is earning a lot of money that means he can never be pissed off? His money has nothing to do with it.

I like Martins but some people are prasing him a little to much, IMHO Owen would be a lot better for Arsenal because every part of his game expect pace and power is better than Martins. Martins can miss and open net and people say "its not his fault, He's lacking confidence" but if Owen misses the open goal people would say "Fucking wanker, If he was playing for England etc etc". Its fucking silly

is booing the substitution and chanting obas name the secand he leaves the pitch a tad more than fans frustration.

check out some of the posts on here to see what some nufc fans think of him.

is booing the substitution and chanting obas name the secand he leaves the pitch a tad more than fans frustration.

Tbf Martins is being treat like shit in all of this

FFS why do people always bring players wages into it? What just because Owen is earning a lot of money that means he can never be pissed off? His money has nothing to do with it.

I like Martins but some people are prasing him a little to much, IMHO Owen would be a lot better for Arsenal because every part of his game expect pace and power is better than Martins. Martins can miss and open net and people say "its not his fault, He's lacking confidence" but if Owen misses the open goal people would say "f****** w******, If he was playing for England etc etc". Its f****** silly

I bring his wages into it because it's a perfectly valid point. I didn't say he couldn't be pissed off, I just said we pay him enough to be able to cope with the criticism.

I'm willing to bet that Wenger would take Martins over Owen (if each were free), simply because Martins is young and gifted; Owen has a history injurys. Yes, if Owen misses he will get the same criticism as we have been giving Martins for missing.

How is anything I have said silly?

Tbf Martins is being treat like s*** in all of this

i don't think so. the manager plays what he considers to be his best team.

i'm sure the booing was more about Oba going off rather than Owen coming on.

sadly,the undercurrent inside SJP amongst the fans is anti-owen and pro-oba.

Not what I heard tbh.

Not what I heard tbh.

how did you hear it ?

Owen does have the air of a footballing mercenary. Maybe its our own insecurity at having a real top class name here and not feeling big enough for him? Always got those rumours about him leaving?  England etc

From the Leazes?

it was all over and even when previously owen comes on as sub the chant goes up "oba obafem oba obafem"regardless of wether martins goes off or not.

it's like "he's our favourite and we don't like you"

Owen does have the air of a footballing mercenary. Maybe its our own insecurity at having a real top class name here and not feeling big enough for him? Always got those rumours about him leaving?  England etc

they are nearly all footballing mercenaries.

From the Leazes?

it was all over and even when previously owen comes on as sub the chant goes up "oba obafem oba obafem"regardless of wether martins goes off or not.

From where I was Owen got a large cheer. :dontknow:

From the Leazes?

From where I was Owen got a large cheer. :dontknow:

from those that didn't boo the decision to take oba off....theres a scism i tells ya