Alan Smith

tmonkey

i wonder why people getting back on smith for being booed? he is old guy isn't it? if he getting booed he must manage that... he is not a children anymore... who need getting full support...

he must answer his own critics with his own play... if he's getting his head down because getting booed he doesn't have the mentality to be newcastle player whatsoever. Boo is just small critics...

thats a bit like saying don't try and put the opposition off or support your own team  as they are grown ups and it won't matter

for low mentality people... that which come up in their head... for sure

good grief

does supporting the team have any effect on the players ?

fans does support the team... they came up to stadium to watch them right? it already supporting... but if the player keep playing s**** week in and week out... does he not feel he is letting down the fans who come to support him at first place. on smith case he isn't help himself already by permanently poor playing over and over again. he doesn't look improve either from what he is..

no one denies that but is booing him onto the pitch going to aid him or his teammates ?

I'm not sure what it is with Newcastle fans and booing players in pre season. Dyer, Jenas, Butt and now Smith have had it in various games over the last few years.

Now I think Alan Smith is shite and the sooner he fucks off the better, but booing him achieves nothing positive on the pitch and makes us look like a bunch of fickle twats, it's a football match not a fucking pantomime.

Booing one of your own isn't going to make him play better and it's not going to give a lift to his team mates either.

When someone is this incompetent on the pitch, booing is always going to be an unfortunate side-effect, can't be helped

yes it can if you have the sense to ask. if i boo him will it have a........

a) positive effect on my team

or

b) a negative effect on my team

Booing is an indication of the fans' intentions. You mean the fans cannot let the feelings be known  even if it is reasonable?

If the team knows that the boos are directed at Alan Smith (I believe the team knows), would it have a negative effect still? I believe not. Like I said, booing in a reasonable and appropriate situation does help to encourage a person and a team. A person or a team with the correct mentality and attitude knows if they do reasonably badly, after hearing those boos, he/they ought to pull up their socks and work harder to prove otherwise. To sulk in a corner and be beaten by boos... that shows the mentality of the person/team.

And please don't treat the players or team like kids or keep them sheltered in a wonderland story... the world is not that nice to begin with... Either face it and live with it or die there alone.

Yes, indirectly, it may aid in getting Alan Smith to leave and be a player who does not serve his intended purposes.

When would it be appropriate situation?

i wonder why people getting back on smith for being booed? he is old guy isn't it? if he getting booed he must manage that... he is not a children anymore... who need getting full support...

he must answer his own critics with his own play... if he's getting his head down because getting booed he doesn't have the mentality to be newcastle player whatsoever. Boo is just small critics...

thats a bit like saying don't try and put the opposition off or support your own team  as they are grown ups and it won't matter

good grief

fans does support the team... they came up to stadium to watch them right? it already supporting... but if the player keep playing s**** week in and week out... does he not feel he is letting down the fans who come to support him at first place. on smith case he isn't help himself already by permanently poor playing over and over again. he doesn't look improve either from what he is..

no one denies that but is booing him onto the pitch going to aid him or his teammates ?

In another crude fashion, if he still does not pull up his socks over a series of matches after being encouraged or tolerated... booing Smith onto the pitch and getting Smith's teammates turning against him, blaming it on him, forcing him to leave in the process... why not?

His teammates know who the fans are booing at and if it's not them.. they will be more than relieved.

Duff has a fantastic pre-season... and look... fans are more than willing to embrace him again.

I think the main problem is that by booing any player it makes the fans as a whole look like a bunch of slack jawed idiots who would be more at place in the audience for a Big Brother eviction.

Its a football game for fucks sake, not a Christmas pantomime.

I still cringe when I see that often repeated footage on Sky of that tosser screaming at Allardyce.

Alan Smith is a player who has lost form, and probably won't get it back at this club. But thats it. At every club there is always going to be a player who isn't good enough to be in the team. The manager picks the team. Therefore you might as well boo Keegan for putting him on the pitch, if there are other options which mean Smith wouldn't play.

good grief

aid... if he & his teammates had the proper mentality for being a proper adult footballer

When someone is this incompetent on the pitch, booing is always going to be an unfortunate side-effect, can't be helped

or

Booing is an indication of the fans' intentions. You mean the fans cannot let the feelings be known  even if it is reasonable?

If the team knows that the boos are directed at Alan Smith (I believe the team knows), would it have a negative effect still? I believe not. Like I said, booing in a reasonable and appropriate situation does help to encourage a person and a team. A person or a team with the correct mentality and attitude knows if they do reasonably badly, after hearing those boos, he/they ought to pull up their socks and work harder to prove otherwise. To sulk in a corner and be beaten by boos... that shows the mentality of the person/team.

And please don't treat the players or team like kids or keep them sheltered in a wonderland story... the world is not that nice to begin with... Either face it and live with it or die there alone.

Yes, indirectly, it may aid in getting Alan Smith to leave and be a player who does not serve his intended purposes.

That is the correct question.

I will use the legal manner of answering this question. Legally a reasonableness/appropriateness will demand the 'reasonable man' test. As long as it is not grossly unreasonable to many, it is reasonable.

I listed an extreme example just now by saying if Newcastle United were to get relegated to Division 2 in 3 seasons, that would definitely warrant booing of the whole team. In fact, I certainly think booing will happen earlier than that.

I have also maintained that people booed Smith only a series of performance, not merely based on one. Tolerance has a limit. If the incentive method does not work, why not try the stick method. Besides, the team should know who the fans are booing at (it's not hard to know). Additionally, players should adopt the right mentality when booed and not sulk in a corner and do nothing.

