Alan Shearer appointment would be just perfect

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

If the manager does well, no one gives a s*** about Shearer. End of story.

Not so sure.  No manager goes their career without a few bumpy runs of results.  Sam lost 3 out of 4 games and this thread got started..

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=47244.0

:idiot2:

A thread started because of another newspaper article saying we'd all jump for joy if Shearer became manager and mostly full of people saying he shouldn't be manager until he's had some experience? Good example.

It's OK guys, we're not doing bad, just having a "bumpy run of results". The fact we are discussing the being of Shearer that haunts St James Park with his negative aura on NUFCS fans and associates suggests we are beyond the stage of a blip in form surely?

Never said we aren't doing bad, but we were fifth, had a bad run of results and a 5 page thread was started on the pros and cons of getting Shearer in.  The fact the bad run has now spiralled into a terrible half marathon might have a little to do with that kind of pressure so early on.

Not so sure.  No manager goes their career without a few bumpy runs of results.  Sam lost 3 out of 4 games and this thread got started..

A thread started because of another newspaper article saying we'd all jump for joy if Shearer became manager and mostly full of people saying he shouldn't be manager until he's had some experience? Good example.

Doesn't alter the fact there was a 5 page debate on the pros and cons of getting shearer in just a few weeks after we'd been sitting 5th.

Doesn't alter the fact there was a 5 page debate on the pros and cons of getting shearer in just a few weeks after we'd been sitting 5th.

You've posted 7 times in this thread. That must mean you want Shearer the most!

You've posted 7 times in this thread. That must mean you want Shearer the most!

If everyone agreed there'd be no debate, so someone does.

I will say this however, isn't it brilliant how all the papers over the last few days were full of comment on how we need to stick it out with Allardyce, how we're too trigger happy with managers and should learn to support through the bad as well as the good, but 7 (is it?) other clubs have got rid of their managers this season, some higher in the league.

Haven't we already shown ourselves to be one of the most patient clubs/sets of fans.

Guest mr quimbys beard

I agree with what he says to be honest, like sam says its not an 8 month job to turn things around its a 3 to 5 year job to get things perfect, we should all be patient and give him at least all of next season, Shearer is a manager for the future, maybe in 5 years when he has had experience at lower level i would say.

Guest jimmy1982

Simon Barnes, in fairness, is joint second (tied with Marcotti) only to Samuel at The Times for having an opinion of himself and his thoughts vastly outweighing his actual ability.

Aye definitely. i used to think he was worth reading about 4 years ago but can't bebothered with himnow, and have never liked Marcotti. Barnes tends to love making these dramatic oversimplifications like he has done with this article.

Simon Barnes

Newcastle United will never be a decent football club until they appoint Alan Shearer as manager. Admittedly, Shearer won’t be any good. Certainly, he will take them into worse trouble than they are in already. But until Newcastle have gone through the Shearer experience, they won’t be able to do anything.

How do you know he'd lead us into more trouble? He could be the greatest manager on earth, we just don't know. However i am in full agreement that he hands above the current manager like a sharpened axe, and will continue to do so until he has his shot or states he doesn't want the job.

The reason that Sam Allardyce has been having such a difficult time as manager at St James’ Park is not that the job is beyond his abilities. It is because the job is beyond anybody’s abilities. Nobody who takes it on can live with Shearer’s record.

Bullshit. He's only got himself to blame by buying the players he has done, playing players out of position, and being stubborn with his tactics and formations. This has nothing to do with Shearer and everything to do with the ability of our current manager

Shearer’s record is perfect. He has never lost a match as a manager. True, he has never contested one. But he scored a lot of goals as a player, speaks the language, is a jolly good chap, and who needs experience anyway? Everything will be all right as soon as he is given the job.

Medication time

Or to be more accurate, nothing will be right until he has tried and failed, because his existence makes the job untenable for everyone else.

Yes, you've already said that, if that's all you've got to say then you shouldn't really have posted this 'article' stating this as you've had to fill it with shite to get it printed.

Newcastle are living in the future rather than the past and that is an even more debilitating way to live. It involves a belief that everything will be all right some day soon, which means that we don’t have to bother with the problems we have now. Soon they will magically disappear. It is like expecting a legacy, or the Lone Ranger.

Were living in the now, trust me, were dealing with the shite were getting served up, looking towards a brighter future is forgiveable considering the past several years, don't patronise me you thick fuking cunt.

Newcastle have become football’s Bleak House: a club forever wishing their life away in the belief that a favourable judgment will somehow reverse everybody’s fortune and make everything worthwhile. This is a club that pride themselves on a great past and look forward to a golden future. Jam yesterday, jam tomorrow, but never jam today. They are dying of messiahitis.

