James Milner & Charles N'Zogbia

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

N'Zogbia looked better when running from deeper positions at the start of the season. Now he is being more tightly marked, life isnt as easy for him. Always a goal threat though. Enrique, N'Zogbia and Duff will make an interesting left side.

If played on the correct wings and told they can push forward I don't see a problem with either. If they are on the wrong wings they either put in crap crosses or have to back track to whip one in with their correct foot which happened constantly last Saturday.

Where do you want me to start?  :lol:

Milner mainly due to his lack of pace won't ultimately be better than a good squad player.

Nobby had no pace and that's the exact type of player Milner should be pushing himself to become.

Nobby was way quicker than Milner in his younger days. The other issue is whether Milner can get a talent transplant as he isnt in the same league as Nobby technically.

Apart from his lack of pace and technique Milner is bloody marvellous. 1 goal in 15 says he has a great eye for goal too  :lol:

Two promising players that should be brought along a lot slower in my opinion. They are playing way too many games right now and they really aren't quite good enough yet to be doing so.

What a load of bollocks, "aren't quite good enough yet"? N'zogbia is far and away our best attacking player when used properly.

The key word there is 'our'.

What a s*** thread.

Why? Neither are top class. One never will be and one will need an awful lot of work to get there.

Personally I'd love ot talk about our top class wide men but the only one we have with any history of being that is injured (even then it is mainly his history that has been top class). The two young lads (and they arent exactly bairns are they?) are good squad players. Zog could be decent.

What a s*** thread.

Why? Neither are top class. One never will be and one will need an awful lot of work to get there.

Personally I'd love ot talk about our top class wide men but the only one we have with any history of being that is injured (even then it is mainly his history that has been top class). The two young lads (and they arent exactly bairns are they?) are good squad players. Zog could be decent.

N'Zogbia's played about an hour on the left wing this season for a start.

What a s*** thread.

Bit of an exaggeration but it still doesnt get away from the fact that we need competition. They shouldnt be first choice at the minute. That is the point Skirge is making. No matter what stats people might want to throw around, the eyes of people who have seen far better in black and white can't be decieved. Its a relevant point he makes. If we are settling for those two then we are settling for mediocrity. N'Zogbia is very raw but has the attributes. Still a hell of a lot of doubt as to whether he is going to make the next important step. The other simply doesnt have the attributes to do it.

For now I would play both because we dont have another right winger at the club.Milners not poor  but hes not brilliant either,average is the word but could develop into a really good player yet.As for Zog I have always liked him,hes exicting when on the ball and isnt afraid to take on his man!Would like to see us bring in an outstanding right winger in January but cant think of any realstic options?

Guest optimistic nit

Zoggy through the middle, Milner on the left and Geremi on the right atm

i cant remember a single game milner has had on the left wheer i thought he was anything more than utter garbage. no thanks.

i cant remember a single game milner has had on the left wheer i thought he was anything more than utter garbage. no thanks.

If we're talking about this season then you can include the right in your statement too.

Guest optimistic nit

What a s*** thread.

Bit of an exaggeration but it still doesnt get away from the fact that we need competition. They shouldnt be first choice at the minute. That is the point Skirge is making. No matter what stats people might want to throw around, the eyes of people who have seen far better in black and white can't be decieved. Its a relevant point he makes. If we are settling for those two then we are settling for mediocrity. N'Zogbia is very raw but has the attributes. Still a hell of a lot of doubt as to whether he is going to make the next important step. The other simply doesnt have the attributes to do it.

what are you talking about? :lol: Zogs in his twenties, and a winger. wingers are probably the youngest position on the pitch, due to the requirements of pace and such. Milner is mediocre, but the Zog is something special. The Zog needs to be starting, Milner can fuck off.

Guest optimistic nit

If we're talking about this season then you can include the right in your statement too.

well we're not, i'm talking about the entire time he's been at NUFC.

well we're not, i'm talking about the entire time he's been at NUFC.

Alright, we'll settle mostly shite on both sides then  :lol:

So who would you play atm?

Devil and the deep blue sea! N'Zogbia and Geremi for me. Smith and Barton in midfield. Think some fucker'll get sent off but better than watching that fucker plod up and down the touchline. Unless he's up against Ian Harte then it'll be clash of the lightning titans.

So who would you play atm?

Devil and the deep blue sea! N'Zogbia and Geremi for me. Smith and Barton in midfield. Think some fucker'll get sent off but better than watching that fucker plod up and down the touchline. Unless he's up against Ian Harte then it'll be clash of the lightning titans.

you've been listening to cypress hill?