Look at how many people is unhappy with Smith. The truth speaks for itself.

good grief

In another crude fashion, if he still does not pull up his socks over a series of matches after being encouraged or tolerated... booing Smith onto the pitch and getting Smith's teammates turning against him, blaming it on him, forcing him to leave in the process... why not?

His teammates know who the fans are booing at and if it's not them.. they will be more than relieved.

Duff has a fantastic pre-season... and look... fans are more than willing to embrace him again.

Fucking hell  :laugh:

So booing him makes his team mates turn against him forcing him to leave....

You couldn't make it up

or

That is the correct question.

I will use the legal manner of answering this question. Legally a reasonableness/appropriateness will demand the 'reasonable man' test. As long as it is not grossly unreasonable to many, it is reasonable.

I listed an extreme example just now by saying if Newcastle United were to get relegated to Division 2 in 3 seasons, that would definitely warrant booing of the whole team. In fact, I certainly think booing will happen earlier than that.

I have also maintained that people booed Smith only a series of performance, not merely based on one. Tolerance has a limit. If the incentive method does not work, why not try the stick method. Besides, the team should know who the fans are booing at (it's not hard to know). Additionally, players should adopt the right mentality when booed and not sulk in a corner and do nothing.

Look at how many people is unhappy with Smith. The truth speaks for itself.

Rightio. 

I'm out.  :lol:

good grief

f***ing hell  :laugh:

So booing him makes his team mates turn against him forcing him to leave....

You couldn't make it up

It's human psychology, isn't it?

Would you hate to go to school or work, if all (if not most) of your classmates or colleagues turn against you in school or at work?

Peer pressure is sometimes a very good weapon... the same with attacking/playing with a human being's mind.

It's harsh, it is cruel... but that's how it is in real world today. The world is not a bed of roses or a fairy tale if you imagine it to be one. The fittest survive. I am mostly advocating a pragmatic perspective to most matters instead of a morally correct view or a sympathetic view etc...

one good reason to boo smith is his fouls caused us to  lose the fair play league.

if the pc brigade in this thread are so offended by fans showing their displeasure, then they should persuade the club to set up an internet voting system for each players performance after each match.

otherwise STFU and realise its about the only way that players can be told whata cancer they are in the team.

Would you hate to go to school or work, if all (if not most) of your classmates or colleagues turn against you in school or at work?

Peer pressure is sometimes a very good weapon... the same with attacking/playing with a human being's mind.

It's harsh, it is cruel... but that's how it is in real world today. The world is not a bed of roses or a fairy tale if you imagine it to be one. The fittest survive. I am mostly advocating a pragmatic perspective to most matters instead of a morally correct view or a sympathetic view etc...

:jesuswept:

I'm not sure if that warrants a serious reply but....do you think his team mates will turn on him because some frustrated teenagers boo him?

one good reason to boo smith is his fouls caused us to  lose the fair play league.

if the pc brigade in this thread are so offended by fans showing their displeasure, then they should persuade the club to set up an internet voting system for each players performance after each match.

otherwise STFU and realise its about the only way that players can be told whata cancer they are in the team.

You absolute cretin. Nobody is offended by booing. The point is that some people realise that booing a player causes a negative atmosphere at a home game, even if you are not the player concerned. It therefore affects the team as a whole in a BAD way. Joey Barton got slammed last season for coming out and saying that the stick that Allardyce got last year affected the team as a whole. Allardyce was being booed, but it created a hostile, unsupportive atmosphere, and in that atmosphere it affects confidence and you might be less inclined to try and pick out and attacking pass, choosing instead to pick the safe option and pass it sideways. Its just human nature.

:jesuswept:

I'm not sure if that warrants a serious reply but....do you think his team mates will turn on him because some frustrated teenagers boo him?

Foremost, I do not think that it is merely some frustrated teenagers that booed him.

Secondly, while it would certainly be a very bold statement to say that all his team mates will turn on him, I would prefer to say that there will definitely be some team mates that will turn on him. To be honest, for myself, I do not like to be with incompetence in the same team. Either they improve (show their value) or they get out.

:lol:

Foremost, I do not think that it is merely some frustrated teenagers that booed him.

Secondly, while it would certainly be a very bold statement to say that all his team mates will turn on him, I would prefer to say that there will definitely be some team mates that will turn on him. To be honest, for myself, I do not like to be with incompetence in the same team. Either they improve (show their value) or they get out.

I'll be amazed if any of the players are moronic enough to turn on a mate because people boo him, I'd expect the opposite.

This argument to boo or not to boo can go on endlessly without a right or wrong answer. Everyone has made up their minds and dare I say is not ready to be convinvced otherwise. Those who dont want to boo dont have to, and those who want to boo can boo and risk looing silly in the process. Can't we just leave it at that? 

:lol:

:lol: this one is bang out of order.. boo yes... calling them cancer no....

He doesn't even attempt to score.

I think he does try but he's not capable of getting a shot on target for some reason.

A number of times in pre-season he had clear openings and opted to pass. Usually to the opposition.

I'll be amazed if any of the players are moronic enough to turn on a mate because people boo him, I'd expect the opposite.

You are entitled to your views for that.

I, on the other hand, do not think that it is moronic. I would just think that players are not that kind enough to tolerate another player who is grossly incompetent and is a burden to the whole team. Surely and fairly everybody deserves a chance to improve and prove otherwise, however there is a limit to tolerance.

You are entitled to your views for that.

I, on the other hand, do not think that it is moronic. I would just think that players are not that kind enough to tolerate another player who is grossly incompetent and is a burden to the whole team. Surely and fairly everybody deserves a chance to improve and prove otherwise, however there is a limit to tolerance.

I've got less of a problem with those who boo after a poor performance, booing before a poor performance is just daft.