predictions for the rest of the season and how we'll do a villa next season

ChrisJbarnes

right, theres a lot of talking about "fat sam out" etc. after taking 4 points from derby county home, derby county away, reading away, sunderland away, wigan away and boro away, so im going to predict the outcome of the rest of the results this season.

i think you'll agree i've been realistic but relatively optimistic. obviously anyones guess is as good as anyone elses but i think mine cant be too far off. ive gone with the theme that we'll lose most away games, drop a few points at home but get a couple of good results.

win: man city (H), bolton (H), boro (H), fulham (H), spurs (A), sunderland (H),

draw: man united (H), blackburn (H), birmingham (A), reading (H), west ham (A),

lose: chelsea (A), man united (A), arsenal (A), villa (A),  liverpool (A), portsmouth (A), chelsea (H), everton (A)

that would give us 49 points, an improvement on last season of 6, and by last seasons table,  that would give us 12th place, 1 point behind an 11th placed villa.

villa last season, who i believe were in a similar position to us now, got 50 points.

won: newcastle (H), reading (H), charlton (H), blackburn (H and A), everton (A), watford (H), west ham (H), boro (A), pompey (H), man city (A), sheff utd (H) =12

drawn: arsenal (A), west ham (A), watfrod (A), chelsea (H and A), spurs (H), fulham (H and A), wigan (H and A), boro (H), pompey (A), sheff utd (A), liverpool (H), everton (H), bolton (A)   =16

lost: liverpool (A), man city (H), bolton (H), man united (H and A), spurs (A), charlton (A), newcastle (A), reading (A), arsenal (H), = 10

they went on a 10 game unbeaten run at the start of the season, and finished with a 9 game undefeated run. the rest of the season, they only won 4 games!!!!

now they are a hard fixture, yet last season they only won 4 away games, and dropped points to watford, twice to fulham and twice to wigan, sheff utd , man city home (shambolic last season), and many others. 16 draws is a lot.

now, after finishing 11th last season, they are one of the threatening and entertaining teams to watch, and im sure they played some dross last season in the middle. i predict the same for us. we started off with a 5 game undefeated run, are now playing absolute bollocks and will probably finish strongly and will finish 8-12th. next season we will challenge for europe.

villa now are one of the exciting teams to watch, are stable, and are looking onwards and upwards. i bet there were people calling for MON's head after 4 wins in 19 games!

so, thats why we need to stick with sam allardyce for this season. its the strong finish and the turn around we need now, we are going through the crap period. you cant expect instant success unless you a russian with rubels flowing out your pants.

hope if anyone could actually be arsed to read this, you agree, and you understand why we need stability. if any of the stats are wrong, feel free to change them.

now debate whether or not you agree, and what this season will bring!!

Guest The Libertine

we are currently the worst team ever and probably wont score another goal for a few days, then mourinho will take over and we'll win the league!!

he wants the job and he'd win us everything so why not?

it's a "period" thats lasted since august

well my point is that villa were at one point down to 16th last season i think, and now look.

we had a pretty good albeit short start and i believe we will pick up next seaon.

Didnt Villa just draw a ridiculous amount of games last season?

Not sure if they were consistently losing and being out played by the poorest teams in the league...

over to Brummie for clarification....

Guest The Libertine

we are currently the worst team ever and probably wont score another goal for a few days, then mourinho will take over and we'll win the league!!

Oh shut up.

if you're annoyed by that then dont read any threads on this forum.

well my point is that villa were at one point down to 16th last season i think, and now look.

we had a pretty good albeit short start and i believe we will pick up next seaon.

Not sure if they were consistently losing and being out played by the poorest teams in the league...

yes, they drew 16, but like us, they dropped points to the poorest of teams.

won 4 away games, lost 4 home games.

Oh shut up.

Look you're not funny, your sarcasm is boring.

Guest The Libertine

Oh shut up.

Look you're not funny, your sarcasm is boring.

not trying to be funny, im just fitting in. im not a "face" on here so i have no real opinion on anything, so i follow others now.

Guest The Libertine

Noone thinks Mourinho is coming and noone posts like that so I don't know who you're trying to impersonate. You obviously think Sam needs time or whatever, just say that rather than boring s****.

i beg to differ.

under allardyce i dont think we will do as well as your saying

i dont see us winning away from home again this season

we need at least 6 new players in january but this wont happen

we are due a hammering, maybe chelsea on saturday?  >:(

We will NOT 'do a Villa' next season if Allardyce is still the manager - his teams have NEVER played as well as O'Neill's sides ; Villa have a few decent young players, we only have N'Zogbia and Taylor who could be classed as anything like the standard of youngster they have, and I bet they wouldn't swap Young or Agbonlahor for Zog or Martins....

The difference with Villa is they have a crop of good home grown youngsters from their excellent youth policy.

It is a good job we have a few points in the bag. This team we have could go down, some of the results have shown relegation form, it really is that bad.

Still sick to death

Doug

What a load of crap

What a load of crap

sadly i dont think it is. bar Bolton, nothing we have done away from hom has suggested that we are likely to pick up maximum points anywhere. got to hope lady luck is on our side

Didn't lose very often, just didn't win that many.

Start of the season was awesome, last unbeaten team in any of the divisions, then that awful spell (although to be honest, in some of those games we got nothing from, we played very well), then a 9 or 10 unbeaten run at the end of the season.

Things definitely picked up at the end of last season though - now lost 1 away game since February, for example. But there is no getting away from it, that bad run in mid season was desperate at times.