For Those who Said last season we needed defenders

NE5

what people must accept is that Smith has been brought here to play as a midfielder, and refusing to assess him as one is burying your head in the sand. i agree that he is a nothing player in midfield but this is where he will play 95% of the time so we have to judge him on that. as for being a striker, he doesn't exactly score many, the last time he reached double figures in one season was 6/7 years ago.

:rolleyes:

Can't take seriously people who judge footballers by stats instead of their brain.

Sir John Hall was a geordie, he had a sort of infinity with Newcastle, in case you aren't aware of this.

Don't you mean 'affinity'?

I was going to let this go but you've already started criticising people for their spelling when you are typing posts of this calibre O0

yes, I did. My mistake, I can accept that.

Genuine mistake though, not one of a sad Americanised kind.

So getting one letter wrong is worse than getting a whole word with a different meaning wrong.   bluelaugh.gif

Sir John Hall was a geordie, he had a sort of infinity with Newcastle, in case you aren't aware of this.

I was going to let this go but you've already started criticising people for their spelling when you are typing posts of this calibre O0

yes, I did. My mistake, I can accept that.

Genuine mistake though, not one of a sad Americanised kind.

So getting one letter wrong is worse than getting a whole word with a different meaning wrong.   bluelaugh.gif

well, its completely up to him to either say if its a mistype, or a deliberate American spelling.

Can't see what you are laughing at, unless you are just attempting to draw attention away from the fact you've been made a monkey of again with your inconsistent and illogical "opinions" about the merits of the boards, current and old, at NUFC

I bumped a post for you earlier that you missed.

....you again.

:yawn:

You want the club to be "a business" then complain when the shareholders take out divis ? What a joke you are.

I was talking about the shares too, you've been wasting too much time with macbeths s**** and agenda. A couple of million a year would have made no difference at all hardly to how this club has performed. ALL the managers have had enough money to be successful. That is how we have had teams put together that reached Cup Finals and qualified for the Champions League. what a joke you are - again, for not being prepared to accept this.

As for net spend, I really couldn't give a toss. The simple fact is that this summer our sales out more or less equals our sales in.

Those figures you quoted, they are hardly the figures of a club not backing managers are they, where an extra couple of million would make a difference ?

I suppose the answer to this will be yes because Shepherd was chairman. Laughable.  mackems.gif

It is very nice that the old board were finally able to set about improving the stadium and training facilities, which your idols didn't bother doing for over 40 years, until they finally managed to be proud of the fact that they were building a stand like Watfords, while selling our best players to get the money.

Laughable. Again.

mackems.gif

I couldn't care less if the club is run like a business or not, I want a club which is a success and run professionally both on and off the field.

How can you say “The simple fact is that this summer our sales out more or less equals our sales in?”  Allardyce has spent £25 million and only brought in £15 million, that’s a difference of £10 million.  How can you say the two figures are virtually the same?

Also, if you were happy with past spending figures then you must be more than happy that we’ve just spent more than we usually do.

As for my idols as you so originally put it and training facilities, did Allardyce have a go at our training facilities?

Nice to see you think a team that qualifies for europe more than everyone bar 4, fills a 52000 ground, plays in the Champions League and attracts major international players isn't "run professionally".

mackems.gif

Priceless. I should be used to this by now.

I suppose any manager would want to change some things at training academies and medical setups, shame he didn't see the ones that your idols left behind. Maybe they would have been on a par with Watford, like the main stand ?

Edit: As for the new board, I was perturbed by the comments Allardyce made that they weren't backing him, unless you know better. However, it is pleasing that they may be about to do it, and as people like you have insisted that Shepherd was the sole person responsible for us not winning everything in sight, I look forward to us at least matching the Champions League qualifying positions in the not to distant future.

well, its completely up to him to either say if its a mistype, or a deliberate American spelling.

Can't see what you are laughing at, unless you are just attempting to draw attention away from the fact you've been made a monkey of again with your inconsistent and illogical "opinions" about the merits of the boards, current and old, at NUFC

I bumped a post for you earlier that you missed.

