Blackburn Rovers 3 - 1 Newcastle - 01/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

Just got back, watched it on dodgy satellite in a pub then went out drinking all night. I have to say, even though we lost we showed something that's been missing recently, fucking bite. Even after we'd conceded, we looked like we might get something, which is a change. I fully expected us to fold after they went ahead. But we went down to two Bentley goals that were unstoppable and one soft goal that was understandable cos we were trying to get back into the match. Even  though it was another nil point, I feel much more positive than I did after the last match.

I think we must accept that Given is too small and sadly isn't what he was.

Rubbish, even by your standards.

He gets beaten from distance with monotonous regularity.

No keeper in the world could have saved the free kick today.

If that makes it easier for you to accept then believe it.

Hmmmm ... we do seem to concede these 'amazing no keeper in the world could have stopped that' goals when Shay is in goal.

Elano, Pamarot, Gerrard and now 2 from Bentley.

You're right.  You'll be saying next that Harper would have saved them. 

I think Given has been making some weird decisions of late as to when to come out of his box.  He cannot blame all the defenders in front of him as he always has done because I think he has been equally culpable at times.  He has not been the same since the Harewood injury.

Got to say I think Joey Barton's words did the team - and perhaps the manager - a bit of good. They seemed to be out of their 'victim' mentality and playing with a lot more aggression. Plus the support sounded fantastic.

We were unlucky because at 1-1 we were by far the more likely team to score. Martins' chance was a bit more difficult than it might first look, but we had other chances as well. We lost the last two goals because our centre backs aren't very strong.

We also saw the real Joey Barton today. He was popping up everywhere, getting us on the front foot. Just needs to cut out the niggly fouls (ha ha some hope)

Please, Sam, for the next few games, just stick with this formation and (injuries permitting) this side. We were starting to look like a team out there.

Just got back, watched it on dodgy satellite in a pub then went out drinking all night. I have to say, even though we lost we showed something that's been missing recently, f****** bite. Even after we'd conceded, we looked like we might get something, which is a change. I fully expected us to fold after they went ahead. But we went down to two Bentley goals that were unstoppable and one soft goal that was understandable cos we were trying to get back into the match. Even  though it was another nil point, I feel much more positive than I did after the last match.

my sentiments exactly.

my 2 cents in relation to this match:

I'm not an Alan Smith fan and he didn't have that much this game but he looks much more comfortable playing forward (or is it just me that feels more comfortable?)

geremi is not the player he was

i'm a fan of rozenhal but what was wrong with him planting his feet in the ground and letting blackburn players past him?

where the hell was emre?

either way if we play like we did last night agains arsenal we might have a chance against them.

not sure if it's been said, but I thought Milner was very poor again today.

Yep, he is just too slow and rarely delivers a good ball.

Some people saying that was his best performance of the season, well if that is the case it more than proves the fact we need someone better on the right.