Martins

Guest K9

So you are saying he IS consistent and has been shining in recent weeks despite the teams terrible form?

I'm saying he isn't a class act so to alter what I said, only certain elements of your post were funny. Better?

But that only constitutes as about 20% of the original post deeming your response ridiculously inaccurate.

However, I digress

Some of the goals he has scored and contributions he has made since he has been here have been incredible, you can't deny that surely. Not as much this season but there have been glimpses and I'm sure, given the right coaching, he can become a great player for us.

So you are saying he IS consistent and has been shining in recent weeks despite the teams terrible form?

I'm saying he isn't a class act so to alter what I said, only certain elements of your post were funny. Better?

But that only constitutes as about 20% of the original post deeming your response ridiculously inaccurate.

However, I digress

Some of the goals he has scored and contributions he has made since he has been here have been incredible, you can't deny that surely. Not as much this season but there have been glimpses and I'm sure, given the right coaching, he can become a great player for us.

It was the bit that stuck out for me though numbnuts. As for his outstanding contributions. He's still living off the Spurs goal for me.

His finishing was rubbish last night, and he's still as inconsistent as ever, but the fact is when he went off we lost all fluidity up front.

Also the opp def can push up without worrying about being stretched.

However, I digress

You're arguing that because he scored a couple of "incredible" goals (assume you mean the Spurs goal and the Bolton goal?) he'll become a great player for us? I seem to remember Milner scoring a few "incredible" goals, but he'll never be "great".

Martins will always be an average striker, whoever he plays for. Yes, he'll score some quality goals in his career, but that doesn't mean he's a player who can be relied upon to take us to the level we all want to be at.

I think he's a pretty good player. By no means great, but not as pathetically rubbish as some would argue either. He cost a lot of money, but fucking hell, who hasn't at this club?

He has attributes our other forwards don't, namely pace and the occasional skill required to genuinely beat a man. The point being he worries other teams.

For that reason I think he should be in the team.

It's worrying how low on confidence he clearly is though.

However, I digress

You're arguing that because he scored a couple of "incredible" goals (assume you mean the Spurs goal and the Bolton goal?) he'll become a great player for us? I seem to remember Milner scoring a few "incredible" goals, but he'll never be "great".

Martins will always be an average striker, whoever he plays for. Yes, he'll score some quality goals in his career, but that doesn't mean he's a player who can be relied upon to take us to the level we all want to be at.

He had a pretty decent amount of goals by the end of his first season. Hell, that was a stop start one for him but once he started firing them in he didn't stop, well obviously he did, but you see what I mean.

My point is that if he could do it then whats to say he can't do it now.

I don't 'just mean the spurs and bolton goal' either. There have been many goals from the sublime to the ridiculous that have shown his class. He is worringly low on confidence however as Dave said.

I think he's a pretty good player. By no means great, but not as pathetically rubbish as some would argue either. He cost a lot of money, but f****** hell, who hasn't at this club?

He has attributes our other forwards don't, namely pace and the occasional skill required to genuinely beat a man. The point being he worries other teams.

nicely summed up, Dave.

I think he's a pretty good player. By no means great, but not as pathetically rubbish as some would argue either. He cost a lot of money, but fucking hell, who hasn't at this club?

I still quite like him as a player with all his faults. Just wish he'd stop looking at the heavens everytime he misses a chance...He's ganna do his neck in like that.

However, I digress

He had a pretty decent amount of goals by the end of his first season. Hell, that was a stop start one for him but once he started firing them in he didn't stop, well obviously he did, but you see what I mean.

I don't 'just mean the spurs and bolton goal' either. There have been many goals from the sublime to the ridiculous that have shown his class. He is worringly low on confidence however as Dave said.

I'm struggling to think of any sublime or ridiculous goals he's scored other than the two I mentioned.

He's scored 17 league goals for us in 54 games. Good enough?

f****** sell the b******, he's 23 and not the finished article. Not good enough for NUFC at all. Sell him and buy Drogba...

Let's ignore all the glaring deficiencies in his game too, eh?

Same age as Adebayor, Tevez and Torres then.

All clubs with a far better training set up and manager than we have.

I think he's a pretty good player. By no means great, but not as pathetically rubbish as some would argue either. He cost a lot of money, but f****** hell, who hasn't at this club?

Yes he has pace but he doesn't use it and when he does use it through on goal he can't keep the ball under control and is caught up.

f****** sell the b******, he's 23 and not the finished article. Not good enough for NUFC at all. Sell him and buy Drogba...

Going to a "good" club doesn't automatically mean that players improve. Just look at Chelsea if you want examples.

Martins has peaked IMO. Good enough if we want to stay at the level we're at currently, but not good enough to move us forward.

and much better strikers

Going to a "good" club doesn't automatically mean that players improve. Just look at Chelsea if you want examples.

Martins has peaked IMO. Good enough if we want to stay at the level we're at currently, but not good enough to move us forward.

No it doesn't, but the problems with Martins are things that can be made less of a hinderance with good training and a manager who can look at him and see what his exact problems are. We have neither of them imo.

However, I digress

I'm struggling to think of any sublime or ridiculous goals he's scored other than the two I mentioned.

He's scored 17 league goals for us in 54 games. Good enough?

Yes.

Anyway, the rest of the team are shite aswell, it just seems like a lack of form and zero confidence to me.

No it doesn't, but the problems with Martins are things that can be made less of a hinderance with good training and a manager who can look at him and see what his exact problems are. We have neither of them imo.

I'm amazed Inter Milan transfer listed him then.

Which of our players do you think are good enough if we want to move forward?

Our only good player is zogbia

I'm amazed Inter Milan transfer listed him then.

He put himself on the transfer list IIRC. 'cos Inter brought in Crespo and Ibrahmivoich and he knew he wouldn't get much playing time with that type of quality in the team.

thats the sort of codswallop that kept titus bramble at this club, like martins, a lot of his problems are in his brain, and you cant coach intelligence into someone, sorry

Our only good player is zogbia

There was me thinking Given was quite good...

Give, Beye, Faye, Enrique (I hope), N'Zogbia.

That's about it I think. However, the thread's about Martins, which is why I'm talking about him.