Valeri Domovchiyski link

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life
Newcastle hunt Bulgarian ace

Magpies on trail of Valeri Domovchiyski

By Vlatko Siljanovski  Last updated: 15th November 2007

Newcastle are hot on the trail of Bulgarian starlet Valeri Domovchiyski, skysports.com understands.

The 21-year-old striker is rated as one of the best young prospects to emerge from Bulgaria in recent years.

He made his professional debut at just 17 for his hometown club Marista Plovdiv, before he was snapped up by Levski Sofia just 12 months later.

He is now Levksi's top prospect and finished last season with 18 goals in just 26 games.

On form

He has begun this term in just as good a fashion and he is the top-scorer in Bulgaria with seven goals in 11 matches.

Newcastle are now set to take a closer look at Domovchiyski this week as he plays against England Under 21s on Friday before facing Ireland next week.

Newcastle had intended to watch the recent clash between Levski and Chernomoretz - but they had to put off their trip as the match was postponed.

Levski's financial director Konstantin Bazdekov confirmed Newcastle's scouts were planning to be in attendance.

Scout

"It's true that a scout from Newcastle wanted to watch our last match," Bazdekov told 7 Dni Sport.

"But I cannot confirm Domovciyski is their target."

Last summer both Olympiakos and Sporting Lisbon tried to seal a deal for Domovchiyski but they failed to agree terms and now a number of other clubs look set to join the race for his coveted signature.

Guest nufc 4 life

Spot the difference:

hot bulgarian ace Valeri Domovchiyski confirmed link (financial director quoted)

"But I cannot confirm Domovciyski is their target."

:lol: he would say that though, there aren't many other players playing for levski sofia that we'd be interested... or are there?

Oh please sort the title out man.

Edit: Dave to the rescue.  :thup:

:lol:

IMO Domovchiyski isn't anything special.. he can shoot with both legs, decent technique, but often misses clear chances and is somewhat lightweight..

in Levski, there's this nigerian boy who is also apparently watched by clubs - Richard, a defensive midfielder who's basically Nicky Butt on crack, never stops running, has a good reading of the game, accurate passing and rarely loses the ball.. his shooting is even worst than Butt's though, but still i'd have him in our team instead of any of our DMs

anyway, i doubt there's genuine interest from Newcastle.. Levski's financial director is a pathetic lying twat.. i don't believe anything he says..

Guest Steven_MB

We do we scout these players at internationals, same with Arshavin. Why not go and scout them when they play their regular football? are our scouts banned from Eastern Europe so have to wait for the plaer to travel?

We do we scout these players at internationals, same with Arshavin. Why not go and scout them when they play their regular football? are our scouts banned from Eastern Europe so have to wait for the plaer to travel?

well.. the bulgarian league isn't renowned for it's quality.. it'd be a bit pointless to watch players in arranged matches against pub teams

edit: although, the newcastle scout was going to do just that..

Surprised no-one said what they thought of him in the u21 match.  He is likely to be one of your players in the not too distant future. 

Personally, I thought that there was a lot to like about him.  Could do rather well for you imho.

Christ.

Didn't know you looking to sign him as well.  Good on crosses I hear.

Surprised no-one said what they thought of him in the u21 match.  He is likely to be one of your players in the not too distant future. 

Personally, I thought that there was a lot to like about him.  Could do rather well for you imho.

Christ.

oh man.. you don't know what you're talking about

Christ.

oh man.. you don't know what you're talking about

My apologies to you for having the humour bypass.