Islamic footballers

Beren

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Doubt it.

Bet there wives are still wearing there head piece s*** things though.

Racist cunt.

Beye is probably muslim, Faye too, Emre without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if Oba, N'Zogbia, Ameobi or Geremi were muslims so it is the sort of thing that could affect us.

When you're at work all day watching people eat three times I reckon it's pretty hard. They can't drink either, including water.

I just don't know what it is; but i find it hard to have that much respect for someone who goes to those sort of lengths, for no proven gain. Of course, their loyalty and devoted mentality is admirable but that just isn't nature. Homosapiens recquire water. I don't know the half of it from a religious point of view, but in literal terms, that's a human being refusing to drink. Madness.

When you're at work all day watching people eat three times I reckon it's pretty hard. They can't drink either, including water.

Who the hell eats their breakfast, dinner and tea at work in a single day?

I scoff a bowl of porridge at home at about 6am each day. I have a salad at about midday at work and have my tea at home in the evening. Nobody at work sees me eat 3 times.

Where I work, we have a break for food at 9.30am, then lunch at 12pm+, then possibly something else in the afternoon. Obviously not everyone does this, but I know I couldn't handle it.

Im a muslim  and yes it is the fasting month.Whether the players are fasting are not,I dont know but they should regardless of matchday or whatsoever.Im not saying they should force themselves and play when they are with an empty stomach but I think they should ask their managers to play for some part of the match only.Maybe Van Persie didnt play in the match against Derby yesterday because he is fasting.Im not saying he will not play in anymore of Arsenal matches during the fasting month,but maybe he was given a little break by Wenger.

I just don't know what it is; but i find it hard to have that much respect for someone who goes to those sort of lengths, for no proven gain. Of course, their loyalty and devoted mentality is admirable but that just isn't nature. Homosapiens recquire water. I don't know the half of it from a religious point of view, but in literal terms, that's a human being refusing to drink. Madness.

Muslims fast for several reasons - they believe it to be a tradition that previous prophets have followed (Moses, Jesus, etc), combined with the month as a whole being a strong focus on attempting to gain religious piety through self control, prayer, charity, etc, things theyre supposed to be doing throughout the year anyway but which are essentially heavily stressed during what is percieved to be a holy month. Theres also the "dont know what you have until its gone" mentality pitched in, i.e. living without comfort to appreciate it, not lose touch of what the extremely poor may have to go through on a daily basis, which is why a (very, very) small number of muslims will leave their homes for a month and sleep inside the mosque, focusing entirely on their religion.

Theres no starvation involved, anyone with a bit of sense will be drinking enough water during the period that theyre not fasting, and for anyone who does have a problem with it, i.e. if its affecting their health or work or theyre just feeling sick, then theyre supposed to break the fast anyway and make up for it later on when theyre able to do so, so its not anything extreme.

Think I remember Mido saying in an interview he sometimes gets shit from folk back home for not setting a very good example and jumping through all the daft hoops you have to go through to be a devout anything.  Got the impression he wasn't too arsed about it and just went through the motions.

Maybe someone could try and convert Viduka?  Can't do him any harm.

lived in saudi arabia for a while (not there anymore) and, yeah tmonkey's spot on.. besides its not that extreme; they absolutely gorge themselves at 4am (before sunrise) so that they can comfortably go through the day- the harder part is to keep pure a few friends fall in to the trap of swearing.

Then at sundown.. a real feast> actually its a pretty amazing experience, i've tried fasting many a time and the food just tastes better. its a shame to see some people on this thread slating a religion, that clearly already gets enough stick.

not a muslim btw

A stunning amount of ignorance shown in this thread by people who know less than f*** all about muslims and ramadan.

HINT -if you don't have a clue what you are on about, don't make it obvious to everybody by your moronic statements

The same people are quick to judge and attack other religions.

Like the old saying goes - if you cant take it, dont dish it out - and these people are the most intolerant of all.

