The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Parky

''Sam Allardyce was scathing of his players after this defeat and said he was not happy to have his future as Newcastle United manager in their hands. "It was a poor performance," he said. "We couldn't cope with Wigan being high-tempo and hard-working. Some of our players have not lived up to their reputation. The front players have not held the ball up and the creative players have not created. Today the appetite to beat the opposition was not there. I'm not happy to have my future in their hands. We can't shrivel up and die under pressure."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,2232370,00.html

What ho chaps?

Blaming the players is a bad sign imo. I can't see it helping his relationship with them and once you lose the dressing room it's only a matter of time.

Guest Ridzuan

Blaming the players is a bad sign imo. I can't see it helping his relationship with them and once you lose the dressing room it's only a matter of time.

I agree.He can blame the players all he wants,they should also take some responsibility for the current situation too but I dont think telling his feelings about the players in public would do him any good.I dont know if he actually said that,if he didnt,then I expect he to come out and say that his words were misinterpreted and bla bla bla.

We don't know whether those are wise words until we see how the players react.

If they react well, it is good man-management.

If they react badly, it is the end of Allardyce.

Its the beginning of the end.

This should have been kept within the walls of SJP.

If only he had added this statement with "and I think I made some mistakes in my team selection which led to the general performance". At least the players would have seen that he is with them; but to seperate himself from blame..... not the best move in the world.

I think anyone that has paid any attention to my posts will realise I'm all for giving Big Sam some time, But blaming players is a really bad move in my opinion.

In the old days you could just put the lazy cunts on the transfer list....Now when they are dropped they just go down the Bentley garage.

I dont mind people having pop at eachother at all the likes of Sir Alex & Keane were never slow in rollocking in Man Utd player when it needed doing.

''Men at some time are masters of their fate"

Nice bit of shakesphere a little dry for me though :razz:

I dont mind people having pop at eachother at all the likes of Sir Alex & Keane were never slow in rollocking in Man Utd player when it needed doing.

:razz:

This is Sam's Shakespeare moment.

Sam should remember the wise words of General Douglas MacArthur:

"Never give an order that can't be obeyed."

blueyes.gif

But...

"Honest plain words best pierce the ear of grief"

Guest Stephen927

Yes, players have been underperforming, but it is also some of Sam's own doing, with these negative tactics, playing to contain rather than show the opposition what we can offer.

For me, playing arguably our most creative and attacking midfielder in defence while the lad you've just paid £6.3m and is our only true left back is warming the bench is bad management. Why not really test the lad's mettle by letting him have a run of Premiership games, then we can have N'Zogbia either through the middle of midfield or on the left flank, and Milner in his true position (in my opinion), on the right flank.

Allardyce also has to take flak for how slow his midfield is due to not playing Enrique and persisting with N'Zogbia in defence when his true talent lies in running at defenders and creating opportunities for his team mates.

Howay man Sam, I believe you need time to turn this club's fortunes around, but you're really shooting yourself in the foot with a lot of your decisions. Just stop being so stubborn and actually learn from your mistakes, it's not hard.  :crazy2:

blueyes.gif

But...

"A friendly eye could never see such faults"

blueyes.gif

But...

"A friendly eye could never see such faults"

"We're Shit and we're sick of it"

Considering the players, fans, media and now probably owners think its his fault due to his shite formations, selections and tactics, passing the buck onto the players is not going to go down well with them. Whatever little support he had, he's just lost, its time for him to go.

Sam Allardyce: England were right to turn you down, even Barwick saw how one dimensional you are, and you have failed to prove you are a top manager, now kindly fuk off and take a ride in to oblivion.