Another player 'set to sign'? Jonathan Walters from Ipswich? Nope.

Guest johnson293

Guest johnson293

From the BBC Rumours page...

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is set to sign Ipswich winger Jonathan Walters, despite selling the player when he was Bolton manager. (The Sun)

Anyone know anything about him?

Think this one may just be agent talk.

He is 24yrs old, has scored 9 goals in 22 league app this year. only signed for Ipswich in January.

in the last 5 years he has played for Ipswich, Chester Wrexham, Hull, Bolton and Blackburn. and has been on loan to Hull, Barnsley and Scunthorpe.

The move from Hull to Wrexham was to be closer to his family apparently.

Guest prestonj1989

Dont think he is good enough for the Premiership but is playing really well at the moment for Ipswich. He is the man everyone is talking about at the moment down here.

At 24 would surely be in the prem by now if he was good enough

I guess our thirst for youth & the next big thing makes a bit of here & now signing out of the question. It was only a few years ago people thought guys around 28 were in there prime, now you if you have not played top flight by 24 your classed as not good enough.

It is not that long ago England had late bloomers in there squad like Pearce, Wright, Sir Les & Warren 'Joey' Barton playing for them.

"He's got a physical presence about him and has an edge and a hunger and I like that in a player," Magilton told the club's official website.

"He has a terrific work ethic about him and has the desire to move forward and I'm sure he is at the right club to do that."

MAGPIES boss Sam Allardyce has insisted that he is not poised to make a move for Ipswich striker Jonathan Walters.

The 24-year-old was under Big Sam's stewardship at Bolton and has been linked with a January switch to Tyneside in recent days.

But the Toon gaffer says that the nine-goal frontman is not a player he is interested in bringing to United.

"I had Jonathan with me at Bolton Wanderers and I'm delighted that he's doing so well with Ipswich, but he's not someone I'm looking to bring here," said Allardyce.

While Sam added that 17-year-old Hungarian defender Tamas Kadar of Zalaegerszeg Torna Egylet is a player who is "not on his radar" at present.

MAGPIES boss Sam Allardyce has insisted that he is not poised to make a move for Ipswich striker Jonathan Walters.

The 24-year-old was under Big Sam's stewardship at Bolton and has been linked with a January switch to Tyneside in recent days.

But the Toon gaffer says that the nine-goal frontman is not a player he is interested in bringing to United.

"I had Jonathan with me at Bolton Wanderers and I'm delighted that he's doing so well with Ipswich, but he's not someone I'm looking to bring here," said Allardyce.

While Sam added that 17-year-old Hungarian defender Tamas Kadar of Zalaegerszeg Torna Egylet is a player who is "not on his radar" at present.

BADONKADONK!