Big Sam vs Eriksson,Toon choosed wrong or???

Guest Harry-Norway

What the hell's actually happening with Bianchi then? I thought he was supposed to be mint at the start of the season?

Sven says he's not settled.

Personally I think its because Sven doesnt think he's quick enough to play up front on his own.

Don't get it myself, he has looked like a quality player on the whole when he has played.

I think he's going to play today tho.

Sven's pedigree as a club manager was, and is, beyond reproach, so there can be no massive surprise that he is doing so well.

Although Speccy skated over it, Corluka cost £8m and Garrido, what, 2m? He has spent a lot of money, but that's only a problem if he has spent it badly and, with the exception of Bianchi, he hasn't.

Bojinov wasn't peanuts either.

Played what 1 game? then got TKO'd

The Journal has a good article with some good quotes from Allardyce this morning; it's worth a read and may give a few people a little more confidence regarding what he's trying to do here.

Read Here

“Resilience is the order; being determined to not let the opposition do what they want to do. To stop them, we’re playing away from home. We’re in the business of results so you’ve got to stop the opposition."

Is this meant to give us more confidence?

Guest tenbobnote

Sven has a simpler set up.  Sam has loads of staff and from the looks of their body language on the bench they are a problem.  What exactly is sam's role?  he's delegated everything he could, he even seems lost to make substitution changes, always referring to several coaches.  No one else has that nonsense.  Sven is coaching well, curbishley is coaching well.  where is Sam?  behind his staff  >:(

They have had about the same time in the manager chair,but City is top 3 and we are closer to be religated then top 6,Why??,they both have bought in a lot of new players,but it looks like The Swede know how to do it and Sam dont have the clue.

The awayform is very bad with both managers (1-2-3),but City is unbeaten at home (8-0-0).

Manchester C  14 matches 29 points

Newcastle   U  13 matches 18 points

City has met all the top teams,but we have only met Pool.

Anyway,we will never know,but if The Swede has been Toon Boss,were would we be today then????

Any thoughts???

“Resilience is the order; being determined to not let the opposition do what they want to do. To stop them, we’re playing away from home. We’re in the business of results so you’ve got to stop the opposition."

Is this meant to give us more confidence?

This gave me confidence in what he's trying to do.

“We haven’t played like Bolton since I got here and we haven’t tried to. My long-term vision is to play like Manchester United or Arsenal, but to grow a club like that will take five to ten years and certainly not six months. You can’t just build a team like that, it would cost £150m and that is not me sending a message to Mike Ashley, it’s just the way it is. Even if you spend £150m you couldn’t guarantee you would have a team like that.

“We are doing the best we can. Even when we were winning games at the start of the season we were conceding too many goals and making too many mistakes, but the results hid them for a while. That is what we are working on and trying to improve. The way the Premiership is, it’s far too great a task for players at a club like this to score three goals every game to win. We’ve got to work on our deficiencies and become more efficient.”

Guest tenbobnote

what i've concluded is that sam's staff is in conflict and that they contribute to poor decisions.  sam says part of the problem is that 'everyone is so new' that includes coach staff too.  they don't seem to be on the same page.

You've seen him talk to his coaches in the dug-out and you've concluded he delegates substitution decisions to them?  :lol:

“I’m not in this position because I don’t know what I’m doing. I’d never have got there in the first place (if I didn’t). I’m indifferent to criticism because I know what I’m doing. I’ve been doing it for 17 years as a manager, involved in all aspects of the game."

This is one fault I would definately pick with Big Sam. He needs to get over what he achieved at Bolton, climb down from a horse that shouldnt be that high in the first place. What he achieved at Bolton, which isnt as great as he constantly makes it out to be, is in the past. It bears little significance to us because that was at a totally different club in a different situation with different pressures.

Ruud Gullitt could have used a simliar bragging approach to defend his mistakes, after all he had won the FA Cup with Chelsea and managed to attract some talented players from Serie A, forming a very good team - but how relevant was what he achieved at Chelsea to the job he was doing for us?

Big Sam needs to prove with us that hes not just all talk, and he needs to adapt to what he currently has in order to avoid going down the same route as the likes of Gullit and Souness, managers who similarly started off by talking sense when first taking over. But in the same way as we're seeing with Allardyce right now, the philosophies and playing style that they were selling us off the pitch was actually light years away from what we were witnessing on it.

Bottom line is that we have played virtually nobody from the "big boys" and we have have been embarassingly bad - and getting WORSE.

What is it with Newcastle managers and playing people out of position when there is no need for it ?