Celtic Pitch Invader gets 120 hours

GM

Service order for pitch invader

A man who ran onto the pitch at Celtic Park during a Champions League match against AC Milan has been handed 120 hours' community service.

Robert McHendry, 27, from Cambuslang, admitted a breach of the peace at Glasgow Sherriff Court after handing himself in to police. He rushed from the stand following a last-minute winner by Celtic. The sheriff took account of his early guilty plea.

McHendry has been banned from Celtic games for life. He said he was "carried away" by the goal which secured a 2-1 for Celtic.

AC Milan goalkeeper Dida was banned for one game after the incident. He had been found to have breached Uefa's principles of "sportsmanship and integrity" for over-reacting to minimal contact by McHendry on the pitch.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7074557.stm

What do you reckon to this then? Too harsh, too lenient or about right for the idiocy of what he did? I can't quite decide.

How could they implement a life time banning in the ground? If he got a ticket from a mate how could they stop him going in? I mean how would they actually see him to begin with?

They have highly sophisticated iris scanning equipment on the turnstiles now at Celtic Park. Oh and most likely someone would dob the stupid bastard to the Polis if he rolled up with a ticket.

What a fooking joke!!! This bloke gives a Brazilian a bitch slap at best, in the news elsewhere the London bizzie's get off scot free for shooting  the life out of a Brazilian with a back pack.

JUSTICE GONE BONKERS!!!!

Seriously hope this comparison is a wind up

I thought we were all doing rather well to ignore it, tbh.

What a fooking joke!!! This bloke gives a Brazilian a bitch slap at best, in the news elsewhere the London bizzie's get off scot free for shooting  the life out of a Brazilian with a back pack.

JUSTICE GONE BONKERS!!!!

There is always one that will fold

JUSTICE GONE BONKERS!!!!

I'll redeem myself only when someone comes on and agrees with it.

JUSTICE GONE BONKERS!!!!

I'll redeem myself only when someone comes on and agrees with it

I am sure you will Liam Liam Liam O  O0

How could they implement a life time banning in the ground? If he got a ticket from a mate how could they stop him going in? I mean how would they actually see him to begin with?

They have highly sophisticated iris scanning equipment on the turnstiles now at Celtic Park. Oh and most likely someone would dob the stupid bastard to the Polis if he rolled up with a ticket.

What if he got an eye transplant?

Guest jimmy1982

Dunno but I hope he gets around it somehow. Should never have been given a lifetime ban.

Then again maybe Celtic know only too well he'll be able to get around it via a mate or whatever, and have only done it to save themselves an uproar from the the moral high ground bods in the media, and the tarnish that would put on their reputation.