Blackburn (A) Pre match thread

NSG

Team I would play

Given

Beye Faye Roze Enrique

Milner Butt Barton N'Zogbia

Viduka Martins

that wont be the team i expect to see Carr on the teamsheet even though he is the worst player at the club

still think we will win 2-1

'the Toon boss has never been beaten at Ewood Park in the Premiership in his six visits with former club Bolton Wanderers.'

There goes the draw.

tbf his luck there is probably running out. Jussi Jaaskelinen saved 2 late penalties to get them a jammy win there last season. Year before they got a winner from the spot when El Hadji Diouf went into a 50-50 challenge with gravity and came off 2nd best.

We might catch Blackburn going through a tricky period.

Or we might be the backlash :)

For years now when a team has been having a tough time of things and need a boost we seem to be the ones to come along and give it to them.

Guest trainer

Completely agree, geremi will never beat a player or go past a player he has no pace. What he is good at is breaking up play and finding that special pass (Man city- Martins). If he is to play, its got to be in central mid, we cant use him as a winger anymore

It's shocking how many people on here exclude Geremi from central midfield.

Given

Beye Faye Whoever Enrique

Geremi

Barton Emre

Martins           N'Zogbia

Smith

Yeah, i know what you mean. When i chose my team i put Geremi on the right-wing simply to have him in the team, because i think he's important for retaining possession (forget Liverpool, Geremi's the best at doing that in our team even if he isn't particularly creative). But he really should be in the centre if he plays. It might be worth playing him and Butt instead of Emre (i initially had Butt/Emre as preferred combo), because we're away from home and Emre doesn't turn up then.

Plus, as i've said before, Butt and Geremi worked earlier in the season, didn't it?

I would never have Geremi on the right personally, as he is only good keeping possession in the central are where he has shown that he is good at offerring a short option for the defence, and then delivering a simple pass to someone in a position the bring the ball forward and put some pressure on the opposition.

Thus he helps our team take charge of the match.

With Butt, it is an endless cycle of stopping the opposition attacking, losing the ball, stopping the opposition attacking, losing the ball, and this just puts the team under pressure that will lead to us eventually conceding.

Geremi is someone who can really help us by converting pressure on us into pressure on them, especially when he has mobile players all around him which is the criteria I have used when selecting my team.

Its a shame that people like olliemort and warrenbartoncentrepartin only judge players on goals and assists. I could see these two people wanting to throw Gary Speed out of the team before every match in the Robson era.

A few facts about Geremi when he had been playing in the centre:

Received more passes than any other player

Has the second best passing accuracy in the team (Owen is best)

Made more interceptions than any other player

Made several key contributions to goals scored while on the pitch.

For me, those facts explain why we have been playing badly since he has been on the right.

nobody think enrique hs  been poor since he has joined

i know he is the best LB but there is no-one to compete against

his first is alwayas a long ball

very rarely plays a simple ball

and is reasonably slow

anybody on swiftys bus the mora?

Enrique did well against Everton, other than that he's been nothing special at all. You've got to give players time though.

Looking forward to the trip, the Darwen End should be bouncing. I'll say an entertaining 2-2, with the Toon blowing a 2-0 lead.

Drop Viduka, play Smith up with Oba.

We need some passion tomorrow if we are picking up any points,,the 11 who starts the game for Toon must bleed for the club,cant see they done that for mounths,it looks so far they only been on the pitch for getting the paycheck every mounth never mind the result of the game.

Toon players,start bleeding black&white and change attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting increasingly bothered by our (the fans) attitude to the team. We should have a symbiotic (symbionic? I can never remember!) relationship and that's disappeared lately, especially at home. I think we owe them a performance as well.

and is reasonably slow

i dont think enrique has been good

hes a average left back and god knows where he got the nickname 'the bull' from

and is reasonably slow

I wonder why..

Enrique did well against Everton, other than that he's been nothing special at all. You've got to give players time though.

Looking forward to the trip, the Darwen End should be bouncing. I'll say an entertaining 2-2, with the Toon blowing a 2-0 lead.

Drop Viduka, play Smith up with Oba.

Gah. I would have taken two goals away from hom. Never gonna happen now. :(

Team tomorrow:

Given

Beye  Faye  Rozenhal    N' Zogbia

Geremi  Butt    Barton

Martins                            Milner

Smith

Tomorrow lose.

i am considering putting a bet on on us not having a shot in the first half ... SS (Stupid Sam) will play the same - stupid tactics - with the same palyers in the wrong position, meaning the palyers, becasuse he wont listen to rational common sense, will and are carefully revolting against him to get him the boot.

We havent lost at Blackburn for how long? Sam hasnt lost there in 6 years.

2-0 to Blackburn

So luck's a quantity then? Hope I never win the lottery, or I'll probably be struck by a comet the next day.