We still haven't replaced Bellamy, Robert, Solano and Dyer

Guest SLK

In all seriousness I'd say that Bellamy was replaced firstly by Owen and then when Owen was crocked long term he was replaced by Martins. To say either lacked pace when they arrived is daft, anyone would have thought (Incorrectly, I know!) that getting shot of Bellamy and bringing Michael Owen in would be a good piece of business.

Likewise with Robert. We signed Albert Luque and Damien Duff to replace him. Both are fast, both can hit a shot - Luque especially. Both have failed to make an impact for various reasons but again the intent was there to replace them.

As for Dyer, what exactly did he contribute for us in the 10 years he was here? 10 good games, if that? Nothing to replace IMO.

And Solano was a slow but technically gifted right winger. Bit like James Milner? OK, I know Milner was here when Nobby was first here but still, do you want ANOTHER slow but skillful right winger as well?

Seems like there's not a lot left to replace to me. Already done. Admittedly they've been injured or just not up to it, but the replacements have been brought in. Now even Duff is getting back to fitness (Apparantly), so it's just a case of waiting to see what Sam will do with them. Probably put Duff on at left back, N'Zogbia on at right wing and Milner on at left wing.... :D

First of all Owen was never a replacement for Bellamy, whoever though so doesn't understand football...Owen is an out and out striker who waits in the penalty area for an opportunity to tap the ball in the net or head it at most...Bellamy created more goals for others than for himself and always put pressure on defenders by his constant forward runs...He was more valuable to us than Owen will ever be because we miss the goal chance creators like him more than the poacher of Owen kinds...

Robert was never replace and that was my point. To say that the intent was there by buying Duff and Luque well at least one of them failed and the other is not fairing any better...The point still stand, WE HAVE NOT REPLACED Robert either...

Dyer was injured most of the time but any honest person who can take their personal hatred of Dyer out of the equation for a second must see that Dyer's pace and skill did help the team in creating chances and causing problems to opponent defenders if not scoring the odd goal here and there...Dyer was a good impact player and just for his pace and skill I would like such player...

And I can't believe someone would write such line about Solano "do you want ANOTHER slow but skillful right winger as well?" Well yeah, of course I do...Give me a young Solano any day in place of Milner because I don't think Milner is Solano's replacement, not in a 100 years, sorry...

To say Kieron Dyer did NOTHING in his time here is just daft. Yeah he was a little twat and the last three years produced nothing but injuries, but the 01/02 and 02/03 seasons under Bobby he was tremendous. Games against Leeds spring to mind, and his link up play to Shearer and Bellamy was class. We were absolutely blessed with attacking players including Robert and Solano. Did you see Robert on the right or Solano on the left then? Did ya shite. I don't necessarily think the personnel is a million miles away from being geared to success. I think it's a case of getting a man in who's gonna get the players playing the right kind of football along the deck and having them in the right positions. Big Sam will always play long balls, and play Milner on the left or perhaps just drop him (!?) and this will never work here because the crowd will not give him the time to experiment like he did at Bolton.

In all seriousness I'd say that Bellamy was replaced firstly by Owen and then when Owen was crocked long term he was replaced by Martins. To say either lacked pace when they arrived is daft, anyone would have thought (Incorrectly, I know!) that getting shot of Bellamy and bringing Michael Owen in would be a good piece of business.

Likewise with Robert. We signed Albert Luque and Damien Duff to replace him. Both are fast, both can hit a shot - Luque especially. Both have failed to make an impact for various reasons but again the intent was there to replace them.

As for Dyer, what exactly did he contribute for us in the 10 years he was here? 10 good games, if that? Nothing to replace IMO.

And Solano was a slow but technically gifted right winger. Bit like James Milner? OK, I know Milner was here when Nobby was first here but still, do you want ANOTHER slow but skillful right winger as well?

