Best CB in Prem?

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Steven Taylor

Taylor.

Steven Taylor. Make him captain I say.

:clap:

I thought they were all takin the piss....

Look at it in this perspective.

Who is the best CB the Prem has seen? Paul McGrath.

Can anyone on that list lace his boots? No.

He was good but he wasnt that good tbh

He played well at Villa but he was never in Lawrenson or Hansens league (admittedly they didn't play in the Prem). Not sure if he could have been if he hadn't been an arse earlier in his career, but basically he wasn't! I'd still say he was more on a par for a while with Woodgate, Ferdinand, Terry etc. than any better than them.

Never seen anyone better than Woodgate when he was here tbh. At present I'd say there about 7 or 8 of them who are very good. Not one of them stands out and all have different talents. Some could have but havent for a variety of reasons.

Can't split Gallas and Ferdinand.

Toure runs them both close though.

i'd say Gallas is not strong enough in the air to be the best single defender in the league. his partnership alongside terry was pretty damn good though, as both complemented the other perfectly, rightly leaving Carvalho who is probably a better individual, out of the side.

Can't split Gallas and Ferdinand.

Toure runs them both close though.

i'd say Gallas is not strong enough in the air to be the best single defender in the league. his partnership alongside terry was pretty damn good though, as both complemented the other perfectly, rightly leaving Carvalho who is probably a better individual, out of the side.

He got bonus points for his ability to switch to left-back or play as part of a 3 at the back. :)

Ferdinand, no question, close to being the perfect defender, one of the true marks of being a great defender is rarely having to over commit yourself or having to make last ditch tackles, and ferdinand doesnt really do either. On his day easily the best defender in the world......maybe

Ferdinand, no question, close to being the perfect defender, one of the true marks of being a great defender is rarely having to over commit yourself or having to make last ditch tackles, and ferdinand doesnt really do either. On his day easily the best defender in the world......maybe

you make a very good first point but there is no way he is as good as nesta.

you make a very good first point but there is no way he is as good as nesta.

Ya see, Nesta is the only defender in the world who is comparable to Ferdinand in my opinion (or rather vice versa), they are very very similar, Nesta over the course of his career has been better than Ferdinand, that i agree with, but currently, i dont think that they are on the same playing field as individuals, i personally beleive that Nesta on his day in 2007 wouldnt be as good as Ferdinand would be on his day 2007. Personal opinion.

Nesta's a bit past his sell-by date imo. I'd say Toure and Gallas are the best partnership. I'd probably say Gallas was slightly better.

Nesta's a bit past his sell-by date imo. I'd say Toure and Gallas are the best partnership. I'd probably say Gallas was slightly better.

Agree with that, Micah Richards reminds me of a young Gallas in his football style.

Agree with that, Micah Richards reminds me of a young Gallas in his football style.

I think Richards is going to be an excellent player (he's 80% of the way there already). And I think, at present, he's slightly wasted at centre-back as he offers so much going forward. I would certainly play him at RB for England.

Guest jimmy1982

Rio Ferdinand

has everything. Not quite as dramatic as Gallas or Toure but that's because he generally always one step ahead of the attacker

it's not bramble then?  :laugh:

if Bramble had a few more brain cells he'd be up there

Aye, when he gets it right I would think he's as hard to play against as Rio, Carvalho, Toure  etc. I remember a run of games a couple of years back (could have been the year we lost Sporting in the UEFA), 7 - 8 home matches maybe, when he was absolutely top drawer. I remember him overhitting a canny few passes straight out of play during his career which is terrible for a pro, but also remember him stroking a fair few 50+ yard balls to Nobby and Robert on the wings, with EITHER foot. Don't know how many defenders in world football are capable of that these days. As we all know though he was mentally clamatous and had to go.

Clamatous :lol:

:lol:

all sorts of mental images flying around upstairs now

Aye, I know it was just a typo but it amused me. Little things eh? ;)