Keane - 'Look at some of the England players, they're shit players'

Dave

So, by that logic, anyone who has a s*** game is automatically a s*** player?

They were shit the whole qualifying group.

So they are shit at international level.

Shit against russia at home? Shit against Israel?

Shit when they've gone out of most of the major tournaments recently on pens at a latter stage?

I'm not saying they deserved to go through, the table doesn't lie however to label them 'shit' is total and utter bollocks. They are not shit players.

Coming from the bloke who bought Higgingbotham, Harte, Halford and Kieron Richardson he's got a fucking cheek.

They may not all be world class but there not shit players, none of them.

How many of the squad wouldn't make it into the Mackem first 11?

Mind you're own business you cunt. Oh, and how did the Irish lads do Roy?

Truth hurt?

Which ones are shit? please tell.

Jolean Lescott for starters.

You'll get a much longer list of players who are not anywhere near as good as they are told they are by the fawning SKY cocksuckers.

Well if they're so good how come they didn't qualify over the course of 12 games in the easiest group?? Probably because they're overrated, overpaid and hyped up to the max to by a media who is obsessed with Team England?

If I knew that I'd be dusting off my CV.

It could be combination of factors;-

- Poor selection from McClaren

- Poor/Rigid formation

- Poor communication from the coaching side on how they wanted the formation to work

- Poor club form

- Ego's

- Too confident

To be honest there's loads of possible reasons why they've failed but I don't see them as shit players.

Look at Gerrard. How many of you truthfully wouldn't put him the top 5 midfielders in Europe?

He hasn't played well for England for ages but that doesn't make him a shit player.

Shit when they've gone out of most of the major tournaments recently on pens at a latter stage?

I'm not saying they deserved to go through, the table doesn't lie however to label them 'shit' is total and utter bollocks. They are not shit players.

I'd say totally overrated or overrated shit if you like.

Coming from the bloke who bought Higgingbotham, Harte, Halford and Kieron Richardson he's got a fucking cheek.

They may not all be world class but there not shit players, none of them.

How many of the squad wouldn't make it into the Mackem first 11?

Mind you're own business you cunt. Oh, and how did the Irish lads do Roy?

Truth hurt?

Which ones are shit? please tell.

Jolean Lescott for starters.

You'll get a much longer list of players who are not anywhere near as good as they are told they are by the fawning SKY cocksuckers.

He's not top class. He ain't shit either.

Well if they're so good how come they didn't qualify over the course of 12 games in the easiest group?? Probably because they're overrated, overpaid and hyped up to the max to by a media who is obsessed with Team England?

- Poor/Rigid formation

- Poor communication from the coaching side on how they wanted the formation to work

- Poor club form

- Ego's

- Too confident

- £100k pw AND CAN'T FUCKING FIND A TEAM MATE WITH A PASS

To be honest there's loads of possible reasons why they've failed but I don't see them as shit players.

Look at Gerrard. How many of you truthfully wouldn't put him the top 5 midfielders in Europe?

He hasn't played well for England for ages but that doesn't make him a shit player.

Corrected.

I'd say totally overrated or overrated shit if you like.

They are only overrated if people are basing their ratings on 'World Class'.

There are not any teams, even at International level, where each player is world class.

Every squad is made up of some elite players, some damned good players and some players who can do a job and not let you down.

I'd not disagree though that many of the England squad is overrated by the media.

Well they're overrated by the media if they win / qualify etc. and considered to be utterly shite if they don't. The fact most fans are just as fickle doesn't help.

s*** against russia at home? s*** against Israel?  WOW, we beat ISreal and Russian at hime.  You forget we drew with Macedonia at home.  Thats Shyte.

s*** when they've gone out of most of the major tournaments recently on pens at a latter stage?  Shyte aye, cos we cant beat any half decent sides in the later stages of a tournement.  Best we can do is take them to pens.

The problem with the england players is that they are played as indivduals and not as a team. Most of them are good players at domestic level but thats because they train with their mates everyday of the week.

Next manager should be one of:

Cappelo

Lippi

Mourinho

Scolari

Anything other than this standard will be a failure.

- Poor/Rigid formation

- Poor club form

- Ego's

- Too confident

He has dozens of moments when he misplaces passes or gives the ball away or plays the wrong pass or shoots for no reason. At club level against muppets you can get away with that stuff but most goodish int sides (Croatia) these days have half a dozen good players who will make you pay.

Lampard must be the most over-hyped player in this galaxy. No shred of a clue at int level I'm afraid but part of that must be how the team is set up.

And he's absolutely spot on where he attacks the "ego's in the England team" being the problem.

I sat and watched Crouch's  over confidence on the box and told my wife "These pompous gits'll get beat 3-1. Mark my words"

By the way, Allardyce has ruled himself out of the England job

(Thanks for moving my post by the way, I hadn't seen someone else post the Keane thing)

Keane was exactlyright, and had Lampard and the rest in mind when he said that.

They are perhaps a tenth the players they THINK they are, and paid TWENTY times the money the deserve.

They're not exactly very bright are they ? It accounts for their arrogance and laziness

Gerard is a great player, but seems to think HE knows best - re the arguments with Houllier and now Rafa.

Howay! He's talking s****. If England players are s***, then the Sunderland squad is worse than s*** cos' none of them are close to good enough to play for England except their keeper.

Clearly he is talking about the relative merits of the players. If you think the Sunderland players are shit then try playing against them one day. Then you might see what shit really is.

In international terms he is quite correct. Many of them are shit. Not a player on the pitch who could lace Keanes boots tbh.

Keane actually said English players have more than enough ability to qualify. He's blaming the "big egos" and the "big heads". He also criticised their body language after games and that they "don't look a happy bunch". I reckon he's spot on.

Mackem or not I agree with most of what he says. But then, I'm Irish.  :coolsmiley:

Keane has a thing about players who have lost their hunger, but he's got a point when he says that the top players aren't performing as they should.

Trouble is, with nearly all those guys, their club teams are better than the England team. International football is no longer the peak for them, football wise. That's one of the by-products of the Premiership. It seems to particularly show with Lampard, who can run riot in a free role at Chelsea, knowing that he's surrounded by great players who will deliver the ball right into his path. What's more, Chelsea are nearly always better than the opposition. With England, he has to scratch around a bit, and so naturally he doesn't look like he's enjoying himself particularly.

Howay! He's talking s****. If England players are s***, then the Sunderland squad is worse than s*** cos' none of them are close to good enough to play for England except their keeper.

Clearly he is talking about the relative merits of the players. If you think the Sunderland players are shit then try playing against them one day. Then you might see what shit really is.

In international terms he is quite correct. Many of them are shit. Not a player on the pitch who could lace Keanes boots tbh.

Rubbish. I don't believe it.

Clearly he is talking about the relative merits of the players. If you think the Sunderland players are s*** then try playing against them one day. Then you might see what s*** really is.

In international terms he is quite correct. Many of them are s***. Not a player on the pitch who could lace Keanes boots tbh.

Rubbish. I don't believe it.

You might not, however, performances tend to suggest otherwise.