Religous bigotry always presents itself as "devout"

its a shame to see some people on this thread slating a religion, that clearly already gets enough stick.

not a muslim btw

I think they've done more than enough in the last few years - not just the bigotry, the women looking like walking sheets with eye slits, not just the "Behead all who insult islam" marches through London (this was the last straw with these people for me) and not just the terrorism (1 in 7 agreed with 7/7 for God's sake !!!), but the intolerance of other religions while screaming about intolerance towards themselves that just says instead of attacking everyone else, and BLAMING everyone else for YOUR bigotry and intolerance, take a deep look at yourselves.

Of course they arent all like that. But a hefty minority ARE.

Love all these generalisations

You've just done it yourself - but the mirror image.

eh? Besides the last bit of your post all you've done is generalise.. Your perception of islam is flawed, the majority of muslims are vehemently apposed to terrorism and the lads you talk about are the loony extremists.

Doubt it.

Very respectful :rolleyes:.

yeah Rodrigo is the epitome of tolerance

Ban Rodrigo please. We can not and should not tolerate racism.

Love all these generalisations

You've just done it yourself - but the mirror image.

eh? Besides the last bit of your post all you've done is generalise.. Your perception of islam is flawed, the majority of muslims are vehemently apposed to terrorism and the lads you talk about are the loony extremists.

Mirror image means the complete opposite.

"All lovely and peace-minded in the islamic world" (just don't trip over the people being publicly hung for homosexuality, whipped for "offending" islamic law, keep clear of the "Religous police" etc etc etc ad naseum.)

Religion of peace ? My ȧrse it is.

Doubt it.

Sigh...funny how islam always brings about the banning of freedom of speech if anyone dares speak against them, isnt it ?

You should be bloody ashamed of yourself to suggest something as despicable.

What I will suggest is locking the subject as tempers are rising (and pomposity from some going into overdrive) and there is NO chance of agreeing with each other.

I'm not commenting any more on the subject today, as whats the point ?

A stunning amount of ignorance shown in this thread by people who know less than f*** all about muslims and ramadan.

HINT -if you don't have a clue what you are on about, don't make it obvious to everybody by your moronic statements

Was that for my benefit?

Was that for my benefit?

Don't know who he was aiming it toward, tbh.

Doubt it.

Sigh...funny how islam always brings about the banning of freedom of speech if anyone dares speak against them, isnt it ?

What I will suggest is locking the subject as tempers are rising (and pomposity from some going into overdrive) and there is NO chance of agreeing with each other.

You have every right to say what your saying.. misinformed as it is.

but racism shouldn't really be tolerated whether to muslims or black people etc.., you're ok though since you show reasoning whereas rodrigo just came out with a big ol' racist humdinger.

no reason 4 a ban though, let's just keep it friendly :)

Doubt it.

:idiot2:

I suggest you get a sense of perspective and stop attempting to curb an individual's freedom of speech.

Doubt it.

but racism shouldn't really be tolerated whether to muslims or black people etc.., you're ok though since you show reasoning whereas rodrigo just came out with a big ol' racist humdinger.

Look up the definition of racism. Commenting on the clothes people wear is not a big deal.

I think jocks look stupid in their kilts. Since I'd guess the majority who wear kilts are white men, if I'm a black man does that statement constitute racism in your opinion?

Doubt it.

Look up the definition of racism. Commenting on the clothes people wear is not a big deal.

I think jocks look stupid in their kilts. Since I'd guess the majority who wear kilts are white men, if I'm a black man does that statement constitute racism in your opinion?

Your marginalizing to a stupid degree.. Its part of their religion for muslim women to wear those "black shits" (as rodrigo so elequantly put it) so saying what he did was, in effect, a slander against their religion.

i'm not saying he should be banned, never did, just said he was intolerant.

wats-his-name said he should've been banned

I'm not saying he should be banned, never did, just said he was intolerant.

wats-his-name said he should've been banned

Never said you did (I know I said I wouldn't comment further, but just to clear that up)

Good job I'm not sensitive enough to take offence at your reference to "stupid." ;)

Anyway, making what is a sarcastic comment about a person's religion isn't racism either, unless someone is overly sensitive, of course. 

BTW I know you aren't the idiot who called for someone to be banned.