Mackems In Meltdown

Crumpy Gunt

Might the less strict moderation on the SMB be in some way responsible for its current status btw...?

It's moderated beyond anything on here.

RTG exists almost exclusively for the spotty little bastards he (Roger) relies on to fill his coaches.

I like this place tbh, and haven't found many forums easier,and quicker to use and most of the people are canny.

There's not to many threads flying about all over the place,and there's most threads for most things u want to talk about.

So where can you go wrong ?

Guest Knightrider

Tbh I can't understand why any Toon fan would want to be a regular on an SMB forum, the bile they spout. I couldn't stand by and read all that shite about my club and if you ignore it all, why do you find ignoring things on here which can never be as bad as the crap they spout about us? Doesn't make sense.

I find myself more compelled to hit the SMB before here as if there's any interesting news breaking, it'll be there. On here it's in the middle of a thread somewhere which was started yonks ago and makes no sense if you read from page 1. I know it must be difficult to moderate but from an "addiction" point of view, I don't find that here.

I don't know where you are looking, but there are loads of threads appearing here regularly. And always the breaking news, any time of day. :dontknow:

For the record, in 2007 we averaged 27 new threads and 1,250 posts a day. It's enough for me, like.

SMB was always years ahead of this place. Huge userbase, less strict moderation of posts shifting them into irrelevant threads, stopping people posting new topics until they've x many posts etc.

This place is too rigid and it makes it boring because there's rarely new topics

The bold = Closed due to libellous posts. Hopefully back later but don't hold your breath

Word on the street is the DSS/Inland Revenue have noticed a surge in work done at there Washington & Sunderland sites & a marked improvement in output by certain staff members based at sites in Gatesheasd & Longbenton who were born in the SR postcode area.

Some of the funniest threads ever have originated on the SMB - but then when you have hundreds of new threads an hour, it's not that surprising.

Clearly does a good job, just look at its membership for evidence of that, but it's never been my bag. If you want to read about a breaking news story, you have to look through each of the 27 threads stretching across 3 index pages to find a decent one, then you spend an hour looking through that because they fit about 5 posts on each page.

Hourses for courses and that though. This place isn't perfect, it's a very long way from it - I bet it's a lot closer than most football forums though.

I can't understand any Newcastle supporter checking what the mackems are up to, the only time I ever look at the mackem forum is when a link appears on here. 

I've got nothing in common with the mackems and try to avoid associating with them if possible.  I've worked with quite a few, possibly hundreds of them and can honestly say that I could count the decent ones on one hand.

I rarely comment about them on here because as far as I’m concerned they’re irrelevant and as far as football goes they haven’t been our rivals for many years.

Used to be fantastic but over the past few months it's been modded to fuck, all the best posters have been banned for fairly pathetic reasons and the humour has all but been sucked out of it by Roger, Streaker and co. The Pure Football forum was the icing on the cake as it began to divide the posters and made the SMB a kind of limbo between the PF (Football) and the Parnsip (Off topic).

The mods have shot themselves in the foot by trying to accommodate the numpties who've caused this mess. Serves them right.

It is all internet bullshit, all the players the SMB users were going on about played against us tonight & have not been sacked.

The real story was Stokes was playing music loud, a neighbour complained to Keane, but this became Stokes was having parties, which became....., which then involved others.

It is all internet bullshit, all the players the SMB users were going on about played against us tonight & have not been sacked.

The real story was Stokes was playing music loud, a neighbour complained to Keane, but this became Stokes was having parties, which became....., which then involved others.

I heard that nothing happened. Allegedly.

I'm a member over there, don't post much but I find the Parsnip forum a good read, a different mentality to the general chat on here.

Good point raised by Coach btw, I'm more likely to ignore stuff over there than I would on here.

Some very funny stuff i find on the SMB & Parsnip, post now and then but very rarely is it to do with football. Always find amusing how their biggest threads are NUFC related usually.

Some very funny stuff i find on the SMB & Parsnip, post now and then but very rarely is it to do with football. Always find amusing how their biggest threads are NUFC related usually.

yup.  Day before derby day and there was this one lad (forgot his name) posting a new thread every 2 seconds, the titles of which were things like "fuckin hell - thers a mag in me house", "I fucking hate the mags", "Celebrity mag you'd most like to kill" etc etc etc.

Pathetic, really.

I think it's as funny as feck - yes they are bitter and obsessed and hate anything slightly North of them,but that makes it even funnier.

The bile and invective always cheers me up no end. The conspiracy theories and transfer hopes are the stuff of legend.

When the Black Dog of Depression comes a calling the SMB is a sure way to make you howl with laughter. :laugh2:

Guest Andrew Flintoff

I think it's as funny as feck - yes they are bitter and obsessed and hate anything slightly North of them,but that makes it even funnier.

The bile and invective always cheers me up no end. The conspiracy theories and transfer hopes are the stuff of legend.

When the Black Dog of Depression comes a calling the SMB is a sure way to make you howl with laughter. :laugh2:

Haha aye I agree with this. I think it's some sort of release that when we're shite, I can go over there and realise that things could be a whole lot worse

SMB was always years ahead of this place. Huge userbase, less strict moderation of posts shifting them into irrelevant threads, stopping people posting new topics until they've x many posts etc.

This place is too rigid and it makes it boring because there's rarely new topics

We have strict topic and post moderation on here for two reasons: (1) to keep the forum from being closed-down like the SMB, and (2) because it's only about 12 months since everybody was complaining about shite threads, duplicate threads, and generally dismal posting standards in this section of the forum.

It's obvious that there's no format that would please everyone, but the general reaction to the forum has improved drastically over the past year and the majority of people seem to enjoy posting here (i.e. they come back), so if you ask me the admin have to stick with this format, since it quite clearly works.