Breaking news of worldwide importance about fackin Spuhhhs!

Martin Lol

................. Planning permission for the new Academy and training facilities has been approved tonight.

State of the art, 11 pitches in 30 odd acres costing £33m and clears the way for the future of WHL to be resolved.

http://admin.tottenhamhotspur.com/docstore/FINAL.brochure.07.09.28.la.pdf

Didn't think that would get the go-ahead to be honest. I thought that those in the council who would have seen it through had their hands tied due to a conflict of interest? Come as a bit of a surprise that....

Half of the council are Arsenal season ticket holders so it's not been a great surprise that there's been so many obstacles regarding Green Belt land, environmental issues and damage to the habitat of some obscure pippestrel bat.  But with permission now in place, maybe Spurs will be getting some of the youngsters that we've lost to Arsenal.  David Bentley and Justin Hoyte are both Spurs fans who saw the lack of facilities as being a handicap to their development so they signed up for the pikeys, I'm sure there are others.  You can't blame them for putting their career first, there are a number of Newcastle born youngsters who are in (or just graduated from) the Boro Academy.  The same principle applies tbh.

I know I am enthralled by the machinations of Council activity in North London.It is pity that we do not reach a wider audience,in this instance, so more could be aware of these,quite frankly, startling developments.

Pleased to be of assistance! :lol:

You bet Dave.last time I posted on this very subject,  I was left with the distinct impression that this was the type of subject matter that many on this site felt happy with.In fact, some welcomed anything that MJ posted.You,IIRC ,even invoked the Lord Jesus himself.

I have therefore decided to go along with the clique and encourage this type of post.

My only regret now is that I actually live in Newcastle and have an obviously parochial view of things and must improve my understanding of the world outside of the 'sticks'

Much as I would like to express my gut feelings on the subject I feel it would only provoke another stinging rebuke.Rather than risk that pain and chagrin, I'll happily read all about the trials and tribulations of Spurs,after all thats what this site is for.Isn't it?  O0

:lol:

What are you on about? :lol:

This forum is (and always has been) open to discussion of other football clubs. Any fan of other football clubs is welcome as long as they're not on the wind-up. MJ often posts ITK bollocks but he also posts pretty good football chat. I for one am glad we have other fans on here, it brings balance.

You bet Dave.last time I posted on this very subject,  I was left with the distinct impression that this was the type of subject matter that many on this site felt happy with.In fact, some welcomed anything that MJ posted.You,IIRC ,even invoked the Lord Jesus himself.

I have therefore decided to go along with the clique and encourage this type of post.

My only regret now is that I actually live in Newcastle and have an obviously parochial view of things and must improve my understanding of the world outside of the 'sticks'

Much as I would like to express my gut feelings on the subject I feel it would only provoke another stinging rebuke.Rather than risk that pain and chagrin, I'll happily read all about the trials and tribulations of Spurs,after all thats what this site is for.Isn't it?  O0

Good post.

:lol:

What are you on about? :lol:

This forum is (and always has been) open to discussion of other football clubs. Any fan of other football clubs is welcome as long as they're not on the wind-up. MJ often posts ITK bollocks but he also posts pretty good football chat. I for one am glad we have other fans on here, it brings balance.

I don't agree Dave. What do you think this is? A "football" related forum?

So naive :smug:

Do you mean 'SIMA lar'? :blush:

Now that we are nicely balanced, and we are like spurs fans. (who generally take an interest in how their rivals are faring) Would you kindly inform us MJ,just what is the local policy on plastic bottle recycling in and around the Enfield and Tottenham areas

I thank you in advance for your time and effort. :smitten:

But with permission now in place, maybe Spurs will be getting some of the youngsters that we've lost to Arsenal.  David Bentley and Justin Hoyte are both Spurs fans who saw the lack of facilities as being a handicap to their development so they signed up for the pikeys, I'm sure there are others.  You can't blame them for putting their career first, there are a number of Newcastle born youngsters who are in (or just graduated from) the Boro Academy.  The same principle applies tbh.

Maybe domestically, but the foreign kids will still be heading straight to Dubaibury.

Do you mean 'SIMA lar'? :blush:

Now that we are nicely balanced, and we are like spurs fans. (who generally take an interest in how their rivals are faring) Would you kindly inform us MJ,just what is the local policy on plastic bottle recycling in and around the Enfield and Tottenham areas

I thank you in advance for your time and effort. :smitten:

:giggle:

Breaking News of Worldwide Importance about fackin Citehhhh?  :ninja:

Most probably don't care. Not really that interesting, not worth a new thread. But maybe a little insight into how the impact made by Thaksin goes beyond writing a cheque for Elano.

City launching global alliance

Manchester City is launching a global alliance with top clubs from around the world.

The Club are announcing a series of partnership agreements with teams on several continents, starting with Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua, who City played on their pre-season tour of August 2006. ((When Ben Thatcher put one of their players in hospital with a collapsed lung))

The co-operation programme will see City share knowledge with its partners in many areas, and the Club is also announcing plans to launch an MCFC Academy in China.

Commenting on these plans, City Chairman Dr Thaksin Shinawatra says: "I want young players from all around the world, and particularly young Asian players, to aspire to play for Manchester City, and to develop the structures and means for them to do so."

City will help its new partners at this grassroots level through coaching exchanges and youth tournaments. Coaching and player analysis techniques, improving player rehabilitation and help with training facilities are also just some of the areas that the Club will share its expertise on. Ties between City and the other clubs will also be strengthened through improved commercial and marketing opportunities and initiatives.

The Club is also pleased to announce partnership agreements with Thanda Royal Zulu FC of Durban, South Africa, and FC Moscow.

I'm not what "Partnership" means tbh.

But wve already launced Chinese and Thai versions of our official website this season. Proper ones that get updated every day. (mcfc.co.th? Catchy)

Mugs of the world unite. And give us all your lovely money.

Sometimes I just get the feeling that the people in charge of our club really know what they are doing.

We've had a Chinese website since we signed the David Beckham of the far east, the legendary Li Tie, and a Thai website since Chang started sponsoring us. We're still fucking skint though and the people in charge of the club definitely don't know what they're doing.

Any fan of other football clubs is welcome as long as they're not on the wind-up. MJ often posts ITK bollocks but he also posts pretty good football chat. I for one am glad we have other fans on here, it brings balance.

I think they're scum, and you should drive them into the sea, the infidels.

Oh.

Any fan of other football clubs is welcome as long as they're not on the wind-up. MJ often posts ITK bollocks but he also posts pretty good football chat. I for one am glad we have other fans on here, it brings balance.

Oh.

Are Villa really selling Cahill to Sheffield United?

Oh.

If we do, I'll be incredibly disappointed.

How on earth Zat Knight is a better Cb to have around than Cahill, I do not know.

In short, I fucking hope we're not, and suspect we are not. If we are, though, he should be going somewhere better than that.

Oh.

How on earth Zat Knight is a better Cb to have around than Cahill, I do not know.

In short, I fucking hope we're not, and suspect we are not. If we are, though, he should be going somewhere better than that.

It seems every time you brag one of your defenders up MON sells them. :lol:

First it was Ridgewell and now Cahill.

Oh.

It seems every time you brag one of your defenders up MON sells them. :lol:

First it was Ridgewell and now Cahill.

Rumour has it that Ridgewell wanted to play the ball out of defence, whereas MON wanted him to stick it into Row Z, hence his departure.

Anyway, on the evidence of Sunday, Agent Ridgewell is still doing sterling work for the claret and blue cause.