USE ENRIQUE

Skirge

So play a LB in the centre.  If Sam did that you lot would go mental!!!!!

I never said he should play in the centre, stop putting words in my mouth.

I was getting at how despite looking poor in numerous games Roz is never far from a recall to first team activities.. it seems like Jose had one bad game and hasn't seen the pitch since...

I reckon Sam just doesn't rate him....

Looked better than Roze who is never far from a first team recall.

I read it as roz starts instead of him, thought you were wanting to play him instead of roz who plays at CB.  I see what you mean now.  Sorry :)

I was getting at how despite looking poor in numerous games Roz is never far from a recall to first team activities.. it seems like Jose had one bad game and hasn't seen the pitch since...

Rozehnal's not a player for the future though is he?

The lad turns 22 in less than a month. (Enrique)

Kaboul is of a similar age and he's played far more first team football than Jose.

Kaboul is of a similar age and he's played far more first team football than Jose.

And people have been bashing Kaboul for his performances, so much so that Ramos left him out and played Chimbonda in the middle.

If Allardyce doesn't feel he's ready then I don't blame him for not throwing him in, the way the crowd have been this season they will rip the poor lad to shreds after a few missed passes.

Look at the way Wenger is treating Eduardo, he doesn't feel he's ready and won't be for 6 months so he prefers to drift him in for a taste of the action and bring him back out again, the difference between us and Arsenal is that they have other players to cover where as we don't, however if we didn't get turned down by Dragotinovic in the last week of the transfer window then perhaps the fans wouldn't be in such a panic to throw him in.

Allardyce knows the situation better than anyone and I trust him to do whats right with the situation, even if I don't agree with decisions he's made on the pitch.

And people have been bashing Kaboul for his performances, so much so that Ramos left him out and played Chimbonda in the middle.

If Allardyce doesn't feel he's ready then I don't blame him for not throwing him in, the way the crowd have been this season they will rip the poor lad to shreds after a few missed passes.

Look at the way Wenger is treating Eduardo, he doesn't feel he's ready and won't be for 6 months so he prefers to drift him in for a taste of the action and bring him back out again, the difference between us and Arsenal is that they have other players to cover where as we don't, however if we didn't get turned down by Dragotinovic in the last week of the transfer window then perhaps the fans wouldn't be in such a panic to throw him in.

Allardyce knows the situation better than anyone and I trust him to do whats right with the situation, even if I don't agree with decisions he's made on the pitch.

That's why I thought he was dropped after the Liverpool game. His performance wasn't that bad but towards the end when he was making errors the fans began to get irritated and I don't care what nationality you are, booing and jeering is a universal language. It certainly can't help his confidence getting stick, especially when he's a young lad in a strange country. His head would go down and performance levels would drop rather than the other way around.

Anyway, I got the feeling he was going to ease him back in after the Arsenal game but we managed to get a result so he stuck with almost the same side for the next few games.

Now I think Allardyce is in a difficult position. Does he put Enrique back in when the fans are at their most venomous and could rip him apart or does he wait until results are going our way again?

BSA seems like an over-protective parent if this is true. I understand wanting to protect the lad but how much footie has he played in the last half dozen games?

Can only agree with some of the comments about him being protect. The managers knows best and if Sam dont thin hes ready then he dont. Comparing with alot of other I defenitily sure Sam rate him high.

As anyone said it´s hard for Sam at this situation. If we say this would be five years later in time (hope Sam still hear) no one should complaine so much.

I defenitly think we need Enrique and I hope he can start play soon. verry soon!

I'm beginning to wonder whether Enrique is lined up for a move and there will be a new LB coming in. Hence, Big Sam is protecting him from injury so the deals don't fall through. Enrique for Chimbonda? Just a guess.

What the hell is going on with this lad? Sam just seems set on not using him yet he was thought to be one of the best young left backs in Europe, we need to stop wasting Zoggy in defence so please give Enrique a go.

Then we can try a midfield of

Milner---Butt---Zoggy---Duff

---------------Given

Beye---Cacapa---Faye---Enrique

Milner---Butt-----Zoggy----Duff

--------Martins----Viduka

That midfield looks alright, i think Zog could do a good job in the centre, similar to Dyer and will track back and defend. Just like the Speed.Dyer partenership/

I'm beginning to wonder whether Enrique is lined up for a move and there will be a new LB coming in. Hence, Big Sam is protecting him from injury so the deals don't fall through. Enrique for Chimbonda? Just a guess.

