sound familiar ?

madras

newcastle 3-down not even half way into the first period, playing a percentage style,putting it into certain areas instead of passing to man in space with a decent opportunity, the opposition just do the basics and we make tham look good. newcastle at the time possibly being higher up the league than their performances warranted maybe having false confidence.

final score.....newcastle vipers 2-6 coventry blaze.(ice hockey....my first game since the days of the whitley warriors)

Guest jimmy1982

i remember going to a whitley warriors match yonks ago, it was absolutely rubbish. went to one of them basketball matches at the arena as well, and that was rubbish too. the only good bit was when we started skitting this lad doing the half time challenge, then 5 mins into second half he came to sit in the empty seat to my left, the lady on the other side of which happening to be his mam. doh!

WWF at Whitley Ice Rink ('92 maybe?) was a different kettle of fish though - possibly the highlight of my young life.

thats probably the difference between us. i'd much rather go to a sporting event where the outcome is unknown and it is down to those on the day(regardless of their quality) rather than a choreograhed sham masquerading as sport.

WWF , i'm a celebrity , big brother , celebrity come dancing and that ilk are all out of the same s*** filled bucket.

WWF , i'm a celebrity , big brother , celenrity come dancing and that ilk are all out of the same s*** filled bucket.

Nice metaphor, and totally accurate.

I'd add X Factor Pop Idol etc etc vomit vomit etc to those.

All made for the unthinking (ie THICK) majority

WWF , i'm a celebrity , big brother , celenrity come dancing and that ilk are all out of the same s*** filled bucket.

there are too many to add so i picked the main ones. i once made a joke on here about what would be next, i took the piss with celebrity hairdressing or celebrity garage.........both since been done.

Guest jimmy1982

Nah, WWF is nothing like those things, it's more like a soap opera or drama series. I haven't watched it for years but when I was 8-11 or around that age I absolutely loved it both for the matches and the storylines - you know, goodies versus baddies. Still enjoy watching the odd hour of it if I'm round someone's house with Sky tv though, but it's has gone downhill and is not really familly entertainment anymore. Plus I don't know who's who these days.

And seeing it live at Whitley was an absolutely tremendous spectacle. I remember being amazed by the athleticism of these huges blokes flinging eachother around, and they really got the crowd going.

Nah, WWF is nothing like those things, it's more like a soap opera or drama series. I haven't watched it for years but when I was 8-11 or around that age I absolutely loved it both for the matches and the storylines - you know, goodies versus baddies. Still enjoy watching the odd hour of it if I'm round someone's house with Sky tv though, but it's has gone downhill and is not really familly entertainment anymore. Plus I don't know who's who these days.

And seeing it live at Whitley was an absolutely tremendous spectacle. I remember being amazed by the athleticism of these huges blokes flinging eachother around, and they really got the crowd going.

I remember Papa Shango and the Nasty Boys being there at the one at Whitley.  :smitten:

Guest jimmy1982

I remember Papa Shango and the Nasty Boys being there at the one at Whitley.  :smitten:

Aye, and the Undertaker was there as well - can't remember who he was against though. Wasn't a fan of the Nasties, me, more of a Legion of Doomer...

Aye, and the Undertaker was there as well - can't remember who he was against though. Wasn't a fan of the Nasties, me, more of a Legion of Doomer...

It was all about Demolition or The Rockers for me like.  :smitten:

Guest jimmy1982

Hehe, I hated Demolition - Axe and Smasher weren't they? Aye, the Rockers were mint when they used to do all those moves off the top rope (and Gorilla Monsoon would wet his pants with excitement), but when Shaun Michaels went solo he lost all respect from me, especially when he hooked up with Sensational Queen Sherri  - what a mistake. That must have been around the time I stopped following it actually.

Hehe, I hated Demolition - Axe and Smasher weren't they? Aye, the Rockers were mint when they used to do all those moves off the top rope (and Gorilla Monsoon would wet his pants with excitement), but when Shaun Michaels went solo he lost all respect from me, especially when he hooked up with Sensational Queen Sherri  - what a mistake. That must have been around the time I stopped following it actually.

good grief

Guest jimmy1982

good grief

Come on Mardras, its just harmless fun...

Havent been to a Vipers game in about 5 years, a lot has changed since then if i recall? arent they now in the british elite league? I love ice hockey.

Been to a few Vipers games an NHL game in New Jersey woo.

Incidently what was the crowd like? how many?

Vipers had beaten Coventry here in Cov last Thursday,to go top of the Elite league,a result that gave me some ammo to fire at the saddos who believe ice hockey is our national sport in Coventry just because their team wins the league most seasons,along with speedway.However,they had their day today after Saturdays result.Like i gave a shit.

Saw the Vipers once with the missus. Had no idea what was happening and the 'cheerleaders' were just embarassing for all concerned.

the cheerleaders are quite fit.

one thing that nufc could take from the vipers is that after each home game you can go to the cooperage and meet the players, have a drink and discuss the much. i think the nufc players should do this.