Alan Smith

tmonkey

one thing I will say, nobody was complaining this much when Souness and Allardyce were booed

The incompetence deserves to be booed, criticised etc... It's a fact of life whether one can accept it or not. For those who does not, they are just lucky that they have met some nice people. It's a harsh world out there, not like a bed of roses for children or youths out there in school or being sheltered in the comfort of a happy family.

Bottom-line: Don't be an incompetence or make sure someone is always more incompetent than you (Blunt, harsh but true!)

Another advice: Getting booed or not... Don't let it get to you... It should be an encouragement to do even better, to prove others wrong! Letting the boos get to you, doing nothing does not help at all. The saying that time waits for no man doesn't help either.

Wow you're really full of shit. Good job.

i wonder why people getting back on smith for being booed? he is old guy isn't it? if he getting booed he must manage that... he is not a children anymore... who need getting full support...

he must answer his own critics with his own play... if he's getting his head down because getting booed he doesn't have the mentality to be newcastle player whatsoever. Boo is just small critics...

Guest Heneage

Where you from Juan? Japan? Just curious.

As for the Smith booing. I'd boo him, cos he comesout and says how well he wants to do then does fuck all when he comes on.

one thing I will say, nobody was complaining this much when Souness and Allardyce were booed

The incompetence deserves to be booed, criticised etc... It's a fact of life whether one can accept it or not. For those who does not, they are just lucky that they have met some nice people. It's a harsh world out there, not like a bed of roses for children or youths out there in school or being sheltered in the comfort of a happy family.

Bottom-line: Don't be an incompetence or make sure someone is always more incompetent than you (Blunt, harsh but true!)

Another advice: Getting booed or not... Don't let it get to you... It should be an encouragement to do even better, to prove others wrong! Letting the boos get to you, doing nothing does not help at all. The saying that time waits for no man doesn't help either.

Wow you're really full of s***. Good job.

Thank you. In all honesty, it is really a harsh world out there. I am merely offering another perspective, a very crude and harsh one at that.

If people scolds me, boos me, looks down on me... waiting for encouragement, thinking that I've done my best, thinking they should not do this or do that does not help at all, looking for excuses etc... Ultimately, I'm the only one who can stand up on my own.

i wonder why people getting back on smith for being booed? he is old guy isn't it? if he getting booed he must manage that... he is not a children anymore... who need getting full support...

he must answer his own critics with his own play... if he's getting his head down because getting booed he doesn't have the mentality to be newcastle player whatsoever. Boo is just small critics...

Exactly !

And to be fair, people booed him not based on one mere performance alone. It is over a series of matches and let us not forget that he is the chief culprit which led to many losses for us... Also, is it a coincidence that when he is not playing, we happen to be able to score and win the match? Most will err on the side of caution.

thats a bit like saying don't try and put the opposition off or support your own team  as they are grown ups and it won't matter

As for the Smith booing. I'd boo him, cos he comesout and says how well he wants to do then does f*** all when he comes on.

at some point you would boo the entire team then when they take to the pitch.

As for the Smith booing. I'd boo him, cos he comesout and says how well he wants to do then does f*** all when he comes on.

no, not the entire team.. just the strikers that get paid millions and struggle to make a successful pass all game, god forbid have an attempt off target..

No because they still have good moments, Taylor scoring etc. Smith is a walking contradiction.

players can score even while playing shit did you know ?

do you think it affects the rest of the team when one of their teammates gets booed coming on to the pitch ?

no, not the entire team.. just the strikers that get paid millions and struggle to make a successful pass all game, god forbid have an attempt off target..

under allardyce they did that regular enough...did you boo them onto the pitch ?

No because they still have good moments, Taylor scoring etc. Smith is a walking contradiction.

players can score even while playing s*** did you know ?

do you think it affects the rest of the team when one of their teammates gets booed coming on to the pitch ?

yeah, it must have a positive effect on those who realise that football is not about having a fancy haircut and a big wage

I have stated it before and I would like to reiterate my point:

To be fair, people booed Smith not based on one mere performance alone. It is over a series of matches and let us not forget that he is the chief culprit which led to many losses for us... Also, is it a coincidence that when he is not playing, we happen to be able to score and win the match? In any case, most of us will rather err on the side of caution and say yes, Smith is the weakest link.

Booing the entire team... why not if they severely falls behind reasonable expectation? i.e. Would you not booed at them if Newcastle United gets relegated to Division 2 in 3 seasons?

For the hideous amount of renumeration they get, they should be entirely prepared to endure all that and take it in the proper stride. Besides, I have said it again and again... it's a harsh world out there...