I can understand people getting confused with American spellings as we see so many of them these days, not that it matters anyway, I couldn't care less about people getting spellings wrong I just find it funny that you have a go and follow it up with such a howler.

As for my "inconsistent and illogical opinions," mine are consistent, I think two boards have financially screwed us, you think one has and the other hasn't even though both situations virtually mirror each other.  You still haven't explained the difference between two financially poor positions left by two previous board of directors.  One was said to be close to the club going out of business the other was that the club was close to folding like a pack of cards.

What post did you bump?

I couldn't care less if the club is run like a business or not, I want a club which is a success and run professionally both on and off the field.

How can you say The simple fact is that this summer our sales out more or less equals our sales in?  Allardyce has spent £25 million and only brought in £15 million, thats a difference of £10 million.  How can you say the two figures are virtually the same?

Also, if you were happy with past spending figures then you must be more than happy that weve just spent more than we usually do.

As for my idols as you so originally put it and training facilities, did Allardyce have a go at our training facilities?

Nice to see you think a team that qualifies for europe more than everyone bar 4, fills a 52000 ground, plays in the Champions League and attracts major international players isn't "run professionally".

mackems.gif

I suppose any manager would want to change some things at training academies and medical setups, shame he didn't see the ones that your idols left behind. Maybe they would have been on a par with Watford, like the main stand ?

That's a brilliantly thought out and knowledgeable comeback, well done.

How can you say “The simple fact is that this summer our sales out more or less equals our sales in?”  Allardyce has spent £25 million and only brought in £15 million, that’s a difference of £10 million.  How can you say the two figures are virtually the same?

Also, if you were happy with past spending figures then you must be more than happy that we’ve just spent more than we usually do.

mackems.gif

That's a brilliantly thought out and knowledgeable comeback, well done.

The factual ones are the best, easy to understand, even for you, but not so easy to admit.

quickly scrolled down this page as i wasn't going to read the the full thread,then i saw NE5 and mick, i thought to myself "they aren't are they ?".... well ask a bloddy stupid question !

:lol:

I like to think that one day they'll pass each other in the street, walk on a few yards before both stopping, turning and squinting at each other. Just knowing somehow who the other one is and then launching into an angry debate about Shepherd in the middle of the street.

We should just have a 'Mick Vs NE5' thread and when it goes off in another thread, they've got to refer it to their battle thread, no one else is allowed to post in it, only watch.

Only problem is the argument over should it be 'Mick Vs NE5' or should it be 'NE5 Vs Mick'.

How they'd settle it i do not know. Maybe they'd have to make a new thread just for that, maybe a poll for fellow viewers while they decide who's name should go first.

O0

quickly scrolled down this page as i wasn't going to read the the full thread,then i saw NE5 and mick, i thought to myself "they aren't are they ?".... well ask a bloddy stupid question !

I like to think that one day they'll pass each other in the street, walk on a few yards before both stopping, turning and squinting at each other. Just knowing somehow who the other one is and then launching into an angry debate about Shepherd in the middle of the street.

I reckon that if they ever found themselves in the same bar having a pint, they'd get on like a house on fire personally. Honestly!  blueyes.gif

I reckon that if they ever found themselves in the same bar having a pint, they'd get on like a house on fire personally. Honestly!  blueyes.gif

They're probably neighbours or long lost brothers.

Be quality if one day one of them managed to argue his point succesfully to the point the other just said

"... You know what, you're spot on. Can't believe I could be so wrong for so long. Cheers M8!! "

I doubt he'd say that.  :lol:

Be quality if one day one of them managed to argue his point succesfully to the point the other just said

"... You know what, you're spot on. Can't believe I could be so wrong for so long. Cheers M8!! "

I doubt he'd say that.  :lol:

mackems.gif

Guest elbee909

It'll be like that bit in Pulp Fiction where Bruce Willis' character drives up to a junction and Marsellus Wallace crosses with tray of goodies before realising who's in the car.