Realistic Targets In January

Decky

I can see arshavin attracting a bit of interest across europe, so would rule him out.  As for most of the rest suggested on here, I think at present we can rule out anyone at a club playing in Europe every year.  I think we need to be realistic and not expect World Class players as I think we are way off the mark.  Yes we may be able to afford to pay ridiculous wages, but that is precisely the kind of player to avoid.  Any midfielders capable of passing a ball to the forwards would be a good start.

I can see arshavin attracting a bit of interest across europe, so would rule him out.  As for most of the rest suggested on here, I think at present we can rule out anyone at a club playing in Europe every year.  I think we need to be realistic and not expect World Class players as I think we are way off the mark.  Yes we may be able to afford to pay ridiculous wages, but that is precisely the kind of player to avoid.  Any midfielders capable of passing a ball to the forwards would be a good start.

:thup:

Realistic targets to Fat Sam?

Anybody pushing thirty with no experience in the premier league who is big, strong but doesn't know what to do with the ball once they've won it. Preferably African so they can piss off and miss at least half a dozen games as well.

Smith - Pushing 30? No prem experience? African?

Barton - Pushing 30? No prem experience? African?

Rozehnal - Pushing 30? African?

Enrique - Pushing 30? African?

Yep got him down to a T.

Viduka has no prem experience, is shit with the ball as well as being African, too.

Realistic targets to Fat Sam?

Anybody pushing thirty with no experience in the premier league who is big, strong but doesn't know what to do with the ball once they've won it. Preferably African so they can piss off and miss at least half a dozen games as well.

Smith - Pushing 30? No prem experience? African?

Barton - Pushing 30? No prem experience? African?

Rozehnal - Pushing 30? African?

Enrique - Pushing 30? African?

Yep got him down to a T.

Viduka has no prem experience, is shit with the ball as well as being African, too.

:laugh:

Anelka.

Rather have Diouf tbh.

Why?

Because he's the sort of player that bridges midfield and attack, has good movement and gets in behind defenders in wide positions.

Anelka's a better player but Diouf would improve us as a team more.

Anelka.

Rather have Diouf tbh.

Why?

Because he's the sort of player that bridges midfield and attack, has good movement and gets in behind defenders in wide positions.

Anelka's a better player but Diouf would improve us as a team more.

Yes Diouf too would work. But personally I'd have Nico.

Crouch

Arshavin

Modric

Ben Haim

Sounds perfect, and I totally agree with Toon's Taylor. Wouldn't be cheap, but it would certainly be worth it in the long run. These players would also make us much better suited for Allardyce's 4-3-3/4-5-1 system, and even make that tactic look exciting. Bring it on!

It would be a great move. Thing is, at some time we are going to have to push the boat out and finish the job on the squad, it might as well be sooner rather than later. If Ashley is serious about making this club into a success, and there's no reason to doubt, then we must bring in some quality players. Were not producing them through the academy, and were not going to be given them by a magic fairy, so we must go out and buy them.

Its clear we need some creativity, and really, there is no point scrimping and penny pinching to bring in some more average midfeilders, we need 1st team starters to shape the 1st team around, not passengers and position fillers.

I hope thats the thinking, it would be the right move imo.

Anelka.

And who to cure our lack-of-creativity blues, Parky?

I'd get bids in for Basturk (Stuttgart), Diego (Werder Bremen - would cost) or Arteta.

All three clubs involved aren't must stay clubs imo and if MA got obsessed with either of those he could get them IMO.

Anelka.

And who to cure our lack-of-creativity blues, Parky?

I'd get bids in for Basturk (Stuttgart), Diego (Werder Bremen - would cost) or Arteta.

All three clubs involved aren't must stay clubs imo and if MA got obsessed with either of those he could get them IMO.

Diego & Naldo would improve the team 200%.

Probably cost £30m for the pair though.

Nikola Zigic

Not sure if he'd leave Valencia to come here.

Yup.

Michael. Owen.

Case closed.

Not quite the same thing is it? :lol:

No, clearly not.

Because Zigic would actually be fit enough to play a full quota of club matches in between internationals and friendlies.