Even though Chimbonda is a right back?

That makes no sense.

First of all, as Baggio has said Chimbonda is a right back. Second of all, we're not a selling club especially not to our rivals. Third of all why would we let our only other left back go for free if we were planning on selling this one. Fourth and finally of all, I personally haven't seen anything on the pitch to make me think he's a poor buy, certainly no poorer than anyone else. Why would we get rid of him after less than six months to another Premiership club?

Even though Chimbonda is a right back?

Not him then.

Guest sittingontheball

Enrique didn't look too bad when he played to me. You could point the finger at everyone after the Liverpool game.

The Zog went AWOL several times against Chelsea, against SWP of all people. We were fortunate they didn't lead to goals.  Zoggy's a good un, but he's no defender.

This is one of the biggest mysteries of the whole season.

No way has Enrique been the worst player in the side this season, and as has been said already, he is a decent passer of the ball - I thought he worked well with Zog when they have been on the same flank, and he hasn't shown any signs of panic during games.

How a player is supposed to get Prem experience when he never gets selected is beyond me - its not as if Zog is better at LB, because he is clearly more effective further forward..

Allardyce should not have bought the guy if he hasn't enough confidence to play him, at least every couple of games - we were NOT in the luxurious position of being able to buy youngsters and give them a season in the Reserves - they need to be ready to PLAY NOW and keep playing unless they make bad errors consistently. The guy cost over 6m and he should be playing if for no other reason than it releases Zog to add weight to the attack.

In my view, Viana was more obviously unsuited to the Prem than Enrique so the whole thing is baffling - but then, so is everything this season..!!

I really do think the lack of a LB is costing us so much the way we play, how will Eneique get used to the Prem game if he is not used? Cannot get my head around that at all. Zoggy is not a decent LB, he is not even anywhere near a LB really, his natural game is to get forward and that is where we need him, he also likes to drift in off the wing too so why not play him there? Now Duff is fit he can play the left wing role, Zoggy could solve this creative central role problem we have.

Would we not be better using Roze at LB if Enrique is so poor in Sam's eyes, a defender in a defending role has to be better than a winger as a full back, the only real way for the Zog to do well in that kind of position would be as a left wing back if we played 3 CB's and away from home maybe we could look at doing that.

Guest Moneytalks

Most of our problems yesterday came from crosses from the right wing, with their attacking play not being closed down on that side of the pitch - in fact they were given far too much space. In my opinion a lot of these crosses would have been cut out by a proper left back. That's not to say that I'm slating Zoggy; he was one of our best players yesterday - it's just that at times it looked like we were playing with two left wingers. (Which makes a change from the usual problem of having no one on the right).  ???

This is one of the biggest mysteries of the whole season.

No way has Enrique been the worst player in the side this season, and as has been said already, he is a decent passer of the ball - I thought he worked well with Zog when they have been on the same flank, and he hasn't shown any signs of panic during games.

How a player is supposed to get Prem experience when he never gets selected is beyond me - its not as if Zog is better at LB, because he is clearly more effective further forward..

Allardyce should not have bought the guy if he hasn't enough confidence to play him, at least every couple of games - we were NOT in the luxurious position of being able to buy youngsters and give them a season in the Reserves - they need to be ready to PLAY NOW and keep playing unless they make bad errors consistently. The guy cost over 6m and he should be playing if for no other reason than it releases Zog to add weight to the attack.

Could not agree more.

:thup:

against chelsea yesterday they put rozenhal on at left back and that was when we really started attacking. rozenhal wasnt bad so with any luck he'll stay there. i can see the sense of using enrique a bit if hes not quite ready- hes clearly one for the future. i imagine they are using him like evra and vidic were used at MU. weve got an fa cup game with stoke and with any luck we'll put out a good team includig him.

enrique has showed me nothing so far from when hes made an appearence

he looks slow and lost

within the first 5 minutes of coming on at wigan he looked shit, slow and lost the ball when he had lots of time and space

enrique has showed me nothing so far from when hes made an appearence

he looks slow and lost

within the first 5 minutes of coming on at wigan he looked shit, slow and lost the ball when he had lots of time and space

I think it's fair to say he hasn't had much opportunity to acclimatise to English football yet though.