FA says it is powerless to act over Barton's tackle

Dokko

High-horsetastic. :lol:

It was a stupid and rough 'challenge' which probably merited a red card.

It didn't get one. That is all.

Exactly and all this bollocks is prejudiced by the fact he hasn't set the world alight in his first two games back after injury. If he'd scored the winner against the mackems no one would be saying any of this  :cheesy:

Tbh, if he'd got banned I bet you wouldn't be saying that. It was fucking idiotic, especially for a player with his reputation at a brand new club.

Eh? I'm agreeing with Dave that it was a red card and he would have been banned if he'd been sent off. Even if he'd been banned via video evidence I'd have been of the same view - i.e. it was stupid and reckless but really, it was nowt. There was no real chance of any injury to the other player either so I see other incidents you see in matches - i.e. elbows, shocking tackles etc. as worse. I'm not defending what he did, I'm railing against the holier than thou shite coming from people who've made up their minds about a player and his attitude etc. after a couple of games.

Rail on, brother.

Exactly and all this bollocks is prejudiced by the fact he hasn't set the world alight in his first two games back after injury. If he'd scored the winner against the mackems no one would be saying any of this  :cheesy:

Tbh, if he'd got banned I bet you wouldn't be saying that. It was fucking idiotic, especially for a player with his reputation at a brand new club.

Eh? I'm agreeing with Dave that it was a red card and he would have been banned if he'd been sent off. Even if he'd been banned via video evidence I'd have been of the same view - i.e. it was stupid and reckless but really, it was nowt. There was no real chance of any injury to the other player either so I see other incidents you see in matches - i.e. elbows, shocking tackles etc. as worse. I'm not defending what he did, I'm railing against the holier than thou shite coming from people who've made up their minds about a player and his attitude etc. after a couple of games.

Rail on, brother.

:D Cheers.

Guest LucaAltieri

Don't think anyone is doing that either. I'm basing my opinion on his past record. Never wanted him in the first place. He was a terrible signing. When there was first talk of him being available and we were tossing around the idea of picking him up on the cheap the majority of people on here thought we'd be crazy to go for him, even on the cheap. As it turns out we did pick him up and paid nearly £6mil.

Bad signing.

The saddest thing about the whole situation is that he has not managed to stop this kind of crap, its only his fourth game and he should have been sent off. He would have had us down to 10 men in one of the most important games of the season, imagine how people would be reacting on here if he had been sent off. We can cope with a ban as we have enough players to cover for him but we are not playing to well with 11 men on the pitch the last thing we need is to go down to 10, he may have escaped action from the FA but I hope the club takes some action and fines him.

Guest optimistic nit

Agree with whoever said that the elbow on Viduka was worse. To compare this incident with the cigar stubbing is pretty crazy and even thought it should have been a straight red, i'm glad he did it (shame it wasn't leadbitter).

While we're on the subject of bans have the police or the Tramps themselves done anything about the hunchbacked scruffs who charged onto the field of play when Higginbottom scored? I thought it was a bannable from football stadia offence.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Words cannot describe my hate for Barton, he is an idiotic scumbag who would never have been picked up by the media if he wasnt such a violent thug. A relatively good/average player but just an absolute disgrace, wouldnt want him anywhere near tottenham and I'd rather have the dross we currenty have tbh instead of Barton.