Alex Ferguson thinks we are all nuts

KaKa

Regardless of how you rate Big Sam, the point that Ferguson is making about the expectations of the majority of fans is right. A lot of people were talking like we should go to Wigan and win comfortably. Sorry, but Wigan aren't that bad and we're not that good. Only a top four club can look at Wigan away like that. Some people still have their heads in the Keegan era.

Howay man. Did you see the Wigan game or what? Or the Derby game? Fulham? Derby away? sunderland?

These are teams that get humiliated on a regular basis and we huffed and puffed in an attempt to get a point against all of them.

Once is fine, twice is tolerable, but every bloody week?

Wullie, lower your expectations, you're expecting too much.

For the last three seasons we've been a mid-table side that has had the occaisonal flirtation with the relegation zone. That's the reality and that's not going to be turned around quickly.

Of the sides mentioned, Derby are the only ones who are really poor. An away game against the others isn't a cakewalk for a midtable side.

I'm not saying Big Sam hasn't made mistakes. He's finding out about the players and has probably made too many changes. But he's got to be given more than half a season.

Regardless of how you rate Big Sam, the point that Ferguson is making about the expectations of the majority of fans is right. A lot of people were talking like we should go to Wigan and win comfortably. Sorry, but Wigan aren't that bad and we're not that good. Only a top four club can look at Wigan away like that. Some people still have their heads in the Keegan era.

Howay man. Did you see the Wigan game or what? Or the Derby game? Fulham? Derby away? sunderland?

These are teams that get humiliated on a regular basis and we huffed and puffed in an attempt to get a point against all of them.

For the last three seasons we've been a mid-table side that has had the occaisonal flirtation with the relegation zone. That's the reality and that's not going to be turned around quickly.

Of the sides mentioned, Derby are the only ones who are really poor. An away game against the others isn't a cakewalk for a midtable side.

I'm not saying Big Sam hasn't made mistakes. He's finding out about the players and has probably made too many changes. But he's got to be given more than half a season.

A cakewalk? We had one shot and it was exactly the same at Fulham, Derby and the SoS. Four games and the best chance in any was our centre half against Derby. That is not acceptable, I don't care how you dress it up.

A cakewalk? We had one shot and it was exactly the same at Fulham, Derby and the SoS. Four games and the best chance in any was our centre half against Derby. That is not acceptable, I don't care how you dress it up.

You're exaggerating, and ignoring some of the better performances.

I'm frustrated as well. I expected things to be better. But Ferguson's underlying point is that the pressure exerted by the fans is doing more harm than good, and he's right on that one. Moyes at Everton, Hughes at Blackburn, Redknapp at Portsmouth have all been through difficult times, but look at them now.

I'm frustrated as well. I expected things to be better. But Ferguson's underlying point is that the pressure exerted by the fans is doing more harm than good, and he's right on that one. Moyes at Everton, Hughes at Blackburn, Redknapp at Portsmouth have all been through difficult times, but look at them now.

I'm not exaggerating actually. Rozehnal vs Derby was our best chance in those games. We went for a point in every game and were dreadful each time.

I'm not sure he's exaggerating at all, I can't remember too many shots against Wigan, the supposed save on the line from Bramble was going wide, the only shot I remember was from Smith in the first half on about 35 minutes, I think the keeper saved it on 42 minutes when it got to him.  I can't remember too much happening in the Derby goal-mouth at Pride Park either.

I'm not sure he's exaggerating at all, I can't remember too many shots against Wigan, the supposed save on the line from Bramble was going wide, the only shot I remember was from Smith in the first half on about 35 minutes, I think the keeper saved it on 42 minutes when it got to him.  I can't remember too much happening in the Derby goal-mouth at Pride Park either.

I think what is striking really is that we dont, even after 6 months, have the basic features of what everyone thought was a SA side - physical, aggressive, in your face. even if we went out and kicked the shit out of every team for 9o minute you could get an incling of what the general instructions were

I'm not exaggerating actually. Rozehnal vs Derby was our best chance in those games. We went for a point in every game and were dreadful each time.

Well I seem to remember that we did well in the first half against Fulham, but we're getting bogged down in details which I'm too pissed to remember well at the moment.

The bigger picture is that Big Sam is on a learning curve. He is in a new job, with new players, trying to make sense of the aftermath of what's been left over from three previous managers who were operating under an interfering chairman. In that situation, you're not going to get everything right first time. Give him a chance to learn his lessons, get the players in that he needs, and then judge him.

What if, the big what if Big Sams work this year, and the next year there again gives us the team we so much desire to have now.

Why cant we give this guy a chance?

This is all every single one of us wants.

All we want right now though is just something, anything, that indicates that progress is being made.

Unfortnately, everything indicates, and I hate to use the phrase, that he "doesnt know what he is doing"

But how can we say that?

We dont live with his staff, we dont train with his players, we dont have meetings with Mort.

We sit on the stands or watch the tv.

Who are we to judge?

The ones who pay his wages?

I am not going to pretend that I have been a regular for a few years now but "who are we to judge?"

We are the paying fans.

I think people within football think that people outside football arent allowed to comment but the general public are intelligent people who know their football and they know that Sams selections and formations are just not right and just not working

Granted, things may be improving and (not wanting to jinx things) the injury list suggests things are getting better.