Seems like there's not a lot left to replace to me. Already done. Admittedly they've been injured or just not up to it, but the replacements have been brought in. Now even Duff is getting back to fitness (Apparantly), so it's just a case of waiting to see what Sam will do with them. Probably put Duff on at left back, N'Zogbia on at right wing and Milner on at left wing.... :D

Milner is a completely different player to what Nobby was, his technical ability is nowhere near Solano's, nor is his delivery of crosses.

Guest optimistic nit

"In all seriousness I'd say that Bellamy was replaced firstly by Owen and then when Owen was crocked long term he was replaced by Martins. To say either lacked pace when they arrived is daft, anyone would have thought (Incorrectly, I know!) that getting shot of Bellamy and bringing Michael Owen in would be a good piece of business."

but neither have been nearly as successful as bellamy was. what you are suggesting is akin to replacing wayne rooney with lee trundle. he hasn't really been replaced has he.

"Likewise with Robert. We signed Albert Luque and Damien Duff to replace him. Both are fast, both can hit a shot - Luque especially. Both have failed to make an impact for various reasons but again the intent was there to replace them."- neither fit to lace roberts boots going off their time at newcastle. there is so much that robert gave us that we don't have any more. i blame his demise on souness as well, players like robert are often confidence players, and i think he lost all confidence when souness arived. he'd stopped doing his power free kicks, opting instead to curl it by the time he left(he did score a few like that, and he did try using power occasionally, but it didn't really work).

"And Solano was a slow but technically gifted right winger. Bit like James Milner? OK, I know Milner was here when Nobby was first here but still, do you want ANOTHER slow but skillful right winger as well?" James Milner isn't technically gifted or skillful. he's just a slow aaron lennon. see above lee trundle analogy.

"As for Dyer, what exactly did he contribute for us in the 10 years he was here? 10 good games, if that? Nothing to replace IMO."

aye, but when he did play he was very effective a lot of the time.

I am hoping (blind faith) that when Duff comes back he will look at least half the player he once was. Would be good to have competition down one wing at least.

We definitely need some pace though, would love SWP but can't see him leaving now.

Rather have Pedersen than swp any day if we are talking about players that we aren't going to get anyway.

I'll have Kaka and Ronaldinho if that's the criteria. Pedersen's overrated.

Perdersen is better than anything we are likely to get, that's for sure.

I don't see why we can't get better than a player not good enough for Blackburn.

Do we have to replace them? I mean different managers have different ideas those players are suited for Sir Bobby ideas and they are not good enogh for other managers. The other managers we have didn't get a chance implement or play their own players.

I am hoping (blind faith) that when Duff comes back he will look at least half the player he once was. Would be good to have competition down one wing at least.

We definitely need some pace though, would love SWP but can't see him leaving now.

Our wingers are nothing better than average tbh. WE need someone to worry the opposition and ours are quite incapable of that. We need that acceleration and technique that we have been missing since we sold our better players. Recently Dyer and Solano have not been replaced adequately. Looking further back, nor have the others.

To compare any of our current players to those mentioned is fucking stupid tbh. They arent in the same league/or in Bellamy's case just very different to the player he 'replaced'.

dyer doesnt need replaced

but i miss watching bellamy, solano and robert

3 top class players who could do everything going forward

long shots, short shots, speed, power, skill, crosses, passing and positioning

but i think it matters about the manager (robson was amazing with those players)

im not suprised we got into europe with those players along with shearer, with the squad we have now, i dont see a good european side

but i think it matters about the manager (robson was amazing with those players)

im not suprised we got into europe with those players along with shearer, with the squad we have now, i dont see a good european side

You were about 5 years old when he arrived Kev. He does need replacing as he is better than anything else we have in midfield.  Same for the others.

You were about 5 years old when he arrived Kev. He does need replacing as he is better than anything else we have in midfield.  Same for the others.

i saw enough of dyer, robert, solano, bellamy and robson as a manager to know whether we miss them  :cheesy:

Is this a wind up.  We replaced one injury prone striker for an even worse one and we signed Duff for the left wing and he has been seen about as much as Owen.  As for Dyer, take your pick, we have signed a few midfielders who are likely to hit the net as rarely as Dyer.