Fulham (a) Pre-Match Thread (15th December, 1715 KO)

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would like to see us go down and bum them in the face. Suspect we'll play more cagey long-ball stuff.

how exactly??? maybe im too naive

2 up front would be a start and less 'percentage football'. Keep it tight, when necessary, but counter quickly when the chance arises.

Would like to see us go down and bum them in the face. Suspect we'll play more cagey long-ball stuff.

how exactly??? maybe im too naive

2 up front would be a start and less 'percentage football'. Keep it tight, when necessary, but counter quickly when the chance arises.

sounds like a good plan. bum them in the face indeed. incidently, did you look at that album i told you to get?

Ah, Fulham away, definitely one of the best away days in my book.

Should be especially lovely on a crisp Saturday evening just before Christmas. Any of you wavering about going, go. They've got a neutral end (which just becomes an extra bit of away end with anyone who takes decent support) and it isn't a scary place to sit in home stands, either.

Lovely little ground, with the best setting of any PL ground.

Guest watersedge

We will make hard work of Fulham - I see quite an easy home win 3-0 with lots of errors and mistakes from the toon as usual

Someday it won't be like this any longer....  :smug:

went to this fixture last season when we lost 2-1. pigs on the gate wouldnt let me and my brother in for according to the scum being too drunk. ended up buying 2 tickets off some cockney and sitting in the home end. had to keep quiet when martins scored but game was already lost by then anyway. away win this season. 2-0

Should be especially lovely on a crisp Saturday evening just before Christmas. Any of you wavering about going, go. They've got a neutral end (which just becomes an extra bit of away end with anyone who takes decent support) and it isn't a scary place to sit in home stands, either.

yeah definately. what is it 6000 seats? as you say lovely place, no violence my favourite team other than newcastle. on top of that we may actually win an away game!! things worth considering- on transport for london website, district line tubes suspended between putney bridge (nearest stn) and wimbledon. dont know whether this includes putney bridge station. also, its likely to be pissing it down and the front 6 rows are uncovered (im in row 2). othe rthan that, get yourselves down here and raise the atmosphere!!

yeah definately. what is it 6000 seats? as you say lovely place, no violence my favourite team other than newcastle. on top of that we may actually win an away game!! things worth considering- on transport for london website, district line tubes suspended between putney bridge (nearest stn) and wimbledon. dont know whether this includes putney bridge station. also, its likely to be pissing it down and the front 6 rows are uncovered (im in row 2). othe rthan that, get yourselves down here and raise the atmosphere!!

Link? I was on that before I think and didn't see anything about it. bearing in mind it's the only way I can realistically get there thats a bit worrying.

Oh bugger off.  >:(

I was really torn about going and now the flights are too expensive.

The walk beside the river getting to the ground nice as well, especially on a nice day like it was last season.

The walk beside the river getting to the ground nice as well, especially on a nice day like it was last season.

Yes, we played down there in the spring last year. A few pints (in a pub away from the chanting hordes of other Villa fans), a spot of lunch, a stroll along the river to the ground, a nice atmosphere within, a lovely old Archibald Leitch stand, intelligent home fans, Krispy Kreme donuts sold in the away end, the cottage itself, it is a fantastic day out.

I've done 40-50 away grounds following the Villa, and CC is without a doubt my favourite day out (if you base it on the all-round package rather than the actual football experience)

Wullie - get it sorted, man. You won't regret it.

Meet at the Eight Bells just outside Putney Bridge tube. The line is suspended between there and Wimbledon apparently ^^ but if it is, that still means you can travel to Putney bridge. Which makes utter sense when TFL know there is a prem game on.

Going to be a good afternoons drinking, then a nice walk across the park along the Thames and then into their rickety shit bucket. Be a good following there i reckon. 

Link? I was on that before I think and didn't see anything about it. bearing in mind it's the only way I can realistically get there thats a bit worrying.

assomeone else said it might not be the case. if not you can walk from hammersmith or parsons green.

DO NOT walk from Hammersmith – it’s miles! The tube is open to Putney Bridge which is all you need to get to the ground. Surprised to hear so many people talk so highly of the game to be honest, was my least favourite away game last year but that’s probably due to the awful football we played and the fact it was the only game I took the missus to; safe to say she did not enjoy being ‘out in the cold in the winter’. Still, I’m looking forward to the game nonetheless, being that I have recently moved to Fulham so it’s not exactly far to go! What pub do people normally opt for? I know there are loads around the area…

DO NOT walk from Hammersmith – it’s miles! The tube is open to Putney Bridge which is all you need to get to the ground. Surprised to hear so many people talk so highly of the game to be honest, was my least favourite away game last year but that’s probably due to the awful football we played and the fact it was the only game I took the missus to; safe to say she did not enjoy being ‘out in the cold in the winter’. Still, I’m looking forward to the game nonetheless, being that I have recently moved to Fulham so it’s not exactly far to go! What pub do people normally opt for? I know there are loads around the area…

^^^ The Eight Bells.

I don't get all the people saying they want enrique at left back, Charlie up and milner right (at least for this game).. The left side against birmingham was amazing, Milner and Zog attacking, overlapping, taking turns in going through middle and down the line, Birm simply didn't know what to do against it and it created almost all of the momentum we had going for us. Plus I don't think Big Sam is as daft as to buy a highly regarded spanish player for multi millions and just put him in the game too quickly or keep him out the side entirely for no good reason, that would be calling Sam names he doesn't deserve just yet (Souness, Roeder anybody?)

I'm all for Jose becoming our first choice left back pretty soon just not at the moment, and I'm fairly confident Big Sam thinks so too and that he'll be a terrific player for us.

That being said, I think we'll play the same  side, with Faye instead of one of the CB's, if he's fit.