Mort Expects Arrivals

Dave

seriously ne5, are you freddy sheperd? I imagine its hard for you to hold a decent conversation with anyone with your tongue firmly jammed in Sheperds arse. Some of the stuff you say is so stupid.

Can you tell me why no club likes spending in the January period?

Is it because they have no ambition?

Why is spending this January the only test of ambition according to you?

it really doesn't say much for you, that you think someone who doesn't agree with you - even when all I do is put up factual information - that you keep saying this. So much so, the only thing I can reply with is :

mackems.gif

I disagree with your constant attacking of the new board, your criticism reek of bitterness, which leads me to believe that you have a big link with the old board.

True?

Your constant drivel of "ambition that the new board lacks" is hardly fatual, that is all that i am attacking.

That is all

If you and anyone else are too stupid to see the demtrimental effects of raising the already sky high expectations of this club then you cant truly say you have the best interests of the club at heart.

I guess I'm just stupid but I don't understand what the "demtrimental effects of raising the already sky high expectations" are.

I understand my sky high expectations which are currently "avoiding relegation" may be raised to "getting over 40 points" by the almost criminal act of buying players in January but I'm not sure how that is detrimental to the club.

Please enlighten me further oh knowledgeable one.

PS Are you Chris Mort?

I understand my sky high expectations which are currently "avoiding relegation" may be raised to "getting over 40 points" by the almost criminal act of buying players in January but I'm not sure how that is detrimental to the club.

Your expectations are just to avoid relegation? You're in for a treat this year IMO. ;)

seriously ne5, are you freddy sheperd? I imagine its hard for you to hold a decent conversation with anyone with your tongue firmly jammed in Sheperds arse. Some of the stuff you say is so stupid.

Can you tell me why no club likes spending in the January period?

Is it because they have no ambition?

Why is spending this January the only test of ambition according to you?

Whats your problem? What Leazes is saying is perfectly acceptable in its manner and absolutley spot on.

Those of you who think our current playing staff are good enough are blinkered. They are not good enough, we do not have an Arteta, an Elano, a Muntari etc nor anyone near good enough for the top 4.

We need to invest in better players. Simple as.

My problem is that, theres an agenda to criticize EVERY single thing that comes out of Morts mouth before anything definitive is done. Its so bloody tedious to hear an onslaught so unrelenting about one thing. Its all "ive heard it all before in the past from the s*** directors so it must be the same today" Its flawed logic and a completely flawed argument after 6 months of ownership.

As far as im concerned its a clean slate with the new board and am sitting patiently to see what they have for us, becasue its ridiculous to think that the oweners will have anything but the success of the club on there mind.

I dont understand the view that we need to be aiming for the top 4 straight away, think about it man, its gonna be alot more expensive and difficult to break the top 4 straight away than it would be to break it in the long term.

If you and anyone else are too stupid to see the demtrimental effects of raising the already sky high expectations of this club then you cant truly say you have the best interests of the club at heart.

Im actually asking valid questions as well.

Why do other clubs not like using the January trasfer period?

Anyone who thinks that a couple of signings would sort us out and get us flying up the list are slightly deluded as well.

It's massively tedious in the extreme to hear people like you harping on about your own agenda, and twisting things to make out that the last board brought to an end decades of glorious achievements, especially when it is pointed out clearly to you, via factual information, that the truth is the exact opposite.

As for the January window, money talks. If YOU have low ambitions for the club and think we can't punch our weight above clubs such as Blackburn for instance, then that is YOUR problem.

The irony that the last board have spent their time running the club and doing that to the best of their ability, is completely lost on you, so much so it leaves me thinking you don't have too much ambition for the club, or are seriously deluded if you think you can be successful without doing this.

hear people like you harping on about your own agenda, and twisting things to make out that the last board brought to an end decades of glorious achievements

Errr what? Where have i said that on here? Lol, its laughable that you say that because if anyhting im well aware of the fact that the old board actually entriely responsible the "decade of glourious achievement" I acknowledge that fact quite often in fact.