More filler, nothing of substance, just more journo dribble that no doubt you knocked one out over when you finished it. Bet you shouted 'Jurassic Park' on release of both article & sperm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/simon_barnes/article3142293.ece

Times takes another step towards the Daily Star, well done.

Load of utter shit.

Allardyce is playing people out of position, using mind boggling tactics and making terrible subs because the job is beyond anyone's abilities?

Maybe he should watch us play before giving his expert opinion.

Ah well, at least he was kind enough to inform us Shearer will do a worse job than Allardyce if appointed, so I don't have to get my hopes up for a few years yet.

Bullshit. He's only got himself to blame by buying the players he has done, playing players out of position, and being stubborn with his tactics and formations. This has nothing to do with Shearer and everything to do with the ability of our current manager

As I recall, people seemed really happy with Allardyces dealings at the time.

Hindsight is wonderful.

Hindsight is wonderful.

Everyone wanted Smith didn't they?

Hindsight is wonderful.

Everyone wanted Smith didn't they?

These threads suggest he certainly wasn't unpopular...

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44077.0

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=43797.0

Funny how people insist Smith should only play midfield in those threads too.

bluelaugh.gif

Opinions on here change like the wind and no-one is held as accountable as Allardyce.  If only he was as maleable.

Opinions on here change like the wind and no-one is held as accountable as Allardyce.  If only he was as maleable.

There are 3 million reasons a year for that.

started by the chemically enhanced parky and the forum fruitcake htt? there was another thread when smith was originally linked through to when he signed and the vast majority of posters seemed horrified at his arrival and branded him a mediocre waste of time. there were also plenty of people around who were upset that allardyce hadn't adequately replaced dyer or solano and that we were short on creativity anyway, and expressed misgivings about allardyce bringing bolton's style of football here. so nowt to do with hindsight flourishing after one bad game. even those who have changed their minds later, its not because of a bad 45 minutes but the football that has constantly been served up this season. as for the comments about allardyce being right about milner on the left, smith in midfield and so on, i'd hardly say he's been vindicated. smith gave the worst individual performance of the season in midfield yesterday and has looked marginally better up front. milner has looked poor whatever flank he;s been on. regardless of formations or players being in their natural position the football will always come across as being one dimensional if all we do is hoof it up to strikers with no aerial abiltiy. or if the manager affords no freedom to the players but keeps them on a tight leash where the first thought is always about stopping the opposition rather than trying to build on what we have and make the best out of the little pace and invention that exists in our squad.

the reason 'opinions change like the wind' or more accurately, why there is such a variety of opinions is because this is a discussion forum with hundreds of regular users all with their own opinions that probably change gradually and adapt to the situation and facts at hand, not because every single user constantly and arbitrarily changes their mind on an hourly basis.

started by the chemically enhanced parky and the forum fruitcake htt? there was another thread when smith was originally linked through to when he signed and the vast majority of posters seemed horrified at his arrival and branded him a mediocre waste of time. there were also plenty of people around who were upset that allardyce hadn't adequately replaced dyer or solano and that we were short on creativity anyway, and expressed misgivings about allardyce bringing bolton's style of football here. so nowt to do with hindsight flourishing after one bad game. even those who have changed their minds later, its not because of a bad 45 minutes but the football that has constantly been served up this season. as for the comments about allardyce being right about milner on the left, smith in midfield and so on, i'd hardly say he's been vindicated. smith gave the worst individual performance of the season in midfield yesterday and has looked marginally better up front. milner has looked poor whatever flank he;s been on. regardless of formations or players being in their natural position the football will always come across as being one dimensional if all we do is hoof it up to strikers with no aerial abiltiy. or if the manager affords no freedom to the players but keeps them on a tight leash where the first thought is always about stopping the opposition rather than trying to build on what we have and make the best out of the little pace and invention that exists in our squad.

the reason 'opinions change like the wind' or more accurately, why there is such a variety of opinions is because this is a discussion forum with hundreds of regular users all with their own opinions that probably change gradually and adapt to the situation and facts at hand, not because every single user constantly and arbitrarily changes their mind on an hourly basis.

It's hardly just Parky (thoough I agree, there's a picture of him in the dictionary under the word 'flaky'  O0 ), there's people in there comparing him favourably as a cut price Hargreaves and that.

I just reckon the view of Smith was generally positive when he was bought and for the first few games (it's the only singning that's been brought up to refute the claim that people were generally happy with Sam's signings so that case is closed anyway), now the view is generally negative.  Fair enough, but I reckon we're just never happy with what we've got.  Look at Parker, he got a load of stick here, now people are wishing he was back in that other thread.

Messiahitis.

It's hardly just Parky (thoough I agree, there's a picture of him in the dictionary under the word 'flaky'  O0 ), there's people in there comparing him favourably as a cut price Hargreaves and that.

