Big Sam, would he stay? Says so...

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hope he gets offered the England job and takes it, tbh.

Do you think he'd do well?

And who would you get in at Newcastle?

No.

Don't know.

Visionary! ;)

Mourinho?

The man has an ego, the thought of bringing success to Newcastle (a bigger club than Chelsea, that's for sure) might well appeal to him but he'd have to be confident of the ambition and backing of the new owner. It would be a chance of a statement of intent by Ashley.

Why not?

No.

Don't know.

Visionary! ;)

Mourinho?

The man has an ego, the thought of bringing success to Newcastle (a bigger club than Chelsea, that's for sure) might well appeal to him but he'd have to be confident of the ambition and backing of the new owner. It would be a chance of a statement of intent by Ashley.

Why not?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=47052.msg1079607#msg1079607

:thup:

No.

Don't know.

Visionary! ;)

Mourinho?

Why not?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=47052.msg1079607#msg1079607

Tbh Dave, if it was my money and Mourinho was available I'd have appointed him the day I took over the club. If the club sacked FS and appointed Mourinho I'd be quite happy. So long as they then back him.

No.

Don't know.

Visionary! ;)

Mourinho?

Why not?

Tbh Dave, if it was my money and Mourinho was available I'd have appointed him the day I took over the club. If the club sacked FS and appointed Mourinho I'd be quite happy. So long as they then back him.

Depends if he (or indeed anyone) would take the job after another sudden sacking, and possibly the most ludicrous one yet.

No.

Don't know.

Visionary! ;)

Mourinho?

Why not?

Depends if he (or indeed anyone) would take the job after another sudden sacking, and possibly the most ludicrous one yet.

Not going to argue but there hasn't been any ludicrous sackings at Newcastle, although there have been ludicrous moments when we've lost good managers by their own resignation. Arthur Cox and Gordon Lee spring immediately to mind.

If you're in charge of the club and you think the team manager isn't the right man the correct thing to do is to push him out the door and get someone in you believe will meet your own ambitions. I don't care when that might be and I don't actually give a toss what people would think either.

If you're in charge of the club and you think the team manager isn't the right man the correct thing to do is to push him out the door and get someone in you believe will meet your own ambitions. I don't care when that might be and I don't actually give a toss what people would think either.

Fine in principle but you honestly don't think binning a new manager after approximately one month in charge and having played no games (or now, with 12 games played) would have an effect on any prospective managers and players you may wish to attract? ???

I don't think sacking Allardyce would stop anybody coming here, they'd just see it as a new owner wanting his own manager.  I doubt they'd tie it in with the sackings of Souness and Roeder after a short period of time.

I don't sacking Allardyce would stop anybody coming here, they'd just see it as a new owner wanting his own manager.  I doubt they'd tie it in with the sackings of Souness and Roeder after a short period of time.

I think they'd just see it as a continuation of the almost ridiculous lack of patience at Newcastle, but there you go.

I think they'd just see it as a continuation of the almost ridiculous lack of patience at Newcastle, but there you go.

I'm not sure about that as it would be for a different reason than the others, not that I'm saying that it should happen.

Not to sound like Alan Oliver, but Sam does not look a happy man at the moment.

I think summat's up.

:shifty:

We've not won in three games and have a mammoth match against Liverpool coming up. That's probably what i'd put it down to.

I doubt he'll go, but to be honest at the moment I really wish he would.  After initially wanting to give him a chance everything he's done suggests he's a small thinker with extremely limited tactical knowledge, (possibly less then the common man on the street) who's aim is to recreate Bolton's first team at Newcastle..  I'll still give him a chance, but if he left I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have a smile on my face (I wouldn't be smilling for England but Newcastle comes first).

Fine in principle but you honestly don't think binning a new manager after approximately one month in charge and having played no games (or now, with 12 games played) would have an effect on any prospective managers and players you may wish to attract? ???

Under the circumstances, no.

I don't sacking Allardyce would stop anybody coming here, they'd just see it as a new owner wanting his own manager.  I doubt they'd tie it in with the sackings of Souness and Roeder after a short period of time.

What ridiculous lack of patience are you on about? They should have shown less patience with Souness, if they'd shown more like you imply in your post we'd have ended up bankrupt following a relegation. You can't just talk about patience and only include certain managers. The implication of your comment is that you think they should be given quite a long time, that would include Souness who definitely would have taken us down as far as I'm concerned.

Patience is nowt to do with it, it's to do with performance in their job. Robson had 5 years 'cos he was doing ok until he lost the dressing room. You could say that's his fault for signing players with a poor temperament, ultimately leading to his departure.

All of the managers who went were booted out for valid reasons....their own incompetence.

Honestly don't reckon candidates, especially foreign candidates, would go into that much research.

They'd look at it as: Four managers in three years - fuck that.

What level of research is that you're on about? One board out and one new owner in, going for his own man.  :rolleyes:

they wont ask him, and if they do he wont take the job

The impression I got from his interview on SSN was that he wasn't saying that he didn't want it for any other reason than he was under contract.

they wont ask him, and if they do he wont take the job

The impression I got from his interview on SSN was that he wasn't saying that he didn't want it for any other reason than he was under contract.

Well, he's hardly going to turn down the England job if he was currently unemployed.