Chelsea (a) - E-Mail from the Club...

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc 4 life

i live near London and would love to go to this game, but i have tried and failed to get tickets before, if we took an extra allocation then i am almost guaranteed  a ticket sounds good to me  :clap2:

I think this is an excellent initiative from the club, and for any other London game I'd say take as many as you can get. HOWEVER, in this case, I'd probably say no to the extra tickets, for the reasons stated by others. For me personally, £45-£48 is a total rip off and while I'll probably go if the original allocation goes to public sale, I wouldn't go out of my way to get a ticket by begging or borrowing, like I would for (say) Fulham or West Ham. I think we should be sensible about this and if it works out, then Chris will ask our opinions again for games which people can, and really do want to, go to.

Thank you for your all your responses to my email last week, your input has been most helpful and appreciated.

Based on the responses from the majority of you we have decided not to take the additional allocation from Chelsea for the following reasons:

- £48 is deemed to be too expensive by some quarters and there is an unofficial boycott in place to protest this

- Cost and availability of public transport from Tyneside to London on the day of the game (line closures between Newcastle and Doncaster)

- December is an expensive month for us all and this may deter people from attending

- South East based fans will be visiting family in the North East and will therefore be less likely to be able to attend the fixture

Your input has been most helpful as it helps to provide a barometer of the feeling amongst our fans and supporters which can be difficult for us to gauge at times.  It would be great if we could set up some more regular informal dialogue going forward so that you have the opportunity to input into decisions and also so that you can make us aware of potential issues/problems or simply so that you can find out some background to what's going on from time to time.  We will endeavour to be as open and transparent as we possibly can.

Thank you for your all your responses to my email last week, your input has been most helpful and appreciated.

Based on the responses from the majority of you we have decided not to take the additional allocation from Chelsea for the following reasons:

- £48 is deemed to be too expensive by some quarters and there is an unofficial boycott in place to protest this

- Cost and availability of public transport from Tyneside to London on the day of the game (line closures between Newcastle and Doncaster)

- December is an expensive month for us all and this may deter people from attending

- South East based fans will be visiting family in the North East and will therefore be less likely to be able to attend the fixture

Your input has been most helpful as it helps to provide a barometer of the feeling amongst our fans and supporters which can be difficult for us to gauge at times.  It would be great if we could set up some more regular informal dialogue going forward so that you have the opportunity to input into decisions and also so that you can make us aware of potential issues/problems or simply so that you can find out some background to what's going on from time to time.  We will endeavour to be as open and transparent as we possibly can.

Nice to see they listened and to be honest it was the right decision.

Thats top class. More please.

EDIT - More communication, not tickets!

Guest nufc_geordie

About time the club was ran in the correct manner. Without us the club has nothing. To include us in the decision making process is an astute piece of PR from Mr Mort.