Mackems In Meltdown

Crumpy Gunt

SMB was always years ahead of this place. Huge userbase, less strict moderation of posts shifting them into irrelevant threads, stopping people posting new topics until they've x many posts etc.

This place is too rigid and it makes it boring because there's rarely new topics

We have strict topic and post moderation on here for two reasons: (1) to keep the forum from being closed-down like the SMB, and (2) because it's only about 12 months since everybody was complaining about s**** threads, duplicate threads, and generally dismal posting standards in this section of the forum.

It's obvious that there's no format that would please everyone, but the general reaction to the forum has improved drastically over the past year and the majority of people seem to enjoy posting here (i.e. they come back), so if you ask me the admin have to stick with this format, since it quite clearly works.

So you were right all along?  Fancy that!

The message boards will be unavailable until the evening of Wednesday 9th January at the earliest.

I reckon this is planned downtime for server upgrades (or similar) and the warning is there to scare the spotty twats who generally post there.