You're only intention in this thread is to attack everything Mort has said, and i dont understand why, hence my original post. How can you actually form these definitive opinions on a board that has only been in charge for 6 months?

What specifically adds anymore wieght to your arguments about the first 6 months of there ownership than anyone else with differeing opinion?

See what you wanna see.

Your expectations are just to avoid relegation? You're in for a treat this year IMO. ;)

If there aren't some significant changes this month I think we'll be lucky to scrape 45 points, so we won't be far off relegation.

Ref this transfer window business.

Target a player such as David Bentley. We are bigger than Blackburn. Before the window, you targetted a player and bid for him. So ask Blackburn what they want, and haggle until you agree a price that you think is worth the player. If we can't punch above a club like Blackburn there is something wrong. We won't go into the fact that this WAS the way NUFC were run for decades .....

Anyway, that is what I would do, and this is what I think we should do. On the financial aspect, Ameobi can be sold, then Milner could be sold with a better player through the door. The remainder of the fee is written off/paid back if he performs. This is how ambitious clubs with big fanbases are run, or should be run.

Slightly different, is the whole question of the transfer window, which is surely restriction of trade and labour and if someone took it to court, would surely be abolished.

And would be better for football too.

If there aren't some significant changes this month I think we'll be lucky to scrape 45 points, so we won't be far off relegation.

I commented after the game last night that I don't know where we've gotten 26 points from. I do literally btw ;) but you know what I mean.

I think we'll be fine on that front HTL, albeit not exactly setting the word alight.

3 or 4 more defeats will suck us into the bottom zone and then confidence dips even more and performances become even worse. You're probably right, but it's not clear cut that we'll be ok. Don't take it for granted is all I'm saying.

Target a player such as David Bentley. We are bigger than Blackburn. Before the window, you targetted a player and bid for him. So ask Blackburn what they want, and haggle until you agree a price that you think is worth the player. If we can't punch above a club like Blackburn there is something wrong. We won't go into the fact that this WAS the way NUFC were run for decades .....

Anyway, that is what I would do, and this is what I think we should do. On the financial aspect, Ameobi can be sold, then Milner could be sold with a better player through the door. The remainder of the fee is written off/paid back if he performs. This is how ambitious clubs with big fanbases are run, or should be run.

Slightly different, is the whole question of the transfer window, which is surely restriction of trade and labour and if someone took it to court, would surely be abolished.

I know you've only used him as an example, but I don't think we could get Bentley now whichever board we were under. He's playing well for a team above us and on the verge of the England squad. We'd be a sideways step for him.

I commented after the game last night that I don't know where we've gotten 26 points from. I do literally btw ;) but you know what I mean.

Yeah, we've been very, very lucky to get some of those points.

I honestly wish I could be that confident.

I know you've only used him as an example, but I don't think we could get Bentley now whichever board we were under. He's playing well for a team above us and on the verge of the England squad. We'd be a sideways step for him.

one step backwards or sideways, 2 steps forward is how I would see it. Moving to Newcastle from Blackburn would be a complete no-brainer for most players.

You don't know if you don't try. And I wouldn't use our current position as an excuse to settle for 2nd best.

one step backwards or sideways, 2 steps forward is how I would see it. Moving to Newcastle from Blackburn would be a complete no-brainer for most players.

You don't know if you don't try. And I wouldn't use our current position as an excuse to settle for 2nd best.

I'd like to see us try, and he'd be a very good acquisition.

Players generally don't want to go through the trouble of uprooting themselves/leaving supportive fans and established teammates in order to go to another club unless there's a significant gain though.

While I certainly agree that we're a more attractive club than Blackburn in the abstract, regardless of where we are on the table at any given time, I don't think we're more attractive enough to get a player to go through the difficulties of a move just to come to us.

Unless we're going to be offering these "sideways step" players double what they're earning right now... And we all know where that got us in the past.

