Sir Bobby on his way out of football

Dave

Guest Sniffer

You can ignore the facts all you want but it doesn't change them. He's a good bloke, just don't run away with the idea he's Newcastle though and through because he isn't.

Guest Sniffer

No cheshire mag I don't know him at all.

But I do know that he never considered signing for us as a player or expressing any desire to manage us when he was at the peak of his career that I recall. Other than when he was on the downslide.

But I do know that he never considered signing for us as a player or expressing any desire to manage us when he was at the peak of his career that I recall. Other than when he was on the downslide.

No you dont know that, you only know what you read in his autobiography.

Managing us at the peak of his career?

He had made Ipswich Town into a European force, during that time we had Lee, Dicky Dinnis, Mcgarry and Cox as managers and Westwood (I think) as our chairman, going nowhere.

Would you have left something that special to sign for a club that was going nowhere, without 2 pennys to rub together?

You look after number 1 first, doesnt mean that he didnt care about NUFC.

Hey, maybe we never even approached him to be our manager

He only turned us down as manager once that I know of and the reason was his contract, it might be rare these days but some people still act honourable from time to time and he did just that.

Pretty sure that he wanted to play for Newcastle, tbh, but Newcastle weren't interested.

Pretty sure that he wanted to play for Newcastle, tbh, but Newcastle weren't interested.

He never considered us when he was a player dont you know? ;)

Managing us at the peak of his career?

He had made Ipswich Town into a European force, during that time we had Lee, Dicky Dinnis, Mcgarry and Cox as managers and Westwood (I think) as our chairman, going nowhere.

Would you have left something that special to sign for a club that was going nowhere, without 2 pennys to rub together?

You look after number 1 first, doesnt mean that he didnt care about NUFC.

Hey, maybe we never even approached him to be our manager

We appraoached him twice to become manager, once he said no because he didn't want to break a contract, the other time he came.

He turned us down when first starting out on his playing career, something which Shearer repeated but that isn't held against him.

Oh my god!!

String the fucker up immediately, how dare he not manage us before he did manage us!?! He should have smashed his way through the walls of SJP and into the boardroom streaming black and white striped blood from the resulting cuts on his hands and demanded that the board appoint him on pain of death!!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafantastic!!

:rolleyes:

He's a WUM, by the way, for those who hadn't figured that out yet.

Oh my god!!

String the fucker up immediately, how dare he not manage us before he did manage us!?! He should have smashed his way through the walls of SJP and into the boardroom streaming black and white striped blood from the resulting cuts on his hands and demanded that the board appoint him on pain of death!!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafantastic!!

He's a knobface. Why knock Sir Bobby after everything he did for us?

Guest Sniffer

I'm not knocking him.

Just pointing out a few facts that you simpletons don't seem to understand. Doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate his efforts at the time or wish him well now.

Oh my god!!

He's a knobface. Why knock Sir Bobby after everything he did for us?

That question was answereed in the post you replied to.

Why is there always some bitter bellend who can't see the wood for the tree? Bobby is a gent. He's a man that most of us wish we could be. He's honourable, talented and decent. There is little doubt he has a particular affinity with Newcastle, the North East and East Anglia. That he loves living in Suffolk isn't strange, its a beautiful place and he is absolutely adored down there. He is also a patriot. He talks sense and is generally good fun. It's his passion for football that does it though. He knows a footballer and his record is quite superb in nurturing talent.

What??! He spent longer managing Newcastle than any other club in his career apart from Ipswich, where he made his name as a manager and is loved by the fans (they have a statue of him outside their ground). Are you begrudging him his loyalty to their club?

He said in his book he didn't join Newcastle as a player because they didn't make enough effort to sign him while Fulham did. Any young player who wants to make a career for himself and wants to play regularly wants to know he will be appreciated and will get games. Shearer had to go to Southampton to get recognised, it says more about our club's failings than it does about the players we've lost down the years.

You don't "recall" him "expressing a desire" to manage us in "his peak". You're making yourself sound like a jealous housewife. He managed England during the 80's and worked for several European clubs in the 90s, including Barcelona, all of which probably gave him a much better understanding of the game, as well as a chance to cut his teeth at a higher level and manage some of the best players in the world. He came to us with a wealth of experience. When do you think was his peak exactly? And what evidence do you have that he turned us down? He came to Newcastle and got us right up close to Man Utd and Arsenal, gave us some of the best memories of recent times and when you look at the managers immediately before and after him and judge him in context, he did a hell of a job here, turning the club around.

You seem to be trying to pick faults without anything concrete to back up what you're saying.

I'm not knocking him.

Just pointing out a few facts that you simpletons don't seem to understand. Doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate his efforts at the time or wish him well now.

Tell me the date of these facts? When did he reject us during his playing career? Or indeed his managerial career whilst at Ipswich? If so, why did he do so?

Just asking for evidence of the 'facts' An online source from a credible author will do.

Why is there always some bitter bellend who can't see the wood for the tree? Bobby is a gent. He's a man that most of us wish we could be. He's honourable, talented and decent. There is little doubt he has a particular affinity with Newcastle, the North East and East Anglia. That he loves living in Suffolk isn't strange, its a beautiful place and he is absolutely adored down there. He is also a patriot. He talks sense and is generally good fun. It's his passion for football that does it though. He knows a footballer and his record is quite superb in nurturing talent.

Well said. It's rare to see someone maintain such humility in the face of such adulation and respect from just about everyone, he's as genuine as they come and the fact he's beaten cancer 5 times and still wants to get out there and do his job shows his passion for football. The guy's an inspiration.

He lives near Chester-le-Street.

He lives near Chester-le-Street.

He probably owns several properties, but I dont care as he has deserved it.

He probably owns several properties, but I dont care as he has deserved it.

I don't care either but he does live near Chester-le-Street, his photograph was in the Sunday Sun a month or so ago when he was cutting his grass.