I just reckon the view of Smith was generally positive when he was bought and for the first few games (it's the only singning that's been brought up to refute the claim that people were generally happy with Sam's signings so that case is closed anyway), now the view is generally negative.  Fair enough, but I reckon we're just never happy with what we've got.  Look at Parker, he got a load of stick here, now people are wishing he was back in that other thread.

Messiahitis.

Look at the Smith signing thread, there weren't many happy faces around in there IIRC.

Look at the Smith signing thread, there weren't many happy faces around in there IIRC.

Linked to the oldest two I could find with "Alan Smith" in the subject, if you can supply me a different link though I'll have a butchers and accept peoples disgust.

It's only Geremi who's truly dissappointed me o0n the pitch from Sam's signings though.

How can anyone actually agree with such nonesense, get a grip for f*** sake.  Answer this question, any of you (Happy Face, Toon4Life ect), if Shearer didn't even excist what would be happening right now as far as supporter opinion towards Allardyce?  If you really think about that and answer it honestly I think you'll realise what complete bollocks this all is.

Its amazing how the press works in this country really.  They are the ones creating this whole "Shearer for manager" bandwagon (most Newcastle fans would want someone else), then they have the audacity to come out and write articles about how wrong the fans are for wanting Shearer :lol:  So called Jounralists in this country really do just create there own little fantasy world and report within it.

How can anyone actually agree with such nonesense, get a grip for fuck sake.  Answer this question, any of you (Happy Face, Toon4Life ect), if Shearer didn't even excist what would be happening right now as far as supporter opinion towards Allardyce?  If you really think about that and answer it honestly I think you'll realise what complete bollocks this all is.

Its amazing how the press works in this country really.  They are the ones creating this whole "Shearer for manager" bandwagon (most Newcastle fans would want someone else), then they have the audacity to come out and write articles about how wrong the fans are for wanting Shearer :lol:

That's why I only quoted the last 2 paragraphs, which don't mention Shearer.  I agree that the "Allardyce out" brigade want a Keeganite messiah, not that they want Shearer specifically or that we can't do well until he's been and gone.

Guest neesy111

newcastle fan's would give time to any manager they feel is up to the job

1/3 of the fans didn't want allardyce in the 1st place

any manager that has won trophies and proven to be successful will get the fans on their side ffs

if anybody says allardyce is successful, wat trophies has he won NONE, souness has won countless more than him ffs

They just want a different manager, someone who won't be incredibly negative, who won't play his favourite players no matter what and out of position to boot.  All they want is a manager who can show that progress is being made.

Of course ask a fan who there suggestion for manager is you'll get some of them mentioning Shearer, Keegan ect, as well as plenty mentioning Mourinho and a plethora of others.  But the overiding fact is the fans don't want Allardyce sacked because they want any manager in particular to replace him, they want him sacked because they think he's shit!

Linked to the oldest two I could find with "Alan Smith" in the subject, if you can supply me a different link though I'll have a butchers and accept peoples disgust.

It's only Geremi who's truly dissappointed me o0n the pitch from Sam's signings though.

What about Viduka and Smith? Barton? Oh come on...

What about Viduka and Smith? Barton? Oh come on...

Only Smith has played enough games to make a judgement out of those (though some of viuduka's touches have been class when he has had the ball at his feet).  Smith hasn't been great, but he's had a few canny games, Geremi has been godawful since the opening day of the season though.

Guest toonlass

How can anyone actually agree with such nonesense, get a grip for f*** sake.  Answer this question, any of you (Happy Face, Toon4Life ect), if Shearer didn't even excist what would be happening right now as far as supporter opinion towards Allardyce?  If you really think about that and answer it honestly I think you'll realise what complete bollocks this all is.

Its amazing how the press works in this country really.  They are the ones creating this whole "Shearer for manager" bandwagon (most Newcastle fans would want someone else), then they have the audacity to come out and write articles about how wrong the fans are for wanting Shearer :lol:  So called Jounralists in this country really do just create there own little fantasy world and report within it.

I would like to meet all these squillions of Newcastle fans who want Shearer to be manager right now. I honestly believe that they are a myth made up by the southern based media to unsettle the fans, players and management at Newcastle. One or two of the numpties may have latched on to Shearer being the bloke who will charge into Newcastle(via the Redheugh Bridge btw) astride a white steed(a la Donkey in Shrek 2) and save Newcastle from Big "Bad" Sam Allardyce, bringing with him impressive football, a string of league titles and the FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield that we shall continue to win from now until the ends of time, but they are really just deluding themselves.

The thought of Shearer walking into Newcastle to try and turn things around makes me feel sick, he is a legend here, I would hate to see him fail, and would prefer to see him learn the managerial ropes before taking on the Newcastle United job, which has to be one of the hardest in management(considering the expectations of the fans versus the success of the club).