Jose Enrique

Ally

This may have been discussed in the match thread but its been locked for whatever reason so its going in here.

This lad has been absolute garbage all season and even more so today. I wouldn't have bothered making this thread until I saw another gem from James:

"Enrique has been outstanding, playing three roles at once."

:lol: I've never read so much shit! Thats up there with his uber post about how Geremi is the most important player in the team!

Guest optimistic nit

i think he's been quite good. don't know about today, but he's been solid and good attackingly in every game i've seen him in. saying he's been absolute garbage is a joke, he's been at worst promicing in my opinion.

This may have been discussed in the match thread but its been locked for whatever reason so its going in here.

This lad has been absolute garbage all season and even more so today. I wouldn't have bothered making this thread until I saw another gem from James:

"Enrique has been outstanding, playing three roles at once."

:lol: I've never read so much shit! Thats up there with his uber post about how Geremi is the most important player in the team!

Harsh.

he's a foreign player, doesnt speak any english, hasn't been brilliant, but hasn't been garbadge, has fucked up a couple of times like any other palyer... he's got obvious potential just needs time to settle in. 

this thread is a waste of time

Can someone point me to when he's played well then? I'm yet to see it. I'm not making him a scapegoat, far from it - I was just unable to reply in that thread to such a ridiculous comment.

Kept Arteta in his back pocket the majority of the game against Everton.

He's been good but today he was poor. Seems to be too clever for his own good sometimes and I think his lax passing and his poor final ball is down to the lack of movement from our players rather than just him being inaccurate.

Can someone point me to when he's played well then? I'm yet to see it. I'm not making him a scapegoat, far from it - I was just unable to reply in that thread to such a ridiculous comment.

each home game he's played till today (can't comment on the aways),played well but not outstanding. defended strong,hadn't been given a run around and looked for balls in behind the oppos full back and centre half that everyone else in the country plays to turn the opps defence but we can not do.

The same could be asked of the rest of the squad, none more so than Owen

He's been good but today he was poor. Seems to be too clever for his own good sometimes and I think his lax passing and his poor final ball is down to the lack of movement from our players rather than just him being inaccurate.

Aye fair point about the movement, but he needs to be overlapping N'Zogbia more. Whether that is an instruction from Allardyce I don't know - Geremi moreso seemed to treat the halfway line like a brick wall that he wasn't allowed to pass.

Aye fair point about the movement, but he needs to be overlapping N'Zogbia more. Whether that is an instruction from Allardyce I don't know - Geremi moreso seemed to treat the halfway line like a brick wall that he wasn't allowed to pass.

quite often it's hard to overlap someone who is getting the ball too wide or is going inside........n'zogbia''s positioning is the worst part of his game. any full back playing behind him isn't going to form an easy partnership.

Guest optimistic nit

you watch teams like everton, liverpool and arsenal today. we haven't played like that since sirbob left. we always appear to be playing with 9 men who can't pick out a pass.

you watch teams like everton, liverpool and arsenal today. we haven't played like that since sirbob left. we always appear to be playing with 9 men who can't pick out a pass.

Makes you think, why the fuck can't my team play like that, doesn't it.

He is a young lad playing in a new league. It's probably pretty daunting to have 50,000 fans jumping on every mistake you make and is making him more inclined to stay back and try and nail the basics.

I thought during the first quarter of the match Geremi was far too far forward and because of it we got a seeing too down the right hand side. Probably made worse by the fact we had a left winger and three central midfielders playing in the middle.

Guest optimistic nit

Makes you think, why the fuck can't my team play like that, doesn't it.

aye :(

I think he's done alright until today to be honest, and I thought he was doing alright up against Torres to a point...sadly he just seemed to lose all confidence and deteriorated throughout the rest of the game.

quite often it's hard to overlap someone who is getting the ball too wide or is going inside........n'zogbia''s positioning is the worst part of his game. any full back playing behind him isn't going to form an easy partnership.

Excellent point. Zoggy ruins every good thing Enrique tries to do. Never gives Enrique the return ball but instead puts his head down and dribbles into a defender thus losing the ball.

Zoggy was disgustingly bad today.

Least hes better than Babayaro

I'll give him that! Quite why Carr came on I don't know though.

I take the points like, maybe garbage is a bit strong but i'm just not convinced yet, theres just something about him.

Excellent point. Zoggy ruins every good thing Enrique tries to do. Never gives Enrique the return ball but instead puts his head down and dribbles into a defender thus losing the ball.

Zoggy was disgustingly bad today.

wouldn't go that far (in general,but today yes)but  he should by now be playing with a bit more experience.