Jose Enrique.

jimmymag

A quote from Sam in the Chronicle this week:

"What has made N’Zogbia’s start to the season so much better is that he has been playing out of position at left-back, while new boy Jose Enrique has been building up fitness after signing from Villarreal."

Gives me the distinct impression that Enrique's still not fit. That's why I asked the question.

Guest optimistic nit

fitness will mean more than athletic fitness, he'll need to gel, get used to the setup, which is why cacapa was held back initially. also cause he's young allardyce wants to move him in slowly, i think thats how he likes to do it.

fitness will mean more than athletic fitness, he'll need to gel, get used to the setup, which is why cacapa was held back initially. also cause he's young allardyce wants to move him in slowly, i think thats how he likes to do it.

Enrique's got 10 years on Cacapa, he cost more than £6 million, we desperately need a left back. I don't see any valid reason why Enrique is not our starting left back like now.

Guest optimistic nit

Enrique's got 10 years on Cacapa, he cost more than £6 million, we desperately need a left back. I don't see any valid reason why Enrique is not our starting left back like now.

its got fuck all to do with actual fitness in my opinion, but more to do with adapting. you don't want to stick a 21 year old living in a foreign country for the first time in your defence before he is ready. he needs to be bread in gently, he only has around 1/2 a season of top flight experience in his native country, and we don't need him atm. this season is less about position and more about change and adaption.

stick him in the deep end and he makes a few mistakes and you have another luque or bramble on your hands.

Guest optimistic nit

fit enough to start i guess but fat sam too spineless to drop one of his 3 golden boys in centre midfield to change our shape to accomadate him imho.

funny how sams so spineless that he will refuse to drop smith but not so spineless that he will keep shay given out of the team when harper has done nowt to lose his place.

Threes words: Albert fucking Luque.

Let's take our time and get this one right, please. If another Spanish player fails at Newcastle it'll start looking deliberate.

Let's take our time and get this one right, please. If another Spanish player fails at Newcastle it'll start looking deliberate.

He's been here 2 months now. How long do you suggest we give him to "acclimatise"? For fucks sake the winter's just setting in, perhaps we'll see him in April.

He's been here 2 months now. How long do you suggest we give him to "acclimatise"? For fucks sake the winter's just setting in, perhaps we'll see him in April.

I'd like to see him start as much as anyone else, but there's no point rushing him if he's not ready. Maybe he genuinely ISN'T ready. Maybe he's just not up to the league at the minute. Bernard had to be kicked about at Darlo for months before he got to grips with the physical nature of the league.

He'll start to get more pitch time, I'm sure.

I'd like to see him start as much as anyone else, but there's no point rushing him if he's not ready. Maybe he genuinely ISN'T ready. Maybe he's just not up to the league at the minute. Bernard had to be kicked about at Darlo for months before he got to grips with the physical nature of the league.

He'll start to get more pitch time, I'm sure.

£6 million price tag, nicknamed The Bull, 21 year old professional athlete. For fucks sake why are we wrapping him in cotton wool?!

I can only come up with two possible reasons, either he's not fit or he's mentally not strong enough. I'm worried.

No one knows anything. No one knows how his injury is holding up. No one knows his fitness levels. No one's seen the lad in training. Yet, we've all seen Luque, Viana, etc. struggle to adapt, but still everyone's crying for this lad to be thrown in the deep-end. Fair enough, but don't start bitching when he starts dropping clangers.

If he's not ready then the squad building has been incomplete during the summer. Not only are we losing a left back, we are losing a left winger in Zog who is now playing at left back which becomes a double whammy.

No one knows anything. No one knows how his injury is holding up. No one knows his fitness levels. No one's seen the lad in training. Yet, we've all seen Luque, Viana, etc. struggle to adapt, but still everyone's crying for this lad to be thrown in the deep-end. Fair enough, but don't start bitching when he starts dropping clangers.

If he's as fragile as you suggest he wasn't/isn't worth the money we paid for him.

If he's not ready then the squad building has been incomplete during the summer. Not only are we losing a left back, we are losing a left winger in Zog who is now playing at left back which becomes a double whammy.

I but I blame Duff for that, the useless cunt. :lol:

If he's as fragile as you suggest he wasn't/isn't worth the money we paid for him.

Maybe we paid for potential. Tbh, I know very little about him.