The Missing Link?

Keefaz

Just thinking today about Mike Forde. Forde was Performance Director at Bolton under Sam and was described as his 'secret weapon'. You can read a bit more about him at the Guardian. Sam failed in his attempts to bring him here from Bolton as he eventually ended up at Chelsea, although he was successful in bringing in his other main man Mark Taylor who is our Head of Sports Science.

I wonder if Big Sam's attempts to recreate his Bolton environment have failed because he's missing a big cog in his management machine? Forde not only scouted for new, innovative ideas he was also the man who took care of the backroom staff and their training, as well as performing a Sports Psychologist role.

Now get HTT to rewrite this in 10,000 words.

Just thinking today about Mike Forde. Forde was Performance Director at Bolton under Sam and was described as his 'secret weapon'. You can read a bit more about him at the Guardian. Sam failed in his attempts to bring him and from Bolton as he eventually ended up at Chelsea, although he was successful in bringing in his other main man Mark Taylor who is our Head of Sports Science.

I wonder if Big Sam's attempts to recreate his Bolton environment have failed because he's missing a big cog in his management machine? Forde not only scouted for new, innovative ideas he was also the man who took care of the backroom staff and their training, as well as performing a Sports Psychologist role.

Could be the reason Avram Grants initial period in charge has gone better than most people expected

Allardyce was ahead of his time with the Sports Science approach but everyone else seems to have cottoned on to it (Newcastle typically being one of the last).  Probably doesn't offer much of an advantage any more - just a case of keeping us on a level with other clubs.

Just thinking today about Mike Forde. Forde was Performance Director at Bolton under Sam and was described as his 'secret weapon'. You can read a bit more about him at the Guardian. Sam failed in his attempts to bring him and from Bolton as he eventually ended up at Chelsea, although he was successful in bringing in his other main man Mark Taylor who is our Head of Sports Science.

Could be the reason Avram Grants initial period in charge has gone better than most people expected

Grant will fail as Chelsea manager, he started scratching his head as soon as Villa scored yesterday. A big name man is bound to come in the summer.

Guest Sniffer

Doesn't explain why decent players at other clubs turn out to be shite when they sign for us. Like overnight they forget how to pass a ball on the ground.

Guest The Libertine

Maybe we're doing badly because Fat Sam isn't good enough? Just a crazy thought. Lets stop making excuses, and admit it. He's not the one for us.

out of interest, who IS the one for us?

"Grant will fail as Chelsea manager, he started scratching his head as soon as Villa scored yesterday. A big name man is bound to come in the summer."

Then why did Chelsea give Grant a long term contract?

Because when RA decides he knows best which players to play and where to play them, Grant will put up with it, I suspect.

Guest The Libertine

Maybe we're doing badly because Fat Sam isn't good enough? Just a crazy thought. Lets stop making excuses, and admit it. He's not the one for us.

f*** knows. But i know who it isn't. It isn't a poor manager like Allardyce.

you really need to change your act. its very tedious.

"Grant will fail as Chelsea manager, he started scratching his head as soon as Villa scored yesterday. A big name man is bound to come in the summer."

Then why did Chelsea give Grant a long term contract?

Because when RA decides he knows best which players to play and where to play them, Grant will put up with it, I suspect.

He'll be moved back upstairs and I reckon Ten Cate (however you spell it) or Van Basten will be up next. They have a pretty big Dutch contingent already anyway.

So is Graham Norton's but he still gets his own TV show

So you think Allardyce is good enough, do you?

Oh, and if you want tedious, try actually going to a NUFC match. Then you will also have at least some idea what you're talking about. Good luck.

So is Graham Norton's but he still gets his own TV show

I'm not wearing gold lame. Not again.

Guest The Libertine

Oh, and if you want tedious, try actually going to a NUFC match. Then you will also have at least some idea what you're talking about. Good luck.

yes. the whole "this is shite" "thats shite" "he's shite" thing really does you no favours at all. its quite pathetic really. i'd bet my life on you being totally different in real life.

and ive been to at least 100 games in my lifetime. but of course i dont know what im on about because everything is shite and such and you know more than me.

yes. the whole "this is shite" "thats shite" "he's shite" thing really does you no favours at all. its quite pathetic really. i'd bet my life on you being totally different in real life.

and ive been to at least 100 games in my lifetime. but of course i dont know what im on about because everything is shite and such and you know more than me.

So - is Allardyce the man for us? Simple question, yes or no.

Guest The Libertine

yes. the whole "this is s****" "thats s****" "he's s****" thing really does you no favours at all. its quite pathetic really. i'd bet my life on you being totally different in real life.

and ive been to at least 100 games in my lifetime. but of course i dont know what im on about because everything is s**** and such and you know more than me.

ive just said i think so. but im definitely wrong arent i. its ok, you can say it. i've got broad shoulders.

yes. the whole "this is s****" "thats s****" "he's s****" thing really does you no favours at all. its quite pathetic really. i'd bet my life on you being totally different in real life.

and ive been to at least 100 games in my lifetime. but of course i dont know what im on about because everything is s**** and such and you know more than me.

ive just said i think so. but im definitely wrong arent i. its ok, you can say it. i've got broad shoulders.

Yes, IN MY OPINION you are wrong. All evidence points to that being the case, clearly.

Guest The Libertine

Yes, IN MY OPINION you are wrong. All evidence points to that being the case, clearly.

i knew i was wrong. im shite arent i?

Are you Gemmil and Co in disguise, get off the fence

i knew i was wrong. im shite arent i?

I don't know, i've never seen you play.

But if you think Allardyce is the man for us, I can only imagine that none of your 100 games were recent.

Guest The Libertine

i knew i was wrong. im s**** arent i?

I don't know, i've never seen you play.

But if you think Allardyce is the man for us, I can only imagine that none of your 100 games were recent.

this is pointless. you just keep saying everythings shite and laughing at everyone elses opinion. apparently its the way it works around here.