NUFC restored as everyones favourite second team

Guest Brazilianbob

ALL professional footballers should be able to pass and control the ball. Under near enough every condition. For me, if they cannot do it then they shouldnt be in the game

Of course they arent going to do it every time, humans just cant do that but our team seem incapable of doing it to any kind of professional consistently.

Plus, I dont think any of our players are "lesser gifted" which means they arent being encouraged to play any kind of passing/possession game.

Well, if you deem the majority of Newcastle United first team not bein able to control and pass the ball, then how do you see the vast vast vast majority of professional footballers who earn a living by playing football in all over the world, including those in Iraq, Malaysia, Spain or England?

Shola Ameobi not a professional footballer then, despite scoring quite some goals in Premiership? Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard not professional footballers then, despite representing England National Football Team countless times?

I think you are living in a fallacy with your own fancy definition of professional footballers, you are out of touch with the real world and your opinions on football should not be heeded henceforth.

I honestly havent a clue what that is meant to be telling me

Don't worry, Delima often just picks up the wrong end of an argument, then runs around making aeroplane noises until a grown-up comes and collects him.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3006596,00.html (good article) read this and take notice on my signature. Some posts on these pages are very true and very down to earth :thup: Expecting us to preform better than we do is b***s***. To be honest, at times I hate Allardyce (the games that we loose), but before I know it, luckily enough, I still believe he's the right man to turn things around.... given time

At least the manager and players are on good terms eh

:iamatwat:

Well, you know Decky, my forum friend, Newcastle are utter shit. I for one, can't defend their so-called 'good' performance (i.e. Arsenal), that's the sort of performance I expect every match. The reason for my expectations are simply that with the players we have (squad) and the wages they get, one should really expect them, as professionals, to fight in every single match.... other teams do.... just look at Derby... who are rock-bottom...or portsmouth... :clap:

I'd say we should give Allardyce atleast a season. You know, it's fair, and for us (the fans) he can really prove his ambitions and true ability. We should only get rid of him if that's the requirement to have Ashley spend some big money.

ALL professional footballers should be able to pass and control the ball. Under near enough every condition. For me, if they cannot do it then they shouldnt be in the game

Of course they arent going to do it every time, humans just cant do that but our team seem incapable of doing it to any kind of professional consistently.

Plus, I dont think any of our players are "lesser gifted" which means they arent being encouraged to play any kind of passing/possession game.

Well, if you deem the majority of Newcastle United first team not bein able to control and pass the ball, then how do you see the vast vast vast majority of professional footballers who earn a living by playing football in all over the world, including those in Iraq, Malaysia, Spain or England?

Shola Ameobi not a professional footballer then, despite scoring quite some goals in Premiership? Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard not professional footballers then, despite representing England National Football Team countless times?

I think you are living in a fallacy with your own fancy definition of professional footballers, you are out of touch with the real world and your opinions on football should not be heeded henceforth.

I honestly havent a clue what that is meant to be telling me

Don't worry, Delima often just picks up the wrong end of an argument, then runs around making aeroplane noises until a grown-up comes and collects him.

mackems.gif

not sure which direction that conversaion went but....

my original comment was that the complaint with our team at the minute is that they appear to not be able to pass the ball simply to each other.

That suggests to me that the coaching going on day in day doesnt not allow the players to develop their basic footballs skills and they are not encouraged to pass the ball - hence when it come to match, pressure situations, we simply cannot function.

My comment of ALL professional players should be able to pass the ball to each other was in response to your justification that some simply arent very good at it. Well if they arent then they shouldnt be in the pro game.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3006596,00.html (good article) read this and take notice on my signature. Some posts on these pages are very true and very down to earth :thup: Expecting us to preform better than we do is b***s***. To be honest, at times I hate Allardyce (the games that we loose), but before I know it, luckily enough, I still believe he's the right man to turn things around.... given time

Well, you know Decky, my forum friend, Newcastle are utter shit. I for one, can't defend their so-called 'good' performance (i.e. Arsenal), that's the sort of performance I expect every match. The reason for my expectations are simply that with the players we have (squad) and the wages they get, one should really expect them, as professionals, to fight in every single match.... other teams do.... just look at Derby... who are rock-bottom...or portsmouth... :clap:

I'd say we should give Allardyce atleast a season. You know, it's fair, and for us (the fans) he can really prove his ambitions and true ability. We should only get rid of him if that's the requirement to have Ashley spend some big money.