On a completely unrelated side note, Blackburn would probably ask for at least 20m for Bentley. And rightfully so.

Players generally don't want to go through the trouble of uprooting themselves/leaving supportive fans and established teammates in order to go to another club unless there's a significant gain though.

While I certainly agree that we're a more attractive club than Blackburn in the abstract, regardless of where we are on the table at any given time, I don't think we're more attractive enough to get a player to go through the difficulties of a move just to come to us.

Unless we're going to be offering these "sideways step" players double what they're earning right now... And we all know where that got us in the past.

On a completely unrelated side note, Blackburn would probably ask for at least 20m for Bentley. And rightfully so.

I take the point, ref the last line.

Who would pay it though, unless he stays at Blackburn until his contract is nearly over ?

Re: Bentley - Depends on the player really. If he really wanted to come the fee could be lower as once a player is insettled etc. they tend to lose form. If he wants to stay / isn't arsed about coming we'd pay a massive fee and wages.

Who would pay it though, unless he stays at Blackburn until his contract is nearly over ?

One of the big 4 if and when he gets good enough? Otherwise, I don't see him going anywhere in the near future.

One of the big 4 if and when he gets good enough? Otherwise, I don't see him going anywhere in the near future.

back to square 1 !!!

We need to get back into europe asap.

I guess I'm just stupid but I don't understand what the "demtrimental effects of raising the already sky high expectations" are.

Please enlighten me further oh knowledgeable one.

PS Are you Chris Mort?

If "avoiding relegation" is your definition of sky high expectation, then does that mean that you are pretty happy with things so far? If not, then why?

People dont seem to except that the past 4 years were part of our history, i seem to get the impression that people regard the past 4 years as something of a blip.

I dont, i see it as the current state of our club, i get the impression that people see us as a team who should be challenging for European places, something which has actually been quite sporadic throught our recent history.

It depends how you view the club at the moment alot of the fans seem to think we could be finishing in the top 6, especially after the signings we've made. The signings havent turned out too well at the moment and people are using the expectation that a top 6 finish was a possibility as a valid reason for lambasting the position that we find ourselves in.

Sam looks to be on the verge and its purely down to the fact that people expect us to be in a better position than we are at the mo, but why? 

Becasue of the expectations that had arisen from the Keegan era, and more recently the SBR era, in fact its the expectations of the Keegan era which ended up getting SBR sacked. How can we sustain any level of success without any stability.

I dont understand how people dont see how attempting to break into the top4 (our eventual goal) should be a slow process.

Hope you have been "enlightened" oh ignorant one.

If "avoiding relegation" is your definition of sky high expectation, then does that mean that you are pretty happy with things so far? If not, then why?

People dont seem to except that the past 4 years were part of our history, i seem to get the impression that people regard the past 4 years as something of a blip.

I dont, i see it as the current state of our club, i get the impression that people see us as a team who should be challenging for European places, something which has actually been quite sporadic throught our recent history.

It depends how you view the club at the moment alot of the fans seem to think we could be finishing in the top 6, especially after the signings we've made. The signings havent turned out too well at the moment and people are using the expectation that a top 6 finish was a possibility as a valid reason for lambasting the position that we find ourselves in.

Sam looks to be on the verge and its purely down to the fact that people expect us to be in a better position than we are at the mo, but why? 

Becasue of the expectations that had arisen from the Keegan era, and more recently the SBR era, in fact its the expectations of the Keegan era which ended up getting SBR sacked. How can we sustain any level of success without any stability.

I dont understand how people dont see how attempting to break into the top4 (our eventual goal) should be a slow process.

mackems.gif

I think this thread should now be closed and made a sticky after that classic piece of tripe above.

mackems.gif

I think this thread should now be closed and made a sticky after that classic piece of tripe above.

were i to play devils advocate and ask what gave it its tripe like qualities, what would your response be?

mackems.gif

You have such definite convictions on other peoples posts yet fail to explain why. Care to humour me?