Mackems In Meltdown

Crumpy Gunt

Shame really, always found it quite amusing especially their vitriolic obsession with all things NUFC.

You don't think this thread qualifies from the reverse perspective? ;)

Nah not really. Nothing like the jealous drivel they come out with.

Guest Knightrider

N.O is the best forum I feel and while I'm biased I do think it's got the lot and the respect rival fans have for the place says a lot about it in my opinion, that and the fact the media constantly browse it which actually may be a bad thing, so fuck of journos. Cunts.

N.O is the best forum I feel and while I'm biased I do think it's got the lot and the respect rival fans have for the place says a lot about it in my opinion, that and the fact media constantly browse it which actually may be a bad thing, so f*** of journos. c***s.

Fancy you thinking it's the best....... :lol:

Guest Andrew Flintoff

SMB was always years ahead of this place. Huge userbase, less strict moderation of posts shifting them into irrelevant threads, stopping people posting new topics until they've x many posts etc.

This place is too rigid and it makes it boring because there's rarely new topics

SMB was always years ahead of this place. Huge userbase, less strict moderation of posts shifting them into irrelevant threads, stopping people posting new topics until they've x many posts etc.

This place is too rigid and it makes it boring because there's rarely new topics

Its called quality control.

For starters it stops spammers in their tracks, the post limit isn't high and you can get round it in a few days if you are to be a serious member that shouldn't matter imo.

Aye but they have like 400 new threads a minute, it's like the polar opposite of here.

7-8 threads on the same thing, usually nothing even to do with the club.

Probably the worst thing about the place, i cannot see how that's possibly a good thing at all.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

It doesn't make you wanna check the forum much though when you have the same crap 500 page long threads hanging about for months on end

Aye but they have like 400 new threads a minute, it's like the polar opposite of here.

Probably the worst thing about the place, i cannot see how that's possibly a good thing at all.

And anything that hasn't been discussed for 15 minutes is about 3 pages away and lost forever. Like someone said earlier, there's no real discussion goes on, just a lot of bickering followed by 8 threads on Coronation Street and 62 reasons why NUFC are shit.

And anything that hasn't been discussed for 15 minutes is about 3 pages away and lost forever. Like someone said earlier, there's no real discussion goes on, just a lot of bickering followed by 8 threads on Coronation Street and 62 reasons why NUFC are shit.

:lol:

You've nailed it there.

Don't come here then. Nobody forces you to. :dontknow:

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Don't come here then. Nobody forces you to. :dontknow:

That was a bit of a dummy-spit there Dave!

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Because if I want to talk about NUFC, find me a better place?

I just think as forums go, it's dull.

The same threads sit at the top for days and days, and if the way it's moderated doesn't seem particularly attractive for new users. Breaking news disappears into semi-relavant threads meaning you need to read 15 pages to find what the latest is.

Constructive criticism, tis all mate

Guest Knightrider

Tbh I can see where AF is coming from but the trick to any forum in my opinion is getting to know it and you ondly do that by reading and joining in which you hardly do these days AF. When you do get to know the ins and outs of a forum and it's membership, you get to live with it. Like a marriage. Like I said I think we have the lot on N.O, the full mix and the number of quality posters on here from football and GC perspective is ridiculous, we are like Chelsea in that sense, even the reserves are fucking good.

Tbh I can see where AF is coming from but the trick to any forum in my opinion is getting to know it and you ondly do that by reading and joining in which you hardly do these days AF. When you do get to know the ins and outs of a forum and it's membership, you get to live with it. Like a marriage. Like I said I think we have the lot on N.O, the full mix and the number of quality posters on here from football and GC perspective is ridiculous, we are like Chelsea in that sense, even the reserves are fucking good.

You go too far. :lol:

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Might the less strict moderation on the SMB be in some way responsible for its current status btw...?

Very possibly, it has its downsides, without doubt.

I agree with this also, but I find myself more compelled to hit the SMB before here as if there's any interesting news breaking, it'll be there. On here it's in the middle of a thread somewhere which was started yonks ago and makes no sense if you read from page 1. I know it must be difficult to moderate but from an "addiction" point of view, I don't find that here.