However, on the pitch, there are some serious issues which Sam shows no signs of trying to change or fix

What if this is year is just a part of Big Sams plan?

Trying different players, different formations, a win here a loss there.

Maybe he is working on getting a backbone of players who he wants a the club for a longer period of time.

And thats my whole point, we dont know what these guys are doing behind the scene, so lets just see what happens.

If we are at the same standstill in 2-3 years, yes then we can complain, but it has gone what, half a season?

Come on man your fooling yourself.

Easily remedied.... just tell us.

Thats all he has to do. Without that communication we are just left scratching our heads wondering what the hell is going on.

Look, I want Sam to succeed as much as the next man and will happily wait 2-3 years for real stability but if what you suggest is what he is doing, by god its a dangerous game. Time to do that is later in the season when you have got to that 45-50 point mark.

Is that clueless in Europe so had to get Queerass back to hold his hand Fergie talking?

No, I think it's the Fergie that won the European Cup and the Cup Winners Cup without any foreigner holding his hand.

Honestly mate, you talk crap sometimes.

Guest hodsgod

Just because Sam bought new players doesnt guarantee success, it takes time and definitely some wont be correct.

He still needs time to make an impact.

I see your point in many ways, and belive me i do understand the importants of the club getting to Europe for example, UEFA first, then CL, wow it would be great.

But Big Sam has taken over a club thats practicly impossible to run as a manager, he needs to find his ways around the block before he starts makeing revolution.

A job is a job and it needs to be done with a working plan, and the hearts to pull it off.

Big Sam job is in my eyes to prepare us for europe, and there isnt a waterproof way to do that, other then work on what you belive is the way to do.

thats no lie.

For me, this season, I would just like to get past the worry of relegation and then I may be able to take a broader picture of it all. Until we get the points on the board, I shall continue to worry about whats happening on the pitch. I felt we were very lucky to avoid it last year, if we dont improve this year, or worse still get worse, then in my opinion its a very real possibility

Who makes Ferguson expert about all clubs information? What about Real Madrid? didn't they change a lot of managers? aren't they more sucessful than us? I am all fed up about others put there nse where it shouldn't be.

Sadly I feel its their way of laughing at us

The Sun back page ?

MARTIN JOL is ready to take charge at Newcastle if Sam Allardyce gets the bullet.

Jol was offered the Toon job before Big Sam was appointed in May but the Dutchman stayed at Spurs.

Now he is waiting for another call from St James’ Park and believes he can live up to their expectations.

Jol, 51, is keen to return to work two months after being sacked by Spurs with a £4million pay-off.

He has already turned down approaches from Birmingham and Fulham because he does not fancy battling relegation.

But he is excited by the prospect of managing Newcastle and knows they can match his own ambitions.

It was news of the Toon’s approach last season which undermined Jol at Spurs, where directors were unhappy he was even considering a move to another club.

He finished fifth in both of his last two campaigns at White Hart Lane.

And earlier this season he pointed out: “When I took charge here, Spurs were probably behind the likes of Newcastle.

"If you told Sam Allardyce he’d finish in the top five for the next two years, he would be so happy.

“They would probably build a big statue of him outside the stadium at St James’ Park.”

One concern Jol has is that Toon owner Mike Ashley is pals with former Spurs vice-chairman Paul Kemsley, who led the campaign to oust him from White Hart Lane.

Yet with the Geordie fans fuming, Ashley must decide whether to back Allardyce or sack him.

What I prefer to stick with Sam JOL didn't win anything in his career yet for him he thinks finishing 5th might give him a statue what an inept

The Sun back page ?

MARTIN JOL is ready to take charge at Newcastle if Sam Allardyce gets the bullet.

Jol was offered the Toon job before Big Sam was appointed in May but the Dutchman stayed at Spurs.

Now he is waiting for another call from St James’ Park and believes he can live up to their expectations.

Jol, 51, is keen to return to work two months after being sacked by Spurs with a £4million pay-off.

He has already turned down approaches from Birmingham and Fulham because he does not fancy battling relegation.

But he is excited by the prospect of managing Newcastle and knows they can match his own ambitions.

It was news of the Toon’s approach last season which undermined Jol at Spurs, where directors were unhappy he was even considering a move to another club.

And earlier this season he pointed out: “When I took charge here, Spurs were probably behind the likes of Newcastle.

"If you told Sam Allardyce he’d finish in the top five for the next two years, he would be so happy.

“They would probably build a big statue of him outside the stadium at St James’ Park.”

One concern Jol has is that Toon owner Mike Ashley is pals with former Spurs vice-chairman Paul Kemsley, who led the campaign to oust him from White Hart Lane.

Yet with the Geordie fans fuming, Ashley must decide whether to back Allardyce or sack him.

What I prefer to stick with Sam JOL didn't win anything in his career yet for him he thinks finishing 5th might give him a statue what an inept

What an unbelievably and utterly bollocks story with absolutely no substance in it at all. When are they ever going to just fuck off with this bollocks. I think tabloid sports journalism must be the easiest job around.

The Sun back page ?

What an absolute pile of crap that article is.