Allardyce is NOT new to the league.

Allardyce should NOT be unaware of what type of players do well in this league.

Allardyce is NOT new to scouting players for this league.

Allardyce is NOT new to coaching players in this league.

Allardyce has spent £25m on players of HIS choice. Mainly shit.

Allardyce is now turning on the players HE bought/selects/trains.

Allardyce has shown himself to be tactically inflexible and stupid.

Allardyce has repeatedly selected the WRONG players and formations.

Allardyce gave the captaincy to a player who had NEVER played for us. And who has been shit.

Allardyce has since given the cpataincy to a player HE bought, who is shit.

Allardyce should NOT be our manager, should NOT be given any more money.

Allardyce is NOT the man for us, and keeping him in his job is NOT consistency, other than showing us to be consistently stupid.

Allardyce gave the captaincy to a player who had NEVER played for us. And who has been shit.

Allardyce is NOT the man for us, and keeping him in his job is NOT consistency, other than showing us to be consistently stupid.

All correct and very valid. The most poignant being the one I have bolded

Today, the fat idiot is reported as saying he is "unhappy" that his job rests in the hands of the players. What a fucking wanker. He ought to try being from Newcastle, and seeing his club in the hands of a second-rate, inflexible, overrated long ball merchant.

Today, the fat idiot is reported as saying he is "unhappy" that his job rests in the hands of the players. What a fucking wanker. He ought to try being from Newcastle, and seeing his club in the hands of a second-rate, inflexible, overrated long ball merchant.

Aye thats a fucking scandalous thing to say. Not quite sure how he can walk into training and look his players in the eye after that

Aye thats a fucking scandalous thing to say. Not quite sure how he can walk into training and look his players in the eye after that

Every game i go to, every time i hear him sput off, every time i analyse how shite we are, he looks more and more like a fat, gum chewing Souness.

I've been getting texts off West Ham fans calling us shit. WEST HAM FANS!!!!! Enough is enough, sack the fat cunt NOW, before the Reading fans turn on us as well!

Well, you know Decky, my forum friend, Newcastle are utter s***. I for one, can't defend their so-called 'good' performance (i.e. Arsenal), that's the sort of performance I expect every match. The reason for my expectations are simply that with the players we have (squad) and the wages they get, one should really expect them, as professionals, to fight in every single match.... other teams do.... just look at Derby... who are rock-bottom...or portsmouth... :clap:

Allardyce has spent £25m on players of HIS choice. Mainly s***.

Allardyce gave the captaincy to a player who had NEVER played for us. And who has been s***.

Allardyce has since given the cpataincy to a player HE bought, who is s***.

Okey... but he also sold some players, he was appointed by Shepard not Mort & Ashley, and considering the fact that we were in "take over"-talks which took ages to complete (and he can't be blamed for that), his future at that time was rather uncertain. And it's hard for a professional, yes even an experienced and professional manager like Allardyce, to stay focused on his job, when he doesn't know wether he will have the job tomorrow or not... or wether he will have the support from the people around him.

The truth is, we are so far behind the top four that I hardly can see us ever catching up.. but if we are to try, and I believe we should... we need to be patient...consistency doesn't grow 'over night' (not defending our recent performance, cause it's been utter shit)... but if the fans stands behind the team and tries to motivate and see the positive things, that would be faaaaaaar better than constantly criticizing....

Well, you know Decky, my forum friend, Newcastle are utter s***. I for one, can't defend their so-called 'good' performance (i.e. Arsenal), that's the sort of performance I expect every match. The reason for my expectations are simply that with the players we have (squad) and the wages they get, one should really expect them, as professionals, to fight in every single match.... other teams do.... just look at Derby... who are rock-bottom...or portsmouth... :clap:

Allardyce has spent £25m on players of HIS choice. Mainly s***.

Allardyce gave the captaincy to a player who had NEVER played for us. And who has been s***.

Allardyce has since given the cpataincy to a player HE bought, who is s***.