Footballers are not stupid people... Are they willing to accept lower renumeration in return for not getting booed? The answer is no. At the end of the day, pragmatic approach deserves pragmatic treatment in return. They are paid high renumeration (from whose money?), so they just got to live with it and move on.

thats a bit like saying don't try and put the opposition off or support your own team  as they are grown ups and it won't matter

for low mentality people... that which come up in their head... for sure

I have stated it before and I would like to reiterate my point:

To be fair, people booed Smith not based on one mere performance alone. It is over a series of matches and let us not forget that he is the chief culprit which led to many losses for us... Also, is it a coincidence that when he is not playing, we happen to be able to score and win the match? In any case, most of us will rather err on the side of caution and say yes, Smith is the weakest link.

Booing the entire team... why not if they severely falls behind reasonable expectation? i.e. Would you not booed at them if Newcastle United gets relegated to Division 2 in 3 seasons?

For the hideous amount of salary they get, they should be entirely prepared to endure all that and take it in the proper stride. Besides, I have said it again and again... it's a harsh world out there...

Footballers are not stupid people... Are they willing to accept lower renumeration in return for not getting booed? The answer is no. At the end of the day, pragmatic approach deserves pragmatic approach in return. They are paid high renumeration (from whose money?), so they just got to live with it and move on.

no-one denies he's been shite but is booing him onto the pitch going to make him play better or aid his teammates ?

and no i would not boo my team onto the pitch as it would be self defeating.

good grief

does supporting the team have any effect on the players ?

When someone is this incompetent on the pitch, booing is always going to be an unfortunate side-effect, can't be helped

yes it can if you have the sense to ask. if i boo him will it have a........

a) positive effect on my team

or

b) a negative effect on my team

Well, if you read my posts, I've reiterate many times... Smith doesn't get boo based on one mere performance alone. He gets booed because of a series of performance he has put in.

Based on your line of thought, we should try and support our own team even though they are severely under-performing (i.e. getting relegated to Division 2 after 3 seasons) and yet they are still being paid hideous amount of renumeration, at the same time, not delivering the appropriate but causes the team to repeatably lose? Is that what you really mean?

Of course, initially, we should give him encouragement (I believe we did) but after some time, if the encouragement does not work, why not try the stick method? If it still doesn't, is he worth keeping still since he has outlived or has never serve his intended purpose? By the way, respect is earned.

In fact, I think Smith is the only one in this unique situation at the moment. He is terrible to watch and has done nothing to prove us otherwise.

When someone is this incompetent on the pitch, booing is always going to be an unfortunate side-effect, can't be helped

or

a lot of people are convinced that if they boo it will presuade Keegan to get rid. And we all know that would be a good thing

Well, if you read my posts, I've reiterate many times... Smith doesn't get boo based on one mere performance alone. He gets booed because of a series of performance he has put in.

Based on your line of thought, we should try and support our own team even though they are severely under-performing (i.e. getting relegated to Division 2 after 3 seasons) and yet they are still being paid hideous amount of renumeration, at the same time, not delivering the appropriate but causes the team to repeatably lose? Is that what you really mean?

Of course, initially, we should give him encouragement (I believe we did) but after some time, if the encouragement does not work, why not try the stick method? If it still doesn't, is he worth keeping still since he has outlived or has never serve his intended purpose? By the way, respect is earned.

In fact, I think Smith is the only one in this unique situation at the moment. He is terrible to watch and has done to prove us likewise.

last season we had a run of terrible performances from the entire team...should we have booed them on to the pitch ? would this have had a beneficial effect ?

for smith for the last season think duff for the season before.

it's a team game and you are a fool if you think the other players don't give a toss when a team mate gets that sort of stick.

good grief

does supporting the team have any effect on the players ?

fans does support the team... they came up to stadium to watch them right? it already supporting... but if the player keep playing shite week in and week out... does he not feel he is letting down the fans who come to support him at first place. on smith case he isn't help himself already by permanently poor playing over and over again. he doesn't look improve either from what he is..

or

Booing is an indication of the fans' intentions. You mean the fans cannot let the feelings be known  even if it is reasonable?

If the team knows that the boos are directed at Alan Smith (I believe the team knows), would it have a negative effect still? I believe not. Like I said, booing in a reasonable and appropriate situation does help to encourage a person and a team. A person or a team with the correct mentality and attitude knows if they do reasonably badly, after hearing those boos, he/they ought to pull up their socks and work harder to prove otherwise. To sulk in a corner and be beaten by boos... that shows the mentality of the person/team.

And please don't treat the players or team like kids or keep them sheltered in a wonderland story... the world is not that nice to begin with... Either face it and live with it or die there alone.

Yes, indirectly, it may aid in getting Alan Smith to leave and be a player who does not serve his intended purposes.