Blackburn (A) Pre match thread

NSG

Don't want to sound too negative, as I still think Sam deserves time as he's trying to change so much about what's wrong with us.

But if we get any result today I'll be truly shocked.

Blackburn are one of the most physical sides in the league, if you show even a hint of weakness they'll just power through you. They'll also have that bit extra to prove after the batterring Villa gave them in midweek, they'll want to make that up to their own fans.

Our last few games we've been so lethargic, half-assed and generally easy for teams to bully. Unless that improves drastically we'll get absolutely thumped.

That said, there's no reason whatsoever we should be so poor again, and if we actually show up and show a bit of desire we'll be able to give them a game.

But, with that starting 11 out it's really very hard to see where our attacking threat will come from. Butt, Geremi and Barton in the middle should give us a chance to match them physically, but where precisely is the service from the middle gonna come from? Who's gonna keep the ball for us?

Out wide, Martins may do something spectacular at some point but other than that he doesn't effect the game positively in a consistent manner at all, while Milner just plainly isn't much better than above-average.

Smith will get about up front, which is key for the lone striker, but don't expect his name on the scoresheet.

Be surprised if we score at all today personally, if we do it'll almost certainly be a Martins thunderbolt or a scrappy goal froma  set-piece.

If we go behind, we're 99% gauranteed to lose.

What does that say about any football team?

They look quite strong in midfield compared to us. Makes me nervous and I backed us for a point earlier today.

Butt Geremi central midfield should sort that problem out.

I think they might be a lightweight and could possibly be over run

Suprising. Wouldve thought theyd make a pretty strong central midfield, one that would be void of creativity or any attacking instinct, but still, both players are pretty good defensively and despite not being tall, arent pushovers.

Could play Faye there, but hes pretty much our only consistently decent centreback.

Actually Barton will look a lot better as an attacking threat now he has someone in midfield who plays the short simple ball in which Geremi does. Butt cannot pass the ball and Emre always wants to be too complicated by dwelling too long or playing a raking ball accross the field which he gets wrong a lot.

Don't want to sound too negative, as I still think Sam deserves time as he's trying to change so much about what's wrong with us.

But if we get any result today I'll be truly shocked.

Blackburn are one of the most physical sides in the league, if you show even a hint of weakness they'll just power through you. They'll also have that bit extra to prove after the batterring Villa gave them in midweek, they'll want to make that up to their own fans.

Our last few games we've been so lethargic, half-assed and generally easy for teams to bully. Unless that improves drastically we'll get absolutely thumped.

That said, there's no reason whatsoever we should be so poor again, and if we actually show up and show a bit of desire we'll be able to give them a game.

But, with that starting 11 out it's really very hard to see where our attacking threat will come from. Butt, Geremi and Barton in the middle should give us a chance to match them physically, but where precisely is the service from the middle gonna come from? Who's gonna keep the ball for us?

Out wide, Martins may do something spectacular at some point but other than that he doesn't effect the game positively in a consistent manner at all, while Milner just plainly isn't much better than above-average.

Smith will get about up front, which is key for the lone striker, but don't expect his name on the scoresheet.

Be surprised if we score at all today personally, if we do it'll almost certainly be a Martins thunderbolt or a scrappy goal froma  set-piece.

If we go behind, we're 99% gauranteed to lose.

What does that say about any football team?

I'm expecting a lot from the Geremi and Barton combo in the centre. I think Geremi's passing will help Barton.