Okey... but he also sold some players, he was appointed by Shepard not Mort & Ashley, and considering the fact that we were in "take over"-talks which took ages to complete (and he can't be blamed for that), his future at that time was rather uncertain. And it's hard for a professional, yes even an experienced and professional manager like Allardyce, to stay focused on his job, when he doesn't know wether he will have the job tomorrow or not... or wether he will have the support from the people around him.

The truth is, we are so far behind the top four that I hardly can see us ever catching up.. but if we are to try, and I believe we should... we need to be patient...consistency doesn't grow 'over night' (not defending our recent performance, cause it's been utter shit)... but if the fans stands behind the team and tries to motivate and see the positive things, that would be faaaaaaar better than constantly criticizing....

So not being HONEST about our players will suddenly make them good enough? Get to fuck will it. Its not OUR fault that the players and manager are not up to it, and its fucking offensive to allude that it is.

Consistency does NOT mean putting up with shit like Allardyce, by the way. We need to give the RIGHT manager time, yes, But not the clearly WRONG one.

And i don't care what he recouped. HE SPENT £25M ON PLAYERS THAT HE WANTED. thats a fact. Amd they've been shite, like he is.

fair enough, it's you opinion... however, we have to stick with him atm anyway, not many quality managers are available and willing to take over.... Mourinho won't come, Van Gaal... nope...  the ones most of you want to get is not available or willing to take the job..... easy as that...

Sorry to disappoint you, but this club is looking more like dreamcastle - the real 'DREAMteam'  :iamatwat:

If he changes the tactic from 433 back to 442, and stops playing players out of pos. we would perform better.

fair enough, it's you opinion... however, we have to stick with him atm anyway, not many quality managers are available and willing to take over.... Mourinho won't come, Van Gaal... nope...  the ones most of you want to get is not available or willing to take the job..... easy as that...

Sorry to disappoint you, but this club is looking more like dreamcastle - the real 'DREAMteam'  :iamatwat:

If he changes the tactic from 433 back to 442, and stops playing players out of pos. we would perform better.

Firstly, he doesn't play 433, thats a myth.

Secondly, there ARE many, many better managers than Fat Sam out there, and if we can't get one of them, we're in serious trouble.

Firstly, he doesn't play 433, thats a myth.

Secondly, there ARE many, many better managers than Fat Sam out there, and if we can't get one of them, we're in serious trouble.

The outlined part is actually a fact, my friend. Only way to solve it, is for Ashley to go mad like abramovich and f***ing buy us a decent team... that is also a fact! Cause that's how football works today :) I'd hate us for breaking the long tradition of buying domestic players, using shitty locals and so on... but at some point.. I couldn't care less if man utd, l'pool, Chelski, Arsenal or whatever side called us a billionaire-composed team...

Guest LucaAltieri

I think some of you need to get a grip.

These "shite" players he's brought in, for many of them, they're still adapting to the premiership.

Lets not forget that before Sam took over we were down to the bare bones. Then Sam cleared out a lot of the deadwood. Allardyce must have been shitting bricks over the summer when trying to get the numbers up.

Ashley seems reluctant to back Sam this season... our net spend hasn't been huge. That's even before you factor in getting the likes of Dyer off the books.

With those things in mind he's gone after players he thought could do a job for Newcastle without breaking the bank. Players like Geremi, Barton, Viduka and Smith who have premiership experience and were available on the cheap. Geremi and Smith also being utility players.

Our backline has been mostly made up of cheap imports who are going to take time to adapt. Beye looks a good buy. Faye was definitely a good buy. You can't doubt the quality of Cacapa, he just needs time. Rozenhal has looked good in bursts but may not cut it in the end.

You can see exactly what Sam has tried to do. He's trying to make sure that we have a squad that will see us through the season... in doing so, he hasn't created a set-up with a top quality starting 11.

So:

Yes, we're playing shite football.

Yes, the results could be better.

BUT, given the situation with money/Mort's backing/internal review nonsense, the unattractive prospect Newcastle pose, and the number of players he had to clear out you'd say he's doing alright.

We also know that a lot of the players he's signed haven't been his first choice but you have to imagine that the need to sign anyone forced his hand a bit.

If the ship is steadied this season with a finish anywhere between 8th and 14th place then the right signings are made over the summer (and possibly January) that build on top of the squad players he's already brought in, and our backline start to pull together (hey, I can dream), I think we may be looking at a different situation next season.

The world and his dog know that we need a creative force in the side. Sam will know that too. So long as Mort has a list of players on his desk to work on signing that will rememdy the problem; Sam stays as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Brazilianbob

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Ashley to spend big in January.  Mort said earlier this week that they wouldn't spend what they don't have and that the club would have to generate the cash to spend, so that means sell to buy or wait until the season ticket money comes in next season.

If thats the case I have a strong gut feeling that fatty will be disappointed with his transfer budget if he is still here next summer, because no one is going to renew to see the sh*t Allardyce serves up.  I don't even watch them on the telly anymore because I know I would put my foot through the screen in frustration at the banal tactics he employs, and I might add he is the sole champion of those tactics because no other manager worth their salt would want to be associated with them.

These "s****" players he's brought in, for many of them, they're still adapting to the premiership.

Lets not forget that before Sam took over we were down to the bare bones. Then Sam cleared out a lot of the deadwood. Allardyce must have been shitting bricks over the summer when trying to get the numbers up.

Ashley seems reluctant to back Sam this season... our net spend hasn't been huge. That's even before you factor in getting the likes of Dyer off the books.

With those things in mind he's gone after players he thought could do a job for Newcastle without breaking the bank. Players like Geremi, Barton, Viduka and Smith who have premiership experience and were available on the cheap. Geremi and Smith also being utility players.

Our backline has been mostly made up of cheap imports who are going to take time to adapt. Beye looks a good buy. Faye was definitely a good buy. You can't doubt the quality of Cacapa, he just needs time. Rozenhal has looked good in bursts but may not cut it in the end.

You can see exactly what Sam has tried to do. He's trying to make sure that we have a squad that will see us through the season... in doing so, he hasn't created a set-up with a top quality starting 11.

So:

Yes, we're playing s**** football.

BUT, given the situation with money/Mort's backing/internal review nonsense, the unattractive prospect Newcastle pose, and the number of players he had to clear out you'd say he's doing alright.

We also know that a lot of the players he's signed haven't been his first choice but you have to imagine that the need to sign anyone forced his hand a bit.

If the ship is steadied this season with a finish anywhere between 8th and 14th place then the right signings are made over the summer (and possibly January) that build on top of the squad players he's already brought in, and our backline start to pull together (hey, I can dream), I think we may be looking at a different situation next season.

The world and his dog know that we need a creative force in the side. Sam will know that too. So long as Mort has a list of players on his desk to work on signing that will rememdy the problem; Sam stays as far as I'm concerned.

You're over complicating what's wrong.

It's not his players and it's not the players he's taken over, it's his tactics and formations.  Going to Wigan and fielding 4-5-1 is shit, simple but true.

Guest LucaAltieri

These "s****" players he's brought in, for many of them, they're still adapting to the premiership.

So:

It's not his players and it's not the players he's taken over, it's his tactics and formations.  Going to Wigan and fielding 4-5-1 is shit, simple but true.

Not especially... as I've stated before, under Bruce Wigan have generally looked a decent side. Our away form is shambollic... was well before Allardyce arrived, too. Setting up to not conceed is the right way to go about things. If we'd come away with a 0-0 it wouldn't have been a bad result all things considered.

Arsenal won a title on the back of clean sheets... its definately something our limited side should be aiming for (clean sheets, that is). I think the bigger issue is the length of time it is taking our defence to settle and the ease at which we keep letting in goals.

If Sam had set us up to go out attacking and we'd lost 4-1 would that have been a better result?

So:

Not especially... as I've stated before, under Bruce Wigan have generally looked a decent side. Our away form is shambollic... was well before Allardyce arrived, too. Setting up to not conceed is the right way to go about things. If we'd come away with a 0-0 it wouldn't have been a bad result all things considered.

Arsenal won a title on the back of clean sheets... its definately something our limited side should be aiming for (clean sheets, that is). I think the bigger issue is the length of time it is taking our defence to settle and the ease at which we keep letting in goals.

If Sam had set us up to go out attacking and we'd lost 4-1 would that have been a better result?

But when are these clean sheets going to appear. We cant defend for shit and have not improved one iota since Sam arrived - a fact that utterly staggers me.

Its cliched but if we had gone out to attack at least we would have gone down fighting and would show the fans that somewhere, the attidue is correct