Outsiders

bodson

OK, there are alot of rumours going on. Top names are being mentioned. But, do you have any other interesting names exept the obvious ones, that you would consider for the position? Name your outsiders here and please motivate why they are interesting.

Id consider

Michael Laudrup - Plays an interesting attacking football and has med good results with Brondby, at the moment he is at Getafe. He is definately a manager for the future and would bring back the beutiful game to St James's.

Thoma Schaaf - Has made Werder Bremen a fantastic side and would be interesting to see in an other league.

Jose Pekerman - Argentina played beutiful football with him as coach last world cup.

As you see, Im all for offensive football. Im sick of defensive shit football, it just doesn't work for us. :-)

Juve are constantly being linked to Mourinho and the likes, so could maybe see Ranieri leave and his name come up if the job is available a while, which looks like being the case as I can’t see anyone wanting it!

Was about to suggest Deschamps myself on the basis of his work at Monaco and Juventus. The downside would be that it appears the constant media speculation about his job security got to him at Juve. Not exactly ticking all the right boxes.

Up and uncoming Foreign Managers may not always cut it. Didn't Portsmouth go fo some french bloke some time back and Fulham went for Tigana etc.

With MA's cash, he will probaly want a tried and tested name. Having spent so in buying over the cludb and clearing the debts, fairly instant sucess is what he wants immediately.

Fatih Terim & Jose Antonio Camacho the latest two to be linked to the club, Terim been recommended to the club by Robson, spanish paper Marca saying we've been in contact with Camacho. now let's see SSN whip up speculation about these two so they can make some money on bets...

Quote from wiki:

Terim prefers an attacking type of football where every player has a role in it, when he was coaching AC Milan he used a 4-3-1-2 formation where a playmaker is in function the back players push up front and their places are filled up with another team player, good attacking and entertaining football are the key factors in Terim's system.

How about Vicente del Bosque?

I remember him from his Real Madrid days but I don't really know what his style of football is like.

~Rgds,

Ericz

dear ericz.

del bosque's peculiar qualities - diplomacy, meekness and general laissez faire attitude to tactics - were ideally suited to the just as peculiar situation at real madrid. he basically just did whatever perez told him to, let the best players in the world play as they wanted and told the rest of the team, from Makelele backwards, to simply defend. i think in other situations he wouldn't be so good, for instance he flopped at besiktas.

yours sincerely,

johnnypd

Quote from wiki:

Terim prefers an attacking type of football where every player has a role in it, when he was coaching AC Milan he used a 4-3-1-2 formation where a playmaker is in function the back players push up front and their places are filled up with another team player, good attacking and entertaining football are the key factors in Terim's system.

Admirable tactics, sounds like a genius but jesus; can you imagine our bunch of retards trying to get their heads round that?

Simple game complicated by fools tbh, mostly wearing black and white.

Guest clownhat

my mate change wikipedia to say ant and dec for the job to take the piss out of me... it was there for ages, might have gone by now.