Revista de la Liga - Edmilson in January/Benitez Rumour

Optimistic Nut

The first one was brought up when they were talking about Ronaldinho, saying how Edmilson has had a go at him, but doesn't care because it's almost certain he'll be at Newcastle in January (Edmilson, not Ronaldinho ;)).

The second mention was about the Real Madrid job, saying that Mourinho is hot favourite ahead of Benitez. But Benitez has 3 options coming up: Bayern Munich, England....and Newcastle.

If a Brazillian international and Barcelona player isnt good enough for us then we are utter c****.

Watch him play he is old injury prone and not what we need just because he plays for Barca doesnt mean he is good enough for us

In the dressing room there are a lot of good people, but there are also people who are not.

"There are 23 or 25 players in our squad, then there are the coaches and we form a family. There is normally a black sheep in the family, of course.

"You have people that think differently because of the money, the success, the fame, the girls, easy things. Because of that the true values of life are put aside.

"At times players make their job a secondary consideration, you know. People think 'I am going train quickly and then I have to go and do a publicity stunt'. You know that?

Is what Edmilson said last week.

Supertoon is right though, he is not very good.  Not the kind of player we need at all.

If a Brazillian international and Barcelona player isnt good enough for us then we are utter c****.

Watch him play he is old injury prone and not what we need just because he plays for Barca doesnt mean he is good enough for us

He has touch, technique and is comfortable on the ball under pressure. How is he not good enough for us, as i cant think of many in the current squad who also have these attributes?

I've given you three reasons why, give me three reasons why not that dont involve the words 'injury prone' or 'not good enough'. Not saying he is the solution to a lot of problems the squad has, just cant for the life of me think how he wouldnt improve the squad.

I dont play FM so maybe i am missing something ???

Edmilson's the only unpopular Brazilian in Barcelona. People I know here who've had dealings with him describe him as rude, unpleasant and difficult to get on with. He's been involved in more than one dressing room dispute and he's hardly a unifying influence. Additionally, he IS injury-prone and not particularly good. He's been a disappointment ever since he came here and the fans can't wait to see the back of him.

He may well be better, just, than some of our players but unless he comes for rock-bottom wages, which he won't, there are better, cheaper alternatives.

I think i should be aloud injury prone because surely that is a reason two 6 months absences due to knee injuries is a reason.

However 3 other reasons

Cant pass

Cant create

Cant Score

The three things we need

Three brilliant reasons to not sign a defender.

I think i should be aloud injury prone because surely that is a reason two 6 months absences due to knee injuries is a reason.

However 3 other reasons

Cant pass

Cant create

Cant Score

The three things we need

Plays midfield and i could think of one big reason not to sing him if he was to play in defence

He cant defend

Nonsense.

It really isnt he would bring nothing to the team that we need

Not saying he is creative but he can pass and i remember him scoring a blinding goal in the world cup, i also have seen him play plenty of times and he looks very comfortable on the ball. Compare that to Geremi on saturday who didnt want it at all. As SteveT said if he comes on ok wages he would improve the squad.

Sounds like he's coming anyway so we can wait and see, Hunter is quite well informed as i understand it.

However 3 other reasons

Cant pass

Cant create

Cant Score

The three things we need

Plays midfield and i could think of one big reason not to sing him if he was to play in defence

He cant defend

Although its going back 5 years, he was arguably Brazil's best centreback in their WC2002 win, one of the best in the tournament, which naturally gets overlooked because hes Brazilian. It might not mean as much today with regards to his current performance levels, but quite clearly he knows how to defend and is pretty good at it.

I doubt hed be used by Big Sam as a centreback since his mobility/pace may have reduced somewhat in recent years meaning it may not be wise to have him in the last line of defence on a constant basis, which is probably why if he does play for Barca its in the anchor role only, but hes sharp enough defensively to do a good job for us in front of the defence, and should at the very least provide strong competition for Butt, who at the moment is virtually guaranteed a place in the side due to being the only experienced anchorman we have.

Look forward to him joining us next month, and with little to no transfer fee, its a worthwhile gamble.