Couple of Norwegians on trial

Dave

Toon going with the Flo

It's being reported in their homeland that Newcastle have invited two Norwegian teenagers to travel to Tyneside for trials.

Defender Even Hovland and utility player Per Egil Flo are both 18 years old and on the books of Sogndal, who play in the second tier of Norwegian football.

Flo is a relative of former mackem plank Tore Andre Flo.

(Thanks to NUFC.com reader Erlend Arnekleiv for info)

Any thoughts from our Scandinavian members?

Guest Trizone

They have been decent I guess, but then again, it's the second tier of Norwegian football:p

Neither has really stood out from the crowd, which at 18, one might have hoped. I honestly can't see them beeing offered a contract, and my guess is that they are here because of some agent's recommandations and not our own scouts. Can't hurt us to have them over for a week of training though, worst that can happen is they get sent back home without a contract

Even Hovland is a decent prospect for the future. Good with the ball at his feet, and strong tackles. Needs a few years, until he is, eventually, ready for the PL. Per Egil Flo seems to be somewhat prone to injuries. He's got a good left foot, with probably LB as his best position. No harm in bringing those two lads over for a weeks training.

Guest optimistic nit

hopefully that flo doesnt take after his relative tore andre flo or whatever he was called

Was canny though at Chelsea.

aye, a top striker in his day. when i say top i don't mean world class, but he could finish and was a very good striker.

hopefully that flo doesnt take after his relative tore andre flo or whatever he was called

Was canny though at Chelsea.

aye, a top striker in his day. when i say top i don't mean world class, but he could finish and was a very good striker.

hes helping leeds now