Islamic footballers

Beren

I'm not saying he should be banned, never did, just said he was intolerant.

wats-his-name said he should've been banned

Never said you did (I know I said I wouldn't comment further, but just to clear that up)

i just wanted to enforce the point.. just in case ;)

Good job I'm not sensitive enough to take offence at your reference to "stupid." ;)

Anyway, making what is a sarcastic comment about a person's religion isn't racism either, unless someone is overly sensitive, of course. 

BTW I know you aren't the idiot who called for someone to be banned.

should've said intelligently uninclined.. pardon me for my political incorrectness :laugh:

was it sarcastic though?.. sounded pretty malicious in my view, but its a free country he can scream his slurs from his rooftop.

:shifty:    for all i care

Good job I'm not sensitive enough to take offence at your reference to "stupid." ;)

Anyway, making what is a sarcastic comment about a person's religion isn't racism either, unless someone is overly sensitive, of course. 

should've said intelligently uninclined.. pardon me for my political incorrectness :laugh:

was it sarcastic though?.. sounded pretty malicious in my view, but its a free country he can scream his slurs from his rooftop.

Malicious? Really.....

As usual, the sensitivity and intolerance of some people toward certain subjects often leads to massive exaggeration.

Malicious? Really.....

As usual, the sensitivity and intolerance of some people toward certain subjects often leads to massive exaggeration.

not an exaggeration.. if i was a muslim woman i'd be pretty offended.

wouldn't say i was overly sensitive i just saw it in a different way to you that's all.

i'm defending free speech but at the same time recognising that what rodrigo said could be considered by the muslim community as insulting- and i'm the intolerant one?

Malicious? Really.....

not an exaggeration.. if i was a muslim woman i'd be pretty offended.

wouldn't say i was overly sensitive i just saw it in a different way to you that's all.

i'm defending free speech but at the same time recognising that what rodrigo said could be considered by the muslim community as insulting- and i'm the intolerant one?

Not saying someone may not be offended, people can be offended by anything and we're all different. What I'm saying is that it's not racist. The word is once again being over used. In my opinion.

Racism is indeed the wrong word for the dumb generalisations some are expressing on this thread. "Bigotry" and "prejudice" are more accurate terms.

I know I said....but can't resist....

Its often the case that the ones accused of "bigotry and prejudice" are far less bigotted and prejudiced than the subject of the original complaint.

Racism is indeed the wrong word for the dumb generalisations some are expressing on this thread. "Bigotry" and "prejudice" are more accurate terms.

I know I said....but can't resist....

Its often the case that the ones accused of "bigotry and prejudice" are far less bigotted and prejudiced than the subject of the original complaint.

